What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Not heard of this guy before. Is he new?

Good stuff again Gonzonator, and Chris, really interesting

Look at it this way, you have 9 great machines but 1 of those you will prefer over the other 8 but those other 8 you still think are great. Hope I dug myself out of that one 🤣🤣

I’ve known ChrisB since those very early days and it was always a pleasure the few times we met up back then.
Yet another Great chinwag and a credit to Chris for the insight and sharing his vast knowledge to the community.
The guy Chris talks about was a mutual acquaintance I bought many pins off around that time and kinda put us in touch with each other shortly before he got out of pins altogether.
Ian was a top bloke too and an awesome restorer who just burned himself out I guess with all the pins he brought in from Germany.
I keep in touch through FB but he is no longer interested in pins and has now adapted quite the healthy lifestyle.
Again Well done Kris and Chris kudos to you both keep up the good work I’m sure there’s a part 2 there easily.

I was actually sitting on the next table to this interview and ask Neil McRae what is going on on that table with Chris. He told be about the podcast and said they were very good. He wasn't wrong. Excellent conversation and great insight form Chris. Will now have to go back and watch all the others.

Keep them up!

I've got quite a good one coming up at 6:30pm 😉

I'll do my own teaser . . . you may wish to watch this one rather than just listen.

Craig edit.jpg

Getting better and better every episode Kris. Just watched the last two, brilliant stuff. Hearing about the thought processes and strategy that goes into high level tournament play from Craig was fascinating. My preparation for Saturday evening qualifications included having three beers beforehand - although deciding not to have the fourth could certainly be considered strategic.

Bit of housekeeping - this neverdrains app - are the scores from the weekend still up? Where do we go for it?

Loved #10 Kris @Gonzo .
I thought at times thru out my life I was obsessed with pinball, until I listened to this!
Great insider view of Craig’s psyche very motivating and oozing enthusiasm. Very candid Craig. @roadshow16
Only ever come up against one player with more tactics and strategies up his sleeve than you and that’s Nick!🙂 @mufcmufc . Great interview. Good work Kris. Echo what others have said, this concept in the U.K. is welcomed and well overdue. Keef. 😎

Getting better and better every episode Kris. Just watched the last two, brilliant stuff. Hearing about the thought processes and strategy that goes into high level tournament play from Craig was fascinating. My preparation for Saturday evening qualifications included having three beers beforehand - although deciding not to have the fourth could certainly be considered strategic.

Bit of housekeeping - this neverdrains app - are the scores from the weekend still up? Where do we go for it?

Thanks Davey mate.

This is the only page you need 😉😂

Loved #10 Kris @Gonzo .
I thought at times thru out my life I was obsessed with pinball, until I listened to this!
Great insider view of Craig’s psyche very motivating and oozing enthusiasm. Very candid Craig. @roadshow16
Only ever come up against one player with more tactics and strategies up his sleeve than you and that’s Nick!🙂 @mufcmufc . Great interview. Good work Kris. Echo what others have said, this concept in the U.K. is welcomed and well overdue. Keef. 😎

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that coming from you. Either myself or Spencer will drop that trolly off soon 👍

Thanks for all the time you have spent on this @Gonzo. It's a fantastic documentation, the editing is superb, im sure I will look back on it very fondly in years to come. Much appreciated mate

No worries mate, it was a lot of fun.

I'll pop the raw file on an SD card and give it to you next time I see you for safe keeping.

Only just caught up with all of this with the lead up to Pinfest.
Fantastic work @Gonzo , great interview techniques and a very professional pod. This is just what the UK Pinball scene needs.
Just need to watch #10 so that's what I'm going to do right now.
Keep up the great work.
D.

Only just caught up with all of this with the lead up to Pinfest.
Fantastic work @Gonzo , great interview techniques and a very professional pod. This is just what the UK Pinball scene needs.
Just need to watch #10 so that's what I'm going to do right now.
Keep up the great work.
D.

Cheers mate, very kind of you to say so.

Fantastic episode again @Gonzo absolutely fascinating. Like you, this was my first tournament and I loved it. Didn't qualify but was only 5 places away, maybe next time. Loved listening to what Craig was saying, and having watched him on the Sunday, it was a real eye opener.
As you both said game knowledge is key I feel, however strangely enough my two best scores were on Hot Wheels and Led Zep, games I didn't really know. Had a chat with @ianw after posting the 4th best score on Hot Wheels (he was 1st), and his skill on it was awesome. This has really inspired me to get better, learn rules, and get ready to go again.
Keep up the podcasts, they are great. Top work mate

Fantastic episode again @Gonzo absolutely fascinating. Like you, this was my first tournament and I loved it. Didn't qualify but was only 5 places away, maybe next time. Loved listening to what Craig was saying, and having watched him on the Sunday, it was a real eye opener.
As you both said game knowledge is key I feel, however strangely enough my two best scores were on Hot Wheels and Led Zep, games I didn't really know. Had a chat with @ianw after posting the 4th best score on Hot Wheels (he was 1st), and his skill on it was awesome. This has really inspired me to get better, learn rules, and get ready to go again.
Keep up the podcasts, they are great. Top work mate

Cheers Andy, I'm the same mate. It's inspiring really.

I've found myself seeking out competition.

In fact I've spoken to a couple of people today about the possibility of getting 10 machines together and organising one. Demand seems to be outstripping supply so the more the merrier.

Got sure how to go about making an accredited event but I'm sure there are plenty who'll help.

I think I'm going mad 😂

I think it’s fair to say this podcast has exploded on here. What you thought might be a one off miss, has gone nuts and I for one love it. The game room visits and podcast chats will keep you busy and us entertained for years mate!
Keep up the great work

Exactly as you say mate, I really didn't appreciate that the UK scene needed a video magazine but it's the one thing that people keep saying.

I'll archive as much as time allows and people will let me.

Access is massive and Phil just left me to it at Pinfest so I'm looking forward to going through Thur, Fri & Sat footage to see what I've recorded.

I can't really say precisely how many people have invited me to video their collections but it's at least 10. I've got 10-20 people who are willing to come on the podcast too and there are a couple of other video concepts in the pipeline. Hopefully we can keep up regular content and keep people busy with stuff to watch.

I must say that I'm absolutely buzzing about doing it and thoroughly enjoying it. The feedback great so thank you.

Back
Top Bottom