What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Clive

Registered
Help me out here - this game is suddenly number 5 in the Pinsider 100 . Had a glance at you tube and it looks pretty basic in a retro sort of way and pretty uninteresting to my eye. Must be missing a whole lot????

Watched a guy steam it one night. Could not hang around long but like the music/beat which is a good start.

Help me out here - this game is suddenly number 5 in the Pinsider 100 . Had a glance at you tube and it looks pretty basic in a retro sort of way and pretty uninteresting to my eye. Must be missing a whole lot????

It looks a bit retro to me too.

I don't think the Pinside rank counts for much, not for a brand new game.

I think it's just the average grade. So if a couple of new owners, still in the honeymoon period, give it top marks but no one else has tried it or voted, then it scoots to the top.

agreed, also at its best in multiplayer format.

when mine arrives we are going to hold a launch event at flip out with it so everyone can have a go at playing it. Not looking likely for this side of xmas now though I'd have thought..

I don't remember a game that so many people enjoy playing as this one. It's supposed to be super addictive with multi-player games even more fun.

Good news for flip out:)

Sometimes simpler is better - Gottlieb were the masters when it came to 'just one more game'.

Reactions: JMP
Hello, question please: Where do you buy these from in UK, is there a distributor, or do you have to import from USA yourself?

Let me mail them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For those of you who are buying and importing from USA, could I ask how you are getting them shipped please, as it seems you have to arrange your own shipping?

Also, Is there merit in clubbing together and getting a few shipped at once to save on shipping costs? thanks, Alan.

I spoke to Spooky today and apparently mine should be on the line within the next couple of months. I’m number 142.

For those of you who are buying and importing from USA, could I ask how you are getting them shipped please, as it seems you have to arrange your own shipping?

I’m getting mine shipped via this service:

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/game-import-assistance-service-direct-to-uk_topic351833_page1.html

If you’re interested in ordering one I’d recommend you do the same - I couldn’t find a better option!

Thank you - that is a real good deal. I presume Spooky will just ship to this guys address in the USA?

Yeah, Spooky are happy to ship to wherever you like. I worked out the shipping and import costs as £395 + the difference in duty, which is 20% of $4495, or approx $900 / £665 at today’s exchange rate, for a total of £1060. Given that the machine is $5995 / £4425, that means the total cost to purchase one and get it over here is approx £5485, which is pretty incredible given the cost of a Stern Pro.

I’m sure it’ll work out a bit more expensive in the end with the credit card fees and shipping to the USA address, and I’ll also have to pay for the guy in the States to take delivery and store it until the container is ready, but even assuming it costs me around £6k in the end I’ll still be very happy.

Edit: Have to give credit and thanks to @jonathan for posting the link to the shipping service a while back. Didn’t find it on my own!

Last edited:
Yeah im airfreighting mine so shipping £400 more but want it quick :). You won’t save any money with clubbing together 4/5 machines. Mine should be ready Feb if the current rate of
build stays the same.

Yeah im airfreighting mine so shipping £400 more but want it quick :). You won’t save any money with clubbing together 4/5 machines. Mine should be ready Feb if the current rate of build stays the same.

Don’t blame you, I’d be tempted to do the same if I had anywhere to put it! The delay in getting it over will give me some time to make the space for it. Hopefully moving in the next month or two to a place with more space for machines, already have four at a mates place so well over current capacity.

I have three options - once I know that it works out ok I’ll let you know.

My TNA will be at Flipout in London for a few weeks.

I have three options - once I know that it works out ok I’ll let you know.
Thank you, much appreciated. I used fedex last year - very expensive, but bloody quick. I only used them after a shipping company in UK let me down, they quoted me £695 to air freight a pinball from USA to UK, so I bought it, and then they said they couldn't do it, so I was rather stuck!

I have since found http://www.ipsparcel.com/ who are cheaper. Hope you have found even better deals.

I doubt you’ll see much change from £800 now given the pounds weakness. RGP service that Justlikeme talks about is pretty good I had an arcade machine shipped through that last year with no problems it just took a while!

Neil

Back
Top Bottom