What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA 2?? I hope so

Don’t really get the fuss with TNA ?
Had a few sessions on it , rinse repeat gameplay got old fast. I appreciate the presentation is top notch. But 11k 😂

Much preferred Rick And Morty ✊ I actually look forward to playing that again whereas little interest in playing TNA again.
Very fast. Very much ‘simple to learn, hard(er) to master’. Can be played cooperatively and it’s all about achieving a single goal together. Amazing music and lighting.

It’s also massively different from anything else that I’ve played/rated. It’s like an ‘80s Stern with modern flipper/bumper techs and a radical audio-visual makeover.

I think to be a fan, you’ve probably got to be somewhat interested in classics (maybe). It’s definitely not dependent on, for example, complex code.

The first time I ever saw one (in Pinball Republic), I played it for an hour straight and was looking it up on my mobile to understand how many there were, when it was made, and how to buy one.

Had a few sessions on it , rinse repeat gameplay got old fast. I appreciate the presentation is top notch. But 11k 😂

Much preferred Rick And Morty ✊ I actually look forward to playing that again whereas little interest in playing TNA again.
Isn't it mainly just down to a bit of hype on here :hmm:
I thought I read a @CHRIS B PINBALLS post where he'd said the used market for them was historically crap.

Isn't it mainly just down to a bit of hype on here :hmm:
I thought I read a @CHRIS B PINBALLS post where he'd said the used market for them was historically crap.
Not from my POV. Some people just really like TNA.

I’ve played probably >100 pins in the last year. I’ve no nostalgia about older pins, as I didn’t playing in arcades growing up, so everything I play - regardless of era - I’m experiencing simultaneously for the first time. And I rate TNA as in my Top 5 pins of all time along with GZ, MM/AFM, and Fish Tales. It’s just a total adrenalin rush and it absolutely hates you, basically.

I keep trying to justify to myself that spending 11k on one isn't as crazy as it seems.

If you can afford it, don’t take on any debt to buy it and want one, how much more justification do you need? Ultimately they’re all just boxes of flashing lights, none of us really need them!

Chris.

Clearly the answer is a joint custody agreement, you all chip in a quarter of the cost and then it stays with each of you 3 months a year 😆

So I tried to order tna 2.0 from Phil with no success !
Phil told me spooky are not taking orders directly from distributors and couldn’t get me a tna
I contacted spooky direct and as expected no reply !

Only in the sense that there are never any for sale :p

Anytime anyone wants to test Chris's theory btw I have cash waiting. (As does @Hiltoncriss @Fubar and @JustLikeMe)

I thought he said that they were hanging around/not going for decent prices :hmm: Might have been another title I guess, but I'd thought it was TNA he was talking about. No doubt he can clarify if he sees this :)

Clearly the answer is a joint custody agreement, you all chip in a quarter of the cost and then it stays with each of you 3 months a year 😆

I know 2 guys that have done this with a new Aston Martin, 3 guys that have done this with a track M3 and 4 guys that have done this with a track Caterham. It does surprise me that more people here don’t do this with pins, split financial pain/risk. Couldn’t do it myself as I’m too precious about things, but I do see it as a good solution.

Chris.

I had TNA and currently have R&M. The big difference between the two from my POV - which is also the difference between TNA and most modern games - is that the rules on TNA are so simple / so easy to explain that pretty much everyone can get a grasp of how to play it within a few balls.

Outside of people I’ve met through the hobby, none of my friends are really that into pinball - they like bashing the ball around on games with an obvious target like MM but don’t really care enough to learn the deeper / more complex rules of modern games. All of them loved TNA because it was fast, easy to understand, and they weren’t at an immediate disadvantage because I knew the rules better than them. It isn’t a coincidence that I sold mine during the pandemic as it just isn’t as much fun to play on your own - but with a group of friends and a load of beers it’s hard to beat.

Plenty of people on here have said from experience how much they lost on them
It wasn’t popular on launch due to price more than a nib stern pro only 10 sold I think in the Uk
I think if you payed 11k plus shipping you are going to take a 2k hit and that doesn’t inc shipping losses let’s wait and see how much halloween is going to be on the second hand market

Reactions: JT.
I had @mark9 's TNA here for a while just before he sold it, infact I think it never made it back to Mark, was sold before it got there. I could have bought it myself for £5.5K ( and wish I had bought it now, obviously ) but the fact is it gets old fast! Even with around a dozen machines here I couldn't justify giving it a space in my lineup for long ( at its price ). There are only 1 or 2 collectors on here with enough money to not care what it costs, the rest of us can just forget about it. Play it at a show or flipout...oops I mean Pinball Republic.

Plenty of people on here have said from experience how much they lost on them
It wasn’t popular on launch due to price more than a nib stern pro only 10 sold I think in the Uk
I think if you payed 11k plus shipping you are going to take a 2k hit and that doesn’t inc shipping losses let’s wait and see how much halloween is going to be on the second hand market
Thing is, who’s gonna sell their TNA!

Back
Top Bottom