What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Took delivery of this today, my first real pin to play with, I’ve only owned v pins.
A loan from @PAX
What a great community this is, where people will let you borrow, their pride and joys, just the best bunch of people 😊
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it, so kind
Drinks are on me at pinfest 👍
And now you have proved you have room...where will the second one go?

Bloody van let me down with binding brakes, hardly use it anymore luckily I found out using it locally yesterday when I could smell the brakes etc Took wheels off but no joy🙁

Was advised I needed a van for this so good job it was a husband and wife effort as I didn’t want to get to Basingstoke and only fit half in!
Think you can see what pin it is, I was a pin2000 virgin😊

Thanks @pinballmania for the tip.
FB9F254C-E912-4FA7-AF63-41F499CC3E82.jpeg

Bloody van let me down with binding brakes, hardly use it anymore luckily I found out using it locally yesterday when I could smell the brakes etc Took wheels off but no joy🙁

Was advised I needed a van for this so good job it was a husband and wife effort as I didn’t want to get to Basingstoke and only fit half in!
Think you can see what pin it is, I was a pin2000 virgin😊

Thanks @pinballmania for the tip.
View attachment 193283

so much effort for so little game.

Now that I’ve basically finished tarting up my garage/workshop, I needed somewhere to store all my tools so upgraded my tool chest.

I had my old one for years and was shocked at the prices of the larger tools chests now 😮. Told the wife this was on “special offer” 🤔😉

86C48B01-5F5D-4909-BF26-DD7D3D8AEDCA.jpeg

Now that I’ve basically finished tarting up my garage/workshop, I needed somewhere to store all my tools so upgraded my tool chest.

I had my old one for years and was shocked at the prices of the larger tools chests now 😮. Told the wife this was on “special offer” 🤔😉

View attachment 194032
Yeah, I’ve been looking too. Crazy prices on the nice stuff, my bro in law has a garage full of nice tool boxes but he has many years left in him😂
That looks good😎 I need to upgrade my old smaller Clarke rolling cab as out grew it years ago.

Yeah, I’ve been looking too. Crazy prices on the nice stuff, my bro in law has a garage full of nice tool boxes but he has many years left in him😂
That looks good😎 I need to upgrade my old smaller Clarke rolling cab as out grew it years ago.
For the size of this one, it was quite reasonable when compared to the top brands like Snap-on.

I blame @Happypin as it was when I popped over to his and saw his pin room/workshop and how neat and tidy it was due to everything being stored in a huge tool chest, I decided I needed an upgrade 😂

For the size of this one, it was quite reasonable when compared to the top brands like Snap-on.

I blame @Happypin as it was when I popped over to his and saw his pin room/workshop and how neat and tidy it was due to everything being stored in a huge tool chest, I decided I needed an upgrade 😂
I saw that on Gonzo’s video, Snap-on niceness😎
If you think pinball is expensive people look at the top tool boxes🫣

Parts from ministry of pinball who prepay the uk vat at their end so it whizzes through uk customs. They deduct the 21pct netherlands vat from their Web prices and add on 20pct uk vat so you basically pay the price that is on their website. Shipping was really reasonable too. £20 for the package. 5 stars.

Attachments

• 20230221_115024.jpg
    20230221_115024.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 20

Had mine for about 25 years, best way to keep your tools tidy.
yours looks like it could slightly more than mine.

Parts from ministry of pinball who prepay the uk vat at their end so it whizzes through uk customs. They deduct the 21pct netherlands vat from their Web prices and add on 20pct uk vat so you basically pay the price that is on their website. Shipping was really reasonable too. £20 for the package. 5 stars.
My experience was the exact opposite recently.

As the value of my goods was over £135 they shouldn't have put VAT on the order. So I paid VAT on the parcel leaving MInistry of PInball and VAT to Parcelforce when it reached the UK.

I now have to fill in a Customs form to the HMRC to request a refund on the extra VAT paid.

Brexit is such a f'ing joke.

As the value of my goods was over £135 they shouldn't have put VAT on the order. So I paid VAT on the parcel leaving MInistry of PInball and VAT to Parcelforce when it reached the UK.

I now have to fill in a Customs form to the HMRC to request a refund on the extra VAT paid.

I had this conversation with them when all this started so they know about it, surprised they haven’t sorted it yet!
Very annoying, hope you get your money back quick. I wonder how much vat fraud is going on over this.

Blue passports though...

This isnt a brexit issue though - it’s a MOP being idiots issue.

This isnt a brexit issue though - it’s a MOP being idiots issue.
Got to disagree here Neil, these rules came about us leaving the customs union. The new rules are complicated and often add so much burden that suppliers in the EU refuse to sell to us period.

On paper it looks simple: Less than £135 Charge VAT when the item is sold. More than £135 don't charge VAT and let the courier company charge it plus a £12 admin fee to process it...

Now think about all the systems that need to change as a result of this new law. (e-commerce sites need to treat UK residents differently based on the above). Couriers need to take on the burden of raising VAT and associated admin fee's. Paperwork needs to updated and attached to the consignment from the exporter and courier.

This has all caused added delays to receiving parcels that used to take days to arrive and now I now have to fill in a paperwork and POST it to the HMRC with evidence of my claim to get my money back all because people voted for 'UK Soevereignty' whatever that means these days.

Its a direct result of Brexit so in my eyes Brexit is the reason why I have to deal with this mess.

MOP do the right thing already but for your package they ****ed up which conveniently for them means they picket an extra 20%!

in my view MOP should be refunding you NOT HMRC! They have broke EU law in what they have done!

Parts from pinballcenter where they correctly didn't charge local vat. Parcelforce billed me for the vat on arrival in uk and their £12 admin charge so this added a few days to the delivery schedule which was 11 days in total from ordering.

More parts for my mm plus wcs, shadow, diner, firepower and cftbl.

Attachments

• 20230228_113659.jpg
    20230228_113659.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 4
MOP do the right thing already but for your package they ****ed up which conveniently for them means they picket an extra 20%!

in my view MOP should be refunding you NOT HMRC! They have broke EU law in what they have done!
But wouldn't MOP be sending the 20% UK vat they charged to the uk taxman so they don't get to pocket that.

I agree that they shouldn't be charging on goods worth over £135 so they did f up.

Of course, there is only a law that compels overseas suppliers to pay the UK VAT at supply if the goods are under £135. Otherwise the VAT is dealt with at import. It wouldn't surprise me in MOP forward the VAT to HMRC anyway as they seem to just misunderstand the process. Best to keep any orders to MOP under £135 until they change their process.

there is no law.

UK law doesn't apply in Europe or anywhere else for that matter other than in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom