What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

View attachment 146335

Either I'm still there... or I've been had! 🧐

Apologies! I think I found a quirk in the software that I wasn't aware of. I've been through this with a fairly fine toothed comb now to make sure that things are now correct. There are still players in the list with partially complete (unsubmitted) cards, and that's correct. You had a slightly different issue with this card however.

To save boring everyone with nerdy details - anyone is free to PM me for the breakdown on what went wrong and how things have been fixed. Going forward I'll be more careful to try and ensure this doesn't come up again

Sorry!

Apologies! I think I found a quirk in the software that I wasn't aware of. I've been through this with a fairly fine toothed comb now to make sure that things are now correct. There are still players in the list with partially complete (unsubmitted) cards, and that's correct. You had a slightly different issue with this card however.

To save boring everyone with nerdy details - anyone is free to PM me for the breakdown on what went wrong and how things have been fixed. Going forward I'll be more careful to try and ensure this doesn't come up again

Sorry!

No worries! Thanks for looking into it. I don't think it affected the outcome of my mediocre play, but great to get that decent woz score counted. One of the big surprises of the weekend for me that game, really enjoyed it.

@Gonzo Superb interview with @roadshow16 and glad you have caught the pinball tourney bug. YouTube pinball tutorials will now feature heavily in you life.

Craig is genuinely once of the nicest guys in pinball and of course a worthy winner. Inspiration to many and his enthusiasm clearly shows through in the interview.

Great insights of player style, nerves and how to approach each tournament. The last segment on 'stance' is one that many of us have thought about over time. I think I even started a thread on this a few years ago.

There is one crazy dude from yesteryear (American I think) who practically dances while playing and has crazy legs. I can't quite remember his name but hopefully someone will post here and you can have a proper giggle at his game play.

Appreciate the great work - keep it up!

Episode 10 folks

Big thanks to @roadshow16 and everyone involved in the competition including Wayne & Paul. Massive thanks to Tim for letting me pinch some of his footage to add to what I had.

Great episode, once again it shows Craig's enthusiasm and what a great ambassador he is for pinball in the UK.

Just to elaborate on a few things I noticed:

I've got the top 2 high scores on your DP :)

Craig's game on the voided first ticket was 2mil on IM - showing even the best can have a really poor game.
When Craig drained the last ball on HS2 in qualifying to speed things up, the ball save kicked the ball back out, then as a reflex he flipped and started multiball!
I counted 50 people stood watching the final, but don't know the numbers viewing online.
Going in to the last game, Craig and Paul were the only players who could win outright, but Will and Andreas could have forced a tie for first.
In Supercharger mode, the ramp does increment 5, 10 ,15 BUT if you've built the freeway up to max 5mil, they then score 10 mil each (5 + 5) per shot.
Had Andreas or Will completed their Video Mode successfully they would had scored more than Craig on HS2.
I didn't really want to take the arms of Hulk on somebody else's game just for the comp!

It shows just how much small margins can influence the outcome, not just in the final, but in Craig's route to the final. Craig was a worthy winner, but I don't want people thinking that he can't be beaten and don't compete against him. Both of his knockout games went to a tiebreaker.

Great episode, once again it shows Craig's enthusiasm and what a great ambassador he is for pinball in the UK.

Just to elaborate on a few things I noticed:

I've got the top 2 high scores on your DP :)

Craig's game on the voided first ticket was 2mil on IM - showing even the best can have a really poor game.
When Craig drained the last ball on HS2 in qualifying to speed things up, the ball save kicked the ball back out, then as a reflex he flipped and started multiball!
I counted 50 people stood watching the final, but don't know the numbers viewing online.
Going in to the last game, Craig and Paul were the only players who could win outright, but Will and Andreas could have forced a tie for first.
In Supercharger mode, the ramp does increment 5, 10 ,15 BUT if you've built the freeway up to max 5mil, they then score 10 mil each (5 + 5) per shot.
Had Andreas or Will completed their Video Mode successfully they would had scored more than Craig on HS2.
I didn't really want to take the arms of Hulk on somebody else's game just for the comp!

It shows just how much small margins can influence the outcome, not just in the final, but in Craig's route to the final. Craig was a worthy winner, but I don't want people thinking that he can't be beaten and don't compete against him. Both of his knockout games went to a tiebreaker.

Don't worry.

I'm going to beat him next year and get top score back on my Deadpool 😂

Another superb podcast, look forward to meeting Spencer again [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pins 👍

I ❤️ What you have done to your Deadpool 👍

Thank you.

I would not have got it if you hadn't recommended it mate. I posted a thread asking for suggestions on fun games.

You may remember that you unequivocally recommend Deadpool and I took your advice. 👍

Okay folks, the next round of Chinwags is coming up but I need people to chinwag to.

Can you please let me know if you wish to appear ( even if you've already messaged previously) and I'll alter the first post with a comprehensive list.

Everyone has a story to tell and I've had such good feedback that I'd like to get some more going.

Cheers

Neil & Wayne are booked in. 👍

Thanks folks. There's an updated list of participants on post 1 👍

I struggled to watch it due to cringe factor of me but Kris being a true professional babysat me through it all and tried to keep me on track.
A very difficult task the wife has kinda mastered by the use of “shut the fk up a minute” 😂
Alas pinball gets me a little over excited at times and my brain fires in all directions so maybe some tranquillisers next time.
Thx again Kris you a star for putting up with me.

Back
Top Bottom