What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Although I’ve owned these since last year they have been out on loan the past few month but today arrived via Martin.
I have played them both albeit briefly before but now they’re at home I’m finding them both really favourable.
Wonka seems to play really fast and nothing as floaty as the usual suspects like WOZ and Hobbit although I haven’t levelled properly yet and gave it a long session.
TWD is an immediate hit with me and has a really good feel to it. Hopefully once I’m dialled in and understand rules better it will prove to be a long time guest. I’ve also not found it as brutal as I expected and my 1st dozen games saw me on the leaderboard 4 times almost taking the Champion score off there.

1427022C-FC8B-4E7C-9B6B-1D90BD71CB5C.jpeg3CEB9F77-DE08-4A82-8F3A-AAC70FE32343.jpegF63E2B2B-DF34-4793-86B8-E71D1EABBF4B.jpeg

Not strictly pinball but since theres plenty of tinkerers and makers here I thought id post anyway

The 130% super capitol allowance thing was ending tomorrow and since i cant wangle a new pinball machine through the business (brains ticking on that one :) ) i thought what can i buy... a new 3D printer!.

damn this thing is fast, has knocked 75% off print times compared to me prusa mk3. with all the other features was a big enough jump to justify the cost.

Will be great for printing pinball bits!.

20230329_211146.jpg

Not strictly since theres plenty of tinkerers and makers here I thought id post anyway

The 130% super capitol allowance thing was ending tomorrow and since i cant wangle a new pinball machine through the business (brains ticking on that one :) ) i thought what can i buy... a new 3D printer!.

damn this thing is fast, has knocked 75% off print times compared to me prusa mk3. with all the other features was a big enough jump to justify the cost.

Will be great for printing pinball bits!.

View attachment 197971
Is that the Bambu?
Was consdering one of those myself. What's the quality of the prints like?

yep wayne.

Only done one print with it so far and the quality was honestly excellent. no messing around, just set up and go. First layer was a thing of beauty.
Had me trusty Prusa mk3 about 5-6 years and has been great but the bamboo just blows it out the water in every way really. slicer, mobile app and monitoring is also super impressive.
held off upgrading for a true generational leap and this looks to be it.

Also prints CF, PC etc reliably and without warping from what i gather,

some good vids for print quality on this guys channel

a quick google...

yep wayne.

Only done one print with it so far and the quality was honestly excellent. no messing around, just set up and go. First layer was a thing of beauty.
Had me trusty Prusa mk3 about 5-6 years and has been great but the bamboo just blows it out the water in every way really. slicer, mobile app and monitoring is also super impressive.
held off upgrading for a true generational leap and this looks to be it.

Also prints CF, PC etc reliably and without warping from what i gather,

some good vids for print quality on this guys channel
I've started with the Flashforge Adventurer 3, which has produced some really beautiful prints on bog standard settings. Looking at getting a Creator Pro with independent dual extruder next week for my 50th (if the hints I've been giving out have been read by family properly).

I've held off the Bambu, purely because it's so new that reliability and aftercare support are yet to be tested.

"I've held off the Bambu, purely because it's so new that reliability and aftercare support are yet to be tested."

Yep agreed mate. Will see how it pans out.

one other thing to consider, to use the software and network features to its best, you have to transfer the files over their cloud network which means they effectively have everyones files..... and its a china who love to rip everyones IP.
Think you can bypass printing from SD card but something that might put some off.

My new SW yoke came and Holy Moley this thing is indestructible.
Weighing in at 2.6kg it’s an absolute beast and comes with all the cables to fit the original Arcade, Arcade 1up and USB for windows/Linus/Pi

Now to rig up temp to try it out 👍

191212E5-D9A0-47F6-99BF-41867636F83E.jpegFA89AA9A-9902-4DDD-ABDE-D5DF815A6966.jpeg

Weighing in at 2.6kg it’s an absolute beast and comes with all the cables to fit the original Arcade, Arcade 1up and USB for windows/Linus/Pi

View attachment 198161View attachment 198160
You get what you pay for with these.
Is it to replace an original or for a home brew?

You get what you pay for with these.
Is it to replace an original or for a home brew?
Home brew!

I’m told it works really well on drivers too so gonna test that theory now to save me fitting this lot in a custom cab.

E236FB20-9054-487B-952A-740018DEF148.jpeg

True Story
A mate had 2 SW sit down cabs he sent to get restored to a bloke who will remain anonymous for fear of raking up coals.
After a year he contacted him to see how they were getting in and he had sold and shipped em stateside for big bucks.
😳

View attachment 198161View attachment 198160
Glen does really good spinners for A1UP- think he’s had a ding dong with them as they stole his designs for the Tron stick they fitted to their cabs without any consultation

True Story
A mate had 2 SW sit down cabs he sent to get restored to a bloke who will remain anonymous for fear of raking up coals.
After a year he contacted him to see how they were getting in and he had sold and shipped em stateside for big bucks.
😳
Wow, that’s shocking! Surely the police must have been involved.
Guess it depends when it happened but now they have to be £5-6k each!

Home brew!

I’m told it works really well on drivers too so gonna test that theory now to save me fitting this lot in a custom cab.

View attachment 198162

True Story
😳

I mean that sounds bad but we’ve had folks do equally bad things in this community….

Back
Top Bottom