What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA 2?? I hope so

I’ve asked Phil about the price as soon as he announced it on FB. I was sure that I will finally get a TNA now. But honestly, when I heard the price, I’ve instantly forgot about it. Same thing with R&M. Only last year, brand new it was 6.5-7k. This year 10k-11k. Pinball is in pure greed mode.
I have a BNIB Halloween CE for sale by the way. It’s 10k on PH and I want only 8.5k for it. And it will be delivered sealed in box. No greed here. Anyone interested?

Last edited:
So I tried to order tna 2.0 from Phil with no success !
Phil told me spooky are not taking orders directly from distributors and couldn’t get me a tna
I contacted spooky direct and as expected no reply !
So to get one here, one needs to pay $50 for the fang club thingy, then sort out all the shipping and import paperwork themselves??

Sounds like they aren't bothered about reaching their 250 target - according to pinside only a bit over 100 sold...

So I tried to order tna 2.0 from Phil with no success !
Phil told me spooky are not taking orders directly from distributors and couldn’t get me a tna
I contacted spooky direct and as expected no reply !
Did you ever get a reply?

Turns out that me not owning any pins is a Bad Thing as the temptation is too strong 😅

Anyway I contacted Spooky and they put me in touch with an air freight company (Musson freight). The costs door-to-door work out as follows:
$8995 game
$600 air freight
$60 insurance
$1931 20% VAT due on above
$300 airport/customs fees
$225 domestic delivery
$25 wire transfer fee
------
$12136 TOTAL

At today's GBPUSD that works out to approx £10460. I get some of my pay in USD so the exchange rate isn't a factor luckily.

I genuinely wonder how many are going to make it into the UK... 🤔

Turns out that me not owning any pins is a Bad Thing as the temptation is too strong 😅

Anyway I contacted Spooky and they put me in touch with an air freight company (Musson freight). The costs door-to-door work out as follows:

At today's GBPUSD that works out to approx £10460. I get some of my pay in USD so the exchange rate isn't a factor luckily.

Each to their own but there are better games available for the money. It's a good game but not £10.5k+ good.

$60 insurance it would inquire about that and make sure it covers the full value of the machine
Agree it's low, although I think that may be in part due to air freight being lower risk. I did ask and was told:
you would unpack
it, and if any damage please take photos and document. Then if
over $500 we would submit the claim. Each certificate has a $500
deductible. Very rarely do we run into this, especially for air freight.

Each to their own but there are better games available for the money. It's a good game but not £10.5k+ good.
Eh, you might be right although "better" is very subjective. As I said I'm not spending my GBP so the exchange rate doesn't matter to me. Even then, it's the price of a stern prem and I'd personally have TNA over some prems (STh, rush, etc.) any day. In a few years' time it'll all look cheap anyway. (right??)

We estimated £10k when we did the calculation. But we tend to have bulk cash available in March, which is pretty-much useless for ordering a TNA 2.0 and we’ve got a pin leaving on Sunday… So, the timing wasn’t right.

Also, once it’s necessary to import a pin, there’s a second-hand TNA available on Pinside for $8k so it didn’t seem worth it to financially stretch to FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) order a new TNA now when I could import a second-hand one at some future point.

Eh, you might be right although "better" is very subjective. As I said I'm not spending my GBP so the exchange rate doesn't matter to me. Even then, it's the price of a stern prem and I'd personally have TNA over some prems (STh, rush, etc.) any day. In a few years' time it'll all look cheap anyway. (right??)
Yes. TNA is in my Top 5 pins of all time (and I’ve played/rated about 90 pins now). There’s no question, in my mind, that it’s better than 90% of the Stern Prems in Funland, which are the same price.

I wish I was you right now
You win some you lose some... Timing works out well for me this time.

Also, once it’s necessary to import a pin, there’s a second-hand TNA available on Pinside for $8k so it didn’t seem worth it to financially stretch to FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) order a new TNA now when I could import a second-hand one at some future point.
That doesn't include putting it in a box on a pallet so you'd need to factor in extra shipping costs. Used machines on pinside have been going for $8-9k so pretty much same price considering condition.

Well, looks like we've got a pinfo group buy going on with 4 games coming into the UK! 🥳

Just doing our service to the pinball community ensuring a good supply of TNAs in the country!! 😇 🤪
If I run into any piles of cash there will be a 5th, but until then…. very chuffed for you all.

