Today I worked on......

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2019
Kent
Alias
robllewellynuk
Today I removed old and fitted new line filter, varistor and thermistor from Jim. Hurricane no longer instantly trips the house when plugged in!

I feel like a wizard...

No pics of that sadly, but the ones from Jim are slightly smaller than the one in the machine, so needs a hole drilled and tapped.

Next is Afterglow board for lamps. I notice my GI flickers like crazy, I hadn't noticed this before. Either working on BOP with incandesant and now Afterglow has made me a light snob, or something's changed!

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 12.28.13.png

Stags6969

Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2018
Mansfield
Alias
Real Name - Paul Billings
Today I removed old and fitted new line filter, varistor and thermistor from Jim. Hurricane no longer instantly trips the house when plugged in!

I feel like a wizard...

No pics of that sadly, but the ones from Jim are slightly smaller than the one in the machine, so needs a hole drilled and tapped.

Next is Afterglow board for lamps. I notice my GI flickers like crazy, I hadn't noticed this before. Either working on BOP with incandesant and now Afterglow has made me a light snob, or something's changed!

View attachment 130232
Looking good.
Would really like one of these one dat

Reactions: biglouieuk

CHRIS B PINBALLS

Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2019
bingley

I feel like a wizard...

View attachment 130232
You could just turn the gi power saver off in the menu and that should stop the flickering

Reactions: biglouieuk

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2019
Kent
Alias
robllewellynuk
The patch reworks the lamp matrix driver to work around an issue with ASIC and modifies the timing with how lamp matrix is controlled. Therefore it only applies to controlled lamps, not GI.
gotcha. Thats why its my GI flickering and the lamsp are all good :thumbs:

crsedgar

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2016
DUNDEE
Today I worked on BSD ;

Since reassembly the coffin lift ramp was fowling on the metal support stopping it from dropping, this resulted in having to strip most of the coffin down again damn, pays to try mechs before full reassembly.
coffin-lift.jpg

Fitted the last cliffy in the set on the rat scoop
cliffy1.jpg

cliffy2.jpg

fitted @xianek speaker panel to top things off.

speaker-panel.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Reactions: replicas

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Alias
I am me
Today I had a go at creating my own Bally score display. I designed a control board a while ago and just got around to hooking up a 4 digit 7 segment display I had lying around. it works!

The next step is to design the circuit board for the 6 or 7 digit led displays. I plan to make these in orange, red, white and maybe other colours.
2D061017-1F09-4655-A93B-A54A19452358.jpegF6B0B360-B30D-4C35-8117-7CCA02BFD853.jpeg5BB9ADAB-88C4-4D34-8A1F-749635F5761D.jpeg

Only slight issue is I cannot find anywhere in the world 7 segment displays with a comma instead of a full stop, at a reasonable price.
My search continues !!!!

OP
kevlar

kevlar

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2013
Newport, South Wales
Alias
Kevin Donovan
Today I had a go at creating my own Bally score display. I designed a control board a while ago and just got around to hooking up a 4 digit 7 segment display I had lying around. it works!

The next step is to design the circuit board for the 6 or 7 digit led displays. I plan to make these in orange, red, white and maybe other colours.
View attachment 130298View attachment 130299View attachment 130300

Only slight issue is I cannot find anywhere in the world 7 segment displays with a comma instead of a full stop, at a reasonable price.
My search continues !!!!
Nice work Al, @lukewells used to make some, I bought a 2 colour display off him for my old Vector playfield. Pretty sure his had the same full stop problem. He seems to be mia these days so more options always good.

Reactions: AlanJ and astyy

PinballDaze

Registered
Feb 20, 2012
Cwmbran.South Wales
www.pinballdaze.co.uk
Alias
Pinball Dave

View attachment 130298View attachment 130299View attachment 130300

My search continues !!!!
I have a 7 digit display, with commas. Will PM you.

andy

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Bristol
Finished off the drop target replacements on fireball II. Doing one bank of drop targets is bad enough but 3 sets is a marathon. Hopefully though these will last a good 40 years like the last lot. 😂😂

Very nice! 🙂

I love my FB2, it must be the game with the smallest gap between the pop bumpers!

Reactions: AlanJ