What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TILT!Audio 1.25 with "red board" is out

I think he should hand it over to someone else or get someone else involved if he cannot commit particularly if you can still send money, it would be a shame to shut it down as it is such a good project. He has the PCB on easyeda.com open to public download so they are easy to modify and to get manufactured.

Thing is - there is many errors on the PCB along with the software (that someone would have to re-write to get rid of the registration need).

I think it would cost half the price of a Pinsound to get the Tilt Audio up and running IF the PCBs and software worked.

Fixed mine last night, added the ground mod and removed the wire on the DAC for XSMT as you only need L G R G on there.

Needs tweaking now for the sounds but at least i have sound :)

Did anyone else get chance to tinker over Christmas?

Anyone know what the current state is with this. It looks like it's just died away. Do I turn to PinSound instead?

What''s the best method of powering these Tilt boards? I built mine ages ago but never got time to setup the Pi and software until today.

I now have it fitted to the machine (Frankenstein) but after about 10 seconds the machine powers off. Will check voltages etc later but just wondering whether it would be less stress on the original boardset to just fit a +12v PSU instead?

Cheers

If anyone has one of these boards for sale please PM me, I would be interested in having a play with one.

If anyone has one of these boards for sale please PM me, I would be interested in having a play with one.
I wouldnt bother, just buy a pinsound - it works.

The guy who does these Tilt boards has left the project high and dry to be honest.
Last seen September 2019 on here.
Last seen May 2020 on pinside.

He has not posted on his own thread for 8 months about this project.

SO PEOPLE - DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY. Two people I know ordered these boards and order shows as PENDING as he is 'too busy' to continue at the moment. Well Steve45 - send customers who have paid a refund.

Such as shame - this could of been so good, but alas - it doesnt work properly and the latest revisions of boards are incorrect so you need to add traces. What utter bull.... I really wanted to see this working, in fact I think I asked the same question.

Yes pinsound is £280. But includes good amplifiers, you open the box - install it and it works. Loads of games already have sound packages made for them.

I know Pinsound is better and works out of the box but that’s not the attraction for me. I like to brodel with things. I am electronics engineer, it’s what I do!

Last edited:
I know Pinsound is better and works out of the box but that’s not the attraction for me. I like to brodel with things. I am electronics engineer, it’s what I do!
You can download the (incorrect) files for the PCB according to discussion on pinside.
I also do electronic work for a living but I must admit, I could not be ****d when i get home :)

Would be good if someone else would take this on, I gave up with it a long time ago and bought a Pinsound. The trouble with Steve is he was adding new features before fixing problems.

I can only seem to find Pinsound+ and I just can justify spending £280 on it at the moment and then having to to do a complete speaker upgrade as apparently it needs it.
So....Does anyone have an older version of Pinsound they would like to sell me at a resonable price?

The board with the earthing errors to the ICs was 2.5f so I would hope he fixed it but of course there could be something else wrong on the newer board. I had the same issues with the earth broken and fixed so to me the ICs are doing nothing in the way of correctly talking to the Pi. I think the reg codes stops it sounding out the serial number of the Pi every few seconds. Steve never indicated to me that the issues were to do with not registering the Pi.

That was uploaded a year ago as I said.

By the time you get the board made, then add the amps, R PI - f about trying to get a license code you will be over £100 down.

Buy a pinsound - it works.

There is so many problems with this project. It does not work properly even if you get it working.... if....

I agree with you 100% ... anyone thinking of using this project would need to have very good knowledge to fix it first to get use from it, I wasted hours n hours.

The only problem I had with mine was soldering the amp as the instructions weren't clear. Apart from that works great on Frankenstein.

Ive just been given the gerbers from Twisters own project .
He designed it with another type of amp unit.
It should be a working pcb .

If anyone wants to have some made up just PM me and I will pass the gerbers.

Ive just been given the gerbers from Twisters own project .
He designed it with another type of amp unit.
It should be a working pcb .

If anyone wants to have some made up just PM me and I will pass the gerbers.

Will this work with the existing software?? First i have heard of twisters project...

Yep should work Ok.
I had been in contact with Twister on and off during the build of the Afterglow and he mentioned making a version for himself.
It's not been posted on the Flippermarkt forum as it was his personal build.
He's kindly let me have it.
Hopefully Steve wil release the source and allow the community to work on it open source.
But thats his decision.

Not had contact myself.
Projects like this can take its toll.
Forums can get a bit heated especially if things go wrong.
I guess he burnt out. Easy done

I contacted Steve about 4 or 5 weeks ago about this and he said the project was very much still alive and he was busy working on a new version.....

Yeh - problem is, once bitten.....

I bought one of his clock modules off him a few years ago... Arrived with a missing Wifi adaptor... Advised him, and after the spanish inquisition, he agreed to send me one.... which never arrived...
Gave him the benefit of the doubt on this one, and he disappears.
Not happening again :(

its not as if the signs where not there from the start... lots of board revs etc.

It's certainly not for the n00b but once built it's solid. It's been in my Frankenstein for a year now.

As i've said in the past, if anyone needs a hand shoot me a PM.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Do anyone have the 1.29FW ??
Found it!

Attachments

• update-1.29.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom