What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

Did this the other day, touched in the playfield and fixed some minor things. Had previous touch ups also so did what I could as had bare wood areas too.
Fixed the drop targets as sticking, adjusted switches and re soldered capacitors on them. Some switches with diodes missing so sorted that and everything now working.
Put a playfield protector on and plays really good now, fast and smooth.
Was going to add LED’s to the GI but going to leave it all incandescents as it looks right, nice and warm/bright.
Have a new set of drop targets which I will fit one day!

Next I need to work on my Taxi that I just picked up as that had more problems than I bargained for and before the ball disappears through an insert with a hole in it, poor Gorby😏

What a great game EBD is😎
4D9103D6-194C-44D7-9857-51705C695170.jpeg

Some small tasks while the little boys were at granny’s.

I replaced the right flipper spring on Fish Tales as it was getting stuck in the ‘up’ position. I decided to clean the playfield while I was there. It was, of course, filthy again so I removed the apron to see whether the ball trough was depositing filth and despair onto the balls. It was, but not at the level I expected given the speed of dirt accumulation on the playfield.

B246D987-E7B8-4FD9-9EE1-834138958F2C.jpeg
The whole pin is just filthy, grimy and rusty and I just need to bite the bullet, and strip and clean down the entire f*****g pin at the same time as - ideally - a playfield swap as there’s some wear. Thing is, it’s my favourite pin, and so I can’t have it out of action for a long period unless there’s another B/W-era pin in the slot. So, it’s going to have to wait…

After that, I put side art onto Godzilla, which I’d been putting off as I expected it to be a nightmare of disconnecting and labelling wires, and repositioning a long sticky panel. I’d even bought a decal positioning spray for wet application. As it was, it took about half an hour. Stern make playfields that are designed to be disconnected and the decal wasn’t as bad as I expected either (apart from a section that wouldn’t stay stuck for some reason). I should have guessed it wasn’t that difficult given the first five minutes of the ‘how to apply side art’ video explained how to lift the playfield and remove the balls!

The most difficult bit was removing the playfield. Playfields aren’t designed to be lifted and lifted out by a short woman. I had to get Jon (my husband) to help.

80BC2B7D-CBD6-48C9-BEC0-5BAF39662685.jpeg

568DBC7E-5DF1-4733-972D-6CCA4C734E86.jpeg

B0A17E4E-F8A1-4928-AE08-717050EF00AC.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D4BE008-2E3A-4BF2-AB55-FD8BE2738C3D.jpeg
    1D4BE008-2E3A-4BF2-AB55-FD8BE2738C3D.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Fishy handle back from platers and fitted.

Nailed the button from ali express first try, fits like it was made for it :)

Nice quality click to it as well, allot of the buttons from ali express are mushy and cheap feeling.

Attachments

• 20221011_202127.jpg
    20221011_202127.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20221011_202146.jpg
    20221011_202146.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 33
I spent yesterday looking at the state of my first overpaid for pin Data East TM, as there is an issue with it tripping the breaker in the house, and also the display would sometimes reset.

Managed to fix the reset issue I think (so far so good), a corroded lifted leg on an IC in the reset area on the MPU (which has had battery corrosion and previously repaired badly.

Internally there is also a DC PSU that has been installed at some point feeding a credit board (which is not wired correctly), and the PSU has been spliced into the supply cable. Not only that there was also one of those plasma ball things used as a topper, and the cabling was run inside also connected to the supply cable, so that was checked out also.

This Pin has been nothing but issues since I got it, and I embarrassed to say I should have checked this out earlier tbh. But I knew there were going to be some bodge jobs here when I eventually pulled back this insulation tape but this is a cracker.

I have to show you folks the state of how rough this was 😂

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.17.14.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.18.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.18.27.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.17.14-3.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.17.15.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.17.15-2.jpeg

Srap pile

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 15.17.13.jpeg

could be worse. at least the fecker had a go at soldering them on. 😂😂
🤣 I don't dare investigate much on this machine unless I have to when there are issues, as I love the game. Yesterday however I was close to taking it to the Tip 😂

I spent yesterday looking at the state of my first overpaid for pin Data East TM, as there is an issue with it tripping the breaker in the house, and also the display would sometimes reset.

Managed to fix the reset issue I think (so far so good), a corroded lifted leg on an IC in the reset area on the MPU (which has had battery corrosion and previously repaired badly.

Internally there is also a DC PSU that has been installed at some point feeding a credit board (which is not wired correctly), and the PSU has been spliced into the supply cable. Not only that there was also one of those plasma ball things used as a topper, and the cabling was run inside also connected to the supply cable, so that was checked out also.

This Pin has been nothing but issues since I got it, and I embarrassed to say I should have checked this out earlier tbh. But I knew there were going to be some bodge jobs here when I eventually pulled back this insulation tape but this is a cracker.

I have to show you folks the state of how rough this was 😂

View attachment 183801

View attachment 183802

View attachment 183803
View attachment 183805
View attachment 183804
View attachment 183806

Srap pile

View attachment 183809
It is unbelievable the hack some people do on pinball, that power adaptor is a joke. I remember getting a pin with a screw screwed into the playfield to stop a ball going into a scoop that did not kick out the ball, crazy

Nearly killed myself. 1kg of meat plus fried egg, bacon, cheese, salad. think the salad was the problem! Barbican Steakhouse, Plymouth. they have some monster meals.
View attachment 184534
I pity the next person to use the toilet after you tomorrow morning! Although I'm guessing the next person will probably be you for rounds 2 through 4 to expel that lot.

So…. Did a quick flipper I sat and found out that the play in the left flipper was due to the fact that I’m missing the small gromit pictured and not just wear and tear.

Now what do I do. 😩

Attachments

• 0484D2B0-484C-4374-AF75-D0841F7305AC.jpeg
    0484D2B0-484C-4374-AF75-D0841F7305AC.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 5
Refurbishing the coin door for my current diner project. Amazing what elbow grease and satin black can do.
I was about to ask what reflective paint you used for that as the chrome looks awesome... until i realised from the above that it wasnt quite what i thought......

Back
Top Bottom