What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA 2?? I hope so

I’m hoping the members get butter cabinets ;-)
I’ve got to admit to having no idea what that is. I saw loads of people on Pinside discussing the black powder coating, and whether they’d prefer an option on colours, and whether it had particular mods included that weren’t in the original.

And I’m like “It’s a TNA! IT’S A TNA! IT’S AN ACTUAL TNA!!” It could be powder-coated lime green and yellow polka dots and I’d probably be entirely happy (well… maybe not that specific colour combination, but I’m certainly happy with purple, chrome or black).

You’d have to be on crack cocaine to buy one of these at that price!!!

if you want to play TNA it’s £15 entry at Pinball Republic for a whole day!
I would totally agree with that, it's a really simple game from an electronics perspective, it doesn't have any licencing cost I can't see how it can be justified at £11k, sounds a bit supreme to me 😏😀

Scott has said they are renaming the machine from TNA 2.0 to collectors edition. I’ll be honest and say at that price it should come with the butter cabinet as std!

I would totally agree with that, it's a really simple game from an electronics perspective, it doesn't have any licencing cost I can't see how it can be justified at £11k, sounds a bit supreme to me 😏😀
It’s small manufacturing runs, material costs and Spooky thinking they can sell 250 TNAs at that price…

The Lock Stock principle applies here. There isn’t anything like TNA and, thus, sadly, it doesn’t matter how much it costs to make 😭

There’s a general pattern with high-end pinball machines where the additional component cost doesn’t justify the higher price. Consider the difference between Stern Premiums and LEs.

Spooky has priced it at $9k though, in better times you could land it for that in pounds sterling, IIRC it was $6k in 2017 and £6k landed.

Wish I had funds I'd be all over this, don't know what it is but I just love it, well done everyone that's in for one 🤘

P.S. Pinball Republic is a 1012 miles round trip for me 😄

I actually think the Stern Le’s are better value than the prems. Crickey you don’t even get a shaker motor on the premium!
Yeah, but if you add up how much it costs to buy the useful add-ons (e.g. shaker motor, invisiglass) it seem to doesn’t add up to anything like the extra cost. LE buyers are paying a premium for exclusivity and early access.

P.S. Pinball Republic is a 1012 miles round trip for me 😄

Well, it’s only 90 minutes by train or 2 hours on a bike for me, but I still can only play it on a weekend or a Thursday night and only if I have childcare for my toddler. To be honest, it takes me all my time to play the pinball machines that are in our front room if I don’t have childcare for my toddler/older son. I played GZ at least five times today and only managed one game where I completed all three balls without interruption - usually, I need to take a break between balls to break up fights/sort out toys & games/fetch milk, snacks and water.

Yeah, but if you add up how much it costs to buy the useful add-ons (e.g. shaker motor, invisiglass) it seem to doesn’t add up to anything like the extra cost. LE buyers are paying a premium for exclusivity and early access.

Well, it’s only 90 minutes by train or 2 hours on a bike for me, but I still can only play it on a weekend or a Thursday night and only if I have childcare for my toddler. To be honest, it takes me all my time to play the pinball machines that are in our front room if I don’t have childcare for my toddler/older son. I played GZ at least five times today and only managed one game where I completed all three balls without interruption - usually, I need to take a break between balls to break up fights/sort out toys & games/fetch milk, snacks and water.
Coindoor ball saver is your friend

I seem to recall quite a few original tna buyers soon got bored and moved them on. it’s attraction in part was it’s keen price.

I seem to recall quite a few original tna buyers soon got bored and moved them on. it’s attraction in part was it’s keen price.
It's a good game but in my opinion shouldn't be priced more than a Stern Pro.

I think the chap I traded mine to moved it on within a week. *Correction, he put it up for sale 10 days later...

Last edited:

I think the chap I traded mine to moved it on within a week. *Correction, he put it up for sale 10 days later...
I think everyone here agrees that it’s overpriced and should be £6k. Everyone who is buying it would rather it be £6k. Trouble is, it’s not £6k new and there isn’t a ready source of £6k second-hand TNAs (or any TNAs) coming up for sale in the UK regularly either 😭

For our part, this isn’t a pin we’ve never played and are buying sight unseen. We are both members of Pinball Republic. We have both played TNA for up to 3-4 hours each already (and ball times are not long). We play it everytime we go in and have done for a year now - both of us. The first time I went in, I played it for an hour straight. I tend to play it slightly less now because I keep going in when I’m ill and it hates me, but I still play 2-3 games on every visit. My husband plays it 3-4 times on each visit.

As I keep writing on this thread, it is very niche. If you like deep rules, you may hate this pin. If you like toys, you may hate this pin. If you like theme, this pin will be of no interest whatsoever - it has no theme. It is an EM/early SS that uses modern tech to go 4,000 miles an hour and it hates you. The first time I played it, I was literally jumping up and down and squealing with excitement. I called my husband over to play it, and I remember Mike Parkins came over as well to tell me he’d played it in tourney and joked he was too old for it!

If it didn’t have a market, the 10 in the UK would be constantly coming up for sale. People would love them on first play, or buy one sight unseen, and then get bored within weeks. Instead, this forum has lots of people who want one (at £5-6k) but don’t see one coming up - TNA regularly comes up on Wanted lists. That’s a sign of a pin that has an audience, but which probably has a niche/cult audience.

