What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinfest 2023 - August 25/26/27th

And after saying all that, I think the stand out part of the show for me has to be Ailsa and what she’s doing for pinball and inclusivity. Ailsa is leading the charge in ripping the dick off this hobby and proving it’s not just for the boys. It’s always been a male dominated hobby but Ailsa is building up a strong following and it’s only a matter of time before we get our first female UKPinfest Open/Classics champion. It’s generally an intimidating experience for the ladies to participate but Ailsa is teaching them how to grab, twist and yank to tear it clean off. Please keep it up ladies. We want to see you competing in the main competitions.

I saw this ridiculous post on Reddit last night and it’s absolutely why we need people like @ailsaclunie 🙌

IMG_2747.jpeg

I do think it’s a lot better in general now since I started attending events 10 years ago. Attitudes are definitely changing and it’s fab to have a dedicated area encouraging women to play ❤️

Fantastic Pinfest as always, huge thanks to @Big Phil and the entire team for making the event so special. I knew so many more players going in to this one than previous events so it was nice catching up with people and having more multiplayer games.

Was incredibly excited to make it through to the semi final of the tournament for the first time this year, seems I manage one extra step each time, maybe next year is the one 😂 huge congrats to the four very worthy finalists though. And a big thanks to every single pinhead who brought their games along, there's no show without you all!

Same time next year, yeah? :D

I'm more wondering who owns the Nissan - ultimately it doesn't matter who the owner of the VW is as you can let your insurance know the reg, send them the footage link and claim directly.

Looks like the Nissan has been really damaged :(

I'm more wondering who owns the Nissan - ultimately it doesn't matter who the owner of the VW is as you can let your insurance know the reg, send them the footage link and claim directly.

Looks like the Nissan has been really damaged :(

The first one from the video I believe was all dealt with on the day. Pinfest Staff were aware of it at the time.

Where do I start?

Must be the best Pinfest yet, I've only done four but common consensus seems to agree.
I think I play less pinball each year but make even more friends.

Huge thanks to Phil and the NLP guys, we took 6 games and one was Black Hole so a big beast! A few had minor issues, Black Hole had a coil overheat melting the coil sleeve, @Poibug to the rescue with a lucky find of the exact coil from @steve brum (Thankyou!).

JP had the typical DE EOS flipper issues but seemed to sort itself out. Centaurs left flipper plate dropped out, was packed and fixed by @Pudsey pinball 👌

Then Black Holes right upper flippers coil stop came loose meaning the flipper was sticking and binding... Unfortunately fine for qualifying in classics, faulty for the finals then fixed for freeplay.... Sorry to those Classics finalists for having to deal with that flipper!

Creechs reed switch on the whirlpool stopped working, no idea when as I was only informed after the league finals, I think the heat got to it, it's been sent back to the USA to be looked at.

Oh and discovering Centaurs backglass locking bar had fallen off the lock on Monday morning so we couldn't get the head off. Huge thanks to Chris Miller and @fligg ? For thinking outside the (back)box to create a stick to poke in the back of the backbox and pull the bar to release the backglass

AFM and Diner were flawless!

I really love seeing people play Black Hole in the classics, a few moans about the lower playfield 😄 but that's Pinball!

Appreciated all the random comments about Black Holes condition, how well our games felt and played...make those obsessive hours and days of fiddling worthwhile.

Absolutely fantastic to see our boy @NateG119 in the playoffs and our friend Nick Clark UK make the classics playoffs.
Shame about Dan "Dpock" Pocklington getting knocked out of the top 24 in the last 30mins.

Last year I got drunk sad after finishing near the bottom, but this year I made up for it with my first ticket Sat night putting me 21st, obviously it bled down and out to 31st but I'm still pleased with it! My other four tickets were useless and I didn't buy anymore as I knew I'd feel worse if I didn't improve on it, especially with the pressure.

I loved Mystery Castle!

Cheers to @Arv and co for running the classics and allowing Black hole to be used and abused 😄

My issue with Pinfest is my feet and back kill! I need to get to the bottom of this as it does ruin my potential enjoyment of the weekend.

Post Pinfest lurgy anyone?

I thought that was part of the fun of Pinfest was feeling blue and sick for the week after ;)
I am glad I work for myself, because this week is going very very SLOWLY, I am at about 25% efficiency right now haha Still super tired lol

and I had to do a speed awareness course this morning hahahahahah

Wow - such a great weekend, and taking over the whole hotel worked so well.

Thanks to Phil for organising, the whole team for running it all so smoothly, the people running the competitions, and the volunteer scorekeepers. Special thanks to the many people who brought their much-loved machines and allowed everyone to play them all weekend, and finally to everyone who attended - what a great bunch of friendly people!

I took a few snaps (not enough of the comps apart from the main), and one or two badly done videos (I don't have much experience of vids).
They are now on my FlickR page here.

Already very much looking forward to next year!

One small request. If you played Magic Girl over the weekend and have time to leave a rating on pinside i/we would appreciate it. You need 50 ratings to be listed in the top 100, but we only have 6 so far, and some were from before we fixed it!

Honest reviews of course. Just whatever you thought yourself after a few games.

Cheers

I’m negative albeit feel run down an generally knackered.
All that said it was well worth it and such a super event that saw me chatting more than playing pinball.
I think my unfounded Ball/Will snobbery has finally come to an end as I absolutely loved some of the Gottlieb’s and like everyone else Nightmare Castle.
That said I’m loving WCS and after playing BK2k had to have me one again.

Good to hear you tested negative, Col. I loved the Gottliebs too and in particular Nightmare Castle. One of the highlights in the show. Also TBL was one of the best, which I got to play just before leaving.

Wow - such a great weekend, and taking over the whole hotel worked so well.

Thanks to Phil for organising, the whole team for running it all so smoothly, the people running the competitions, and the volunteer scorekeepers. Special thanks to the many people who brought their much-loved machines and allowed everyone to play them all weekend, and finally to everyone who attended - what a great bunch of friendly people!

I took a few snaps (not enough of the comps apart from the main), and one or two badly done videos (I don't have much experience of vids).
They are now on my FlickR page here.

Already very much looking forward to next year!
Awesome photos Conrad. Thank you for doing this, some great memories in there 👍

Reactions: C&C
I’m negative albeit feel run down an generally knackered.
All that said it was well worth it and such a super event that saw me chatting more than playing pinball.
I think my unfounded Ball/Will snobbery has finally come to an end as I absolutely loved some of the Gottlieb’s and like everyone else Nightmare Castle.
That said I’m loving WCS and after playing BK2k had to have me one again.
Nightmare Castle?!? Where was that... I'll never know, it must be a mystery! 😏😂

I’m riddled with covid too unfortunately. Felt a little bit rough yesterday but today feel terrible. Thought it was just a cold/flu but after reading here I’ve just done a test and bingo

My family banished me to my study all day, a 9ft x 8ft cell like room. Fortunately, my study is off my Pinball Room which is also within my quarantine zone, so I can also go play!

Make your own burritos arrived earlier (with special home made Guacamole) and my lovely wife has just called through and asked if I want a beer dropping off at the door.

Livin' the quarantine dream :)

1693424591893.png
Paul

All the people infected, did you do the 🎤 Karaoke or Curry night? Just curious. Tested negative here.

Back
Top Bottom