If I run into any piles of cash there will be a 5th, but until then…. very chuffed for you all.
Well, the reason we have the money is because the IVF clinic I was at botched my last IVF cycle leaving me with a 4cm and a 3.5cm diameter blood blister on my right ovary, and a 2.5cm cyst on my left ovary. One of the cysts bled internally and left me in A&E all night and with a hospital admission.

The cysts aren't moving after six weeks. I can't try naturally for children because the cysts are suppressing my natural cycle. I can't do IVF because the cysts are producing oestrogen. And I can't drain the cysts because they'd refill again with blood immediately. I'm just going to have to wait to see if they leave on their own, and I don't know how long that will take - possibly months.

I'm 42 years old and the botched surgery has probably cost me my last chance of having a third child.

Needless to say, I'd rather have a third child than TNA... But you take the consolation prizes you get 😭

Well, the reason we have the money is because the IVF clinic I was at botched my last IVF cycle leaving me with a 4cm and a 3.5cm diameter blood blister on my right ovary, and a 2.5cm cyst on my left ovary. One of the cysts bled internally and left me in A&E all night and with a hospital admission.

The cysts aren't moving after six weeks. I can't try naturally for children because the cysts are suppressing my natural cycle. I can't do IVF because the cysts are producing oestrogen. And I can't drain the cysts because they'd refill again with blood immediately. I'm just going to have to wait to see if they leave on their own, and I don't know how long that will take - possibly months.

I'm 42 years old and the botched surgery has probably cost me my last chance of having a third child.

Needless to say, I'd rather have a third child than TNA... But you take the consolation prizes you get 😭
So sorry to hear this.

Family before pinball, always.

Who’s in this group buy ?
I’ll own up to being part of it.

There may be some shyness about TNA 2.0 because a lot of people, understandably, think it’s not worth £10.5k.

They don’t seem to come up that often. They appear to be £6.5k second-hand in the US at current exchange rates (and you’d need to import it from there). Also, £10k is around the old price of a Stern Prem and, having played a LOT of the Premium Sterns in the Electrocoin showroom in Russell Square AND in Pinball Republic, there is only Godzilla (which we own already) that I would rather have than TNA.

It’s a very niche pin. It’s obviously not for everyone. I think a lot of people don’t understand the appeal of it. If you like Classics, especially, but aren’t into 80s pins purely for the nostalgia, it’s a pretty catnip machine. It’s very much in the vein of either retro arcade games or addictive mobile phone games, such as endless runners - very simple rules and the appeal is all about fast reaction times, thumping music, and banging your head against the wall getting to the next stage. The vogue seems to be very complex rulesets for home use, but our most-played pin at home is probably Fish Tales - and we’ve had that for a year, playing it 100s of times without getting bored.

Last edited:
our most-played pin at home is probably Fish Tales - and we’ve had that for a year, playing it 100s of times without getting bored.
same for us, which is why I feel TNA would fit in well 'round these parts, but I'm also in that camp of not thinking it's worth over 1 million British pence (750,000p maybe), which makes this even more frustrating!

My mates all gravitate towards Metallica though, which is fair - it rocks, but I think TNA would be similarly popular... No thinky, more flippy.

Last edited:
same for us, which is why I feel TNA would fit in well 'round these parts, but I'm also in that camp of not thinking it's worth over 1 million British pence (750,000p maybe), which makes this even more frustrating!

My mates all gravitate towards Metallica though, which is fair - it rocks, but I think TNA would be similarly popular.
You’ve got good taste. Metallica is my favourite music pin 🎚️ Sadly, I don’t actually like Metallica’s music (!), but I can’t hear the one in Pinball Republic as it’s close to the full-volume ‘Disco Maiden’ - so I just enjoy the gameplay! :)

Spooky said the numbers are in order of sale. Was just wondering where they are at. Sales slowed way down after the first hour!
I think they’ll go back up on 15th because, apparently, they’ll open up to people who don’t belong the Fang Club which means, in practice, people who want a $95 discount on the pin and not to have to throw the vile-looking Pilsner glass in their recycling.

I had to join the fang club before my order. Hoping they might add something extra for members.
I added the TNA to my basket. It said I needed to belong the Fang Club to complete my order. So… I added a Fang Club membership to my basket.

I now have the excitement of receiving a membership card, a key ring and the fugliest pint glass in recorded history.

Back
Top Bottom