Having played 90+ pins on location now, it’s in our joint Top 5 so - if we didn’t buy it - we’d have no way to reliably get one cheaper in future and would end up buying something we liked less and which wasn’t similar (because nothing is similar). I may live to regret it, but we’ve just sold a pin with deep rules and carried on playing Fish Tales (with lightning flippers). So, there is a population of pinball players who like to repetitively do the same hard thing over and over in the hope of doing better next time :)

Last edited:
So, there is a population of pinball players who like to repetitively do the same hard thing over and over in the hope of doing better next time
What’s your take on Iron Man? Mines inaccessible due to life laundry piling up around it, but just reading your post & I can feel the itch to smash the Monger growing again.

What’s your take on Iron Man? Mines inaccessible due to life laundry piling up around it, but just reading your post & I can feel the itch to smash the Monger growing again.
I keep being recommended Iron Man due to being a fan of Fish Tales and now TNA :)

I’ve played it at Pinball Republic a few times and, sadly, it’s one of the pins where I can’t get past the graphic design 😭 I do enjoy fighting Iron Monger and Whiplash tho’ (same reason I like the Brian Eddy designs :) ).

graphic design
Admittedly that's looking dated, but don't discount the rawest 'cage-fighting under glass' experience out there. Some great audio too.

Plus I could probably buy 2 of them for the price of 1 TNA CE right now. It's a great 'while you're waiting' machine, when you're playing multiplayer on another machine with longer ball times.

Admittedly that's looking dated, but don't discount the rawest 'cage-fighting under glass' experience out there. Some great audio too.

Plus I could probably buy 2 of them for the price of 1 TNA CE right now. It's a great 'while you're waiting' machine, when you're playing multiplayer on another machine with longer ball times.
Trouble is, I don't have space for two Iron Men (or anything else for that matter). I'm fighting to keep my classic (Flash Gordon) now Lord of the Rings has gone 😭

All our pins, with the exception of Godzilla, are 'while you're waiting' machines because we have a toddler and a five year old, and the pins are in the front room, so most gameplay is 'while you're waiting for peas to cook', 'while you're waiting for the five year old to go to the loo before going to the playground', 'while you're waiting for the oven to preheat' and 'while you're waiting for the kettle to boil to wash up a coffee mug'. Even Godzilla struggles to see play because it takes a huge amount of time for the software to boot up - we often leave it in attract mode 😆

We both work from home, so they are actually the office pinball machines! And, like all office pins, no one gets in long ball times during the working day.

So Spooky butter cabinets are decals with a protective clear coat?
Having looked this up now, they're apparently like playfield art. Painted with a clear coat (or similar). Normally, it's decalled. It looks really shiny (like Rad Cals).

According to Spooky's Facebook, they'll ask at build if people want a butter cabinet for their TNA. It seems it's an extra $1k (at least) and is obviously invisible the way collectors normally keep their pins (in a long row with no spaces between). It also doesn't recoup on resale, apparently, compared to a non-butter cab.

https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/posts/pfbid0fEibBMt8AgrAbJ5d6KT8N9TjMiARmB8EQJEx7sR6DZKsHb2zm62YxBKk38p4uLLl

Last edited:

Well, I'm clearly an exception to the above, as, it would seem, are other current TNA owners given the lack of machines coming up for sale in the UK.

It was my first pin, and I only have space for 2 in the house, so not part of a large collection. Had it for 2 and a half years and still play it every day - I've put well over 5500 games on it, and I can't see me selling anytime soon (if ever).

Not only is it fast, fun, with great sound, and has a very strong "just one more game" pull, the speed and necessity/difficulty of getting the ball under control is great practise for very difficult live catches, drop catches (especially out of the scoop), quick reactions to switch the ball save to the correct outlane, and generally having to be accurate to go far into the game past 1 or 2 reactors.

Despite the simplicity, if you do have a decent game, the tension and difficulty really starts to build as you get through several reactors, and still provides a massive challenge to actually finish it and destroy all 9 reactors. The funny bit is if you do manage to achieve all 9 (which I've only managed twice), the flippers die, the ball drains, and it tells you that you are dead too as you've achieved total nuclear annihilation. If you have any balls left at that stage (I had 1 on one of the occasions), that auto launches and drains as well.

On both times of completing it, the first thing I did was hit the start button for "just one more game".

To all those buying TNA 2.0, you'll love it, and I'm sure the fun will continue long after the (high) price is a distant memory.

Not only is it fast, fun, with great sound, and has a very strong "just one more game" pull, the speed and necessity/difficulty of getting the ball under control is great practise for very difficult live catches, drop catches (especially out of the scoop), quick reactions to switch the ball save to the correct outlane, and generally having to be accurate to go far into the game past 1 or 2 reactors.
This is a BIG part of the appeal to me. I REALLY want to 'git good' at pinball and it's such an amazing training pin.

Ball control is a HUGE issue on this pin, especially because everything on the playfield (including the scoop and the Godzilla-esque pop bumper) absolutely HATES you.

To all those buying TNA 2.0, you'll love it, and I'm sure the fun will continue long after the (high) price is a distant memory.
😍

Reactions: C&C
Dollar tanking it will be 12k by the time you have to pay for it
I think the pound has tanked as far as the markets expect it to tank. They're already pricing in a Liz Truss premiership.

I don't think anyone who's in on this expects a budget pin - nor to sell it at a profit. There are just TNA fans out there, and there is nothing similar to TNA (I know it *looks* like an early SS/EM, but it isn't one).

I think the pound has tanked as far as the markets expect it to tank. They're already pricing in a Liz Truss premiership.

I don't think anyone who's in on this expects a budget pin - nor to sell it at a profit. There are just TNA fans out there, and there is nothing similar to TNA (I know it *looks* like an early SS/EM, but it isn't one).
Not too sure on that I was going to get my dollar for bond on a forward at 1.17 early this week wish I had now
When the fed announce another 50 pnt interest rate rise in the state the pound will take another down turn

Back
Top Bottom