What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

I've been asked to put together a lighting mod for Elvira HOH - a shaker motor triggered edge lit acrylic 'lightning strike' for the house. Made some good progress with it today.

You are a coding genus mate, I always have huge amounts of respect for anything like this people create as the coding world is so beyond my realm of understanding 😂

You are a coding genus mate, I always have huge amounts of respect for anything like this people create as the coding world is so beyond my realm of understanding 😂

To be honest it's never been easier to do stuff like this. The accelerometer is a module that comes with a library, you just call the library to find out the current x, y and z positions. After that it's just writing the smarts to tell when some is shaking, not being jostled by a nudge, ie, repeated left and right movement at high speed.

To be honest it's never been easier to do stuff like this. The accelerometer is a module that comes with a library, you just call the library to find out the current x, y and z positions. After that it's just writing the smarts to tell when some is shaking, not being jostled by a nudge, ie, repeated left and right movement at high speed.
Oh I though as much, sounds super easy, I'll knock that up later (sound convincing?) 😂

Well that’s my New Years Day used up.

Decided to look into a problem with ToTAN. It was spitting out 2 balls when the first ball locked.

A bit research and had me looking at Switches... turned out there were a few - a mis-aligned opto (position 1 sw32) on the Ball Trough, and two sticky switches in the lock position (middle sw67 and top sw68).

Realigned the opto, replaced the switches.. quick test and... multiball wouldn’t start/work.

Turns out that the middle ball switch (sw67) needs to be closed for multiball to start... seemed I’d not properly adjusted the new switch.

Took a lot more time than I’d thought to get those switches to do what they were supposed to do.

All done - a few test games and beat the Genie!

Received my new Whitewater topper dome from @stumblor so time to figure out why three of the topper chase lamps were not working and another was locked on. Four faulty Darlingtons were the culprit on a five year old Homepin chaselight board. Bit surprised they didn't last longer but had five spares so now all flashing as it should.

Then with the new dome in place and the topper working I noticed how dirty the playfield and standup targets were in comparison, so one thing led to another and a partial strip, clean, wax and now all looking peachy! And much faster too. Its amazing how much faster the balls disappear down the whirlpool when the plastic is clean. What a great game WH20 is.

I believe I have a WH20 coming in shortly, this post has heightened the anticipation

can you do me a big one with beardy and his cock out? asking for a friend.
I get the sarcasm, but yes, I can. People are different and some like that. I was challenged to do this. It's not like I am pushing this into the stores and applying for a PPS license. Some like it, some don't. Big deal. This doesn't hurt anyone. Relax Neil. We're good.

Cliffy ramp protectors arrived today, meant for Genesis but fit with a bit of tab bending.
Rightside had a big crack so this will save it from smashing up anymore.
EAB680A8-3CA3-4F0A-AC39-591B1C837D56.jpeg
7391F1F8-8F20-414A-B27E-F44E656A0AB1.jpeg

Thought I was changing transistors today, took the board out of Robocop and saw this.
Special coil transistors have been worked on and a couple of pins not soldered, don’t know how the slingshot was even working as the pin was just leaning against the long join.
Working now and at least I have some spare tip102’s now.EA4F60DD-6BE2-4C7F-B0B5-2B091BFF00C9.jpeg

Thought I was changing transistors today, took the board out of Robocop and saw this.
Special coil transistors have been worked on and a couple of pins not soldered, don’t know how the slingshot was even working as the pin was just leaning against the long join.
Working now and at least I have some spare tip102’s now.View attachment 129617
Jeeeeesus....

Got rid of the problematic PU shooter lane protector for IMDN.
Put a length of Mylar in the lane using this.
Cut a notch out for the switch using Stanley knife.
Works a treat, no interference with play.
D4DE623A-C79A-4E8D-B20A-28D8206BB189.jpegFFB2EAD5-C1DF-4406-A12A-6310DF2DFFDC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom