What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Side art for my TZ from Retro Refurbs. Think it's gonna be a little tricky as the gap between PF and cabinet seems really small for some reason

View attachment 82979
It’s the nature of the TZ beast and why I gave up trying.
There’s a nasty snag if I remember on the right side that caused me no end of grief and damaged the ones I attempted to put on.
However I now have pinstadiums which benefit some classic pins like TZ immensely

Re:TZ sideblades now just be careful of lifting the PF to work on it. Which I wasn’t but I am now considering a pair of these for my GOTG ones

0bdda10805f5f2d1286fa51f8e4e0ed5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popeye has had a new lease of life. Very impressed with Color DMD made a big difference to the machine.

bef0db1e9371326e431bddbbb644f675.jpg

@daveyp looks like you are missing the metal lane dividers that sit behind the Swee Pea ramp, preventing ball going to wrong opto. I have spare assembly if you interested. I'm away for a few days yet but could sort out when I'm back

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

It's fantastic on Popeye - really suits the cartoon style and so much detail on the dots. They did a great job on it.

I went for the LCD one but thought your were going to pull me for not having the ball diverter on the upper play field. I am on the lookout and the 3D Pluto head.

@daveyp looks like you are missing the metal lane dividers that sit behind the Swee Pea ramp, preventing ball going to wrong opto. I have spare assembly if you interested. I'm away for a few days yet but could sort out when I'm back

I may have been responsible for that, due to removal of the two metal posts on the ramp itself. Among the suggested alterations from Deith Leisure was (as I took it) to remove the posts. Maybe it was actually the rubber sleeves from the posts, though, because the dividing plates on the rear panel then suffered unintended impact and tended to break off

Yeah removing the sleeves would help with the centre shot, I’ve just been playing it and its tight as hell.

Yeah removing the sleeves would help with the centre shot, I’ve just been playing it and its tight as hell.
Try replacing the stock rubber with the thinner style alternative material sleeves - Pinball Mania sells them in a range of colours. Will give you a few more mill each side.

I wouldn't remove rubber entirely and certainly don't remove the posts! :-o

A delivery to my Hotel in Boston from MezelView attachment 83564
Hope you have better luck with your Mezel Mods than I do.
I received my Batcopter for my BM66 and it’s dead in the water. No LEDs working, was purchased via PU parts.
Emailed Mezel support last week with all supporting photos indicating correct installation procedures taken etc.....no response as of yet but hope to here back. Got some some other nice Bat mods arriving soon so will get some pics up when installed 👍
E3F30CCE-739A-484C-9168-FD36E3AE7803.jpeg

Last edited:
Hope you have better luck with your Mezel Mods than I do.
I received my Batcopter for my BM66 and it’s dead in the water. No LEDs working, was purchased via PU parts.
Emailed Mezel support last week with all supporting photos indicating correct installation procedures taken etc.....no response as of yet.
View attachment 83565
I don’t think they could have got plastic protectors wrong TBH although I also tried a set from Germany and they were horrendous whereas Mezel were far better in every respect.
Gl sorting your problems, some of us spend far too much on mods so they really ought to be perfect

Today I received a strange urge to go for a jog & then get TZ working again after many months of it being in pieces!

Today’s focus was getting the top left corner stripped, cleaned, metal Autosol'd and reassembled. Followed by some mini-playfield work. Both now back in the game and mini-playfield reconnected. Pinbits gumball kit needs to be done soon.

35FBD861-3474-450B-9AFD-00EC60130667.jpeg

26B16BB8-0C4C-451B-BCED-4D5FAD38E189.jpeg

1C865879-2145-4AD5-8EF8-C21E538D84CE.jpeg

Thanks again to @mark9 for the Gumball plastic you sent over about 18 months ago.

An also @nibsy for the ~50 Pachinko balls you sent over an actual year ago, now sitting inside the Gumball - i think they look ****ing ace.

I hope this motivation lasts!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom