What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Edit: Have to give credit and thanks to @jonathan for posting the link to the shipping service a while back. Didn’t find it on my own!

:thumbs:

Never used the service myself as £395 shipping kinda kills the purchase of a £500 arcade cab, but it's a good option for something as expensive as a pin

I used the service for stargate cocktail and have to say it’s pretty decent.

Yeah, i got my Ice Cold Beer last year using the service. Think i bought it in January and it arrived early April. You could
Probably knock a month off that if you timed it right with the container filling up. Great service

I bought my 4 player Simpsons using the service as the UK version is all kinds of ugly.
Think it was less than 8 weeks from purchase to arriving at my house and it was packed and wrapped very well.
How is your Ice Cold Beer @Spandangler I remember you jumping on it while I was umming and arring, very jealous! :)

Yeah, i got my Ice Cold Beer last year using the service. Think i bought it in January and it arrived early April. You could
Probably knock a month off that if you timed it right with the container filling up. Great service

Very jealous you have an Ice Cold Beer! Never played it but I've been lusting after one for a while.

I bought my 4 player Simpsons using the service as the UK version is all kinds of ugly.
Think it was less than 8 weeks from purchase to arriving at my house and it was packed and wrapped very well.
How is your Ice Cold Beer @Spandangler I remember you jumping on it while I was umming and arring, very jealous! :)

It’s cool mate. But I’m starting to see it taking up Pinball money!! It might have to go if a TAF or MM presents itself

It’s cool mate. But I’m starting to see it taking up Pinball money!! It might have to go if a TAF or MM presents itself

If you are looking to sell it in the future and jsyjay isn't interested please let me know! If the timing is right I'd really like one.

If you are looking to sell it in the future and jsyjay isn't interested please let me know! If the timing is right I'd really like one.

I would be interested if you do decide to sell it mate.

As you say JustLikeMe it will depend if the time is right. :)

That import service on UKVAC is apparently really good. A buddy of mine has had a couple of games sent over and had no problems at all. Good way of doing it for relatively little money

Sorry for the dumb question, will you need to do anything so they work fine on UK electrics? Or just a case of using a converter plug?

I ask because I see in Stern’s case they state:

Games shipped to North America operate on 60 cycle electricity only.
These games will not operate in countries with 50 cycle electricity (Europe including the UK).

Is this not the case with TNA?

Sorry for the dumb question, will you need to do anything so they work fine on UK electrics? Or just a case of using a converter plug?

No it’s 110/220v switchable so does both.

Nell

Stern added circuitry\software to detect frequency and then disable if not 60z. To stop people importing machines from USA where they are cheaper..

Interesting, smart business but annoying for the consumer. I guess the extra profit in Europe also pays for the distribution network without hurting their profit margin.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Took all of 4 minutes to work around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m a little slow, I’d probably be asking on here how to do it.

Last edited:
I’m a little slow, I’ll probably be asking on here how to do it.

Are you importing new sterns from the US? Can’t imagine how you save money at current exchange rate.

Oh, no. I was looking at this TNA and was asking because I wasn’t sure if something special would be needed to make it work. I noticed Stern’s site had a note about their US versions not working.

BigIan then mentioned above that it was to stop people buying them cheaper there and importing. I was merely commenting on that. :)

I do like the look of this TNA.

Bowen playing head to my channel at twitch.tv/neilmcrae and I’m hosting the stream and can’t cut and paste on phone

Machine looks awesome, how much would it work out to import one of these now the exchange rate has improved?

Bowen is awesome!

And watching TNA, there is simply no other game like it. Totally unique.

Can't wait to play it one day.

£6K assuming current visa exchange rate
includes say £800 for shipping (probably get this cheaper)

20%VAT

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom