What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Hey @Gonzo, an idea for an episode or series.

Do you ever watch a good player yet can't figure out what makes them better than you? Sure I can dead bounce and catch and sometimes watching them it looks as random as it does when I play...
But obviously there's something different.

Would it be possible to have some good players, like Craig, analyse gameplay and explain what makes a player good or bad?

Some slo mo moments to illustrate those nudges you barely notice?

Maybe analyse a comp game that was streamed including not just top players.
I suppose some people may not like their gameplay analysed 😄

It's something I'd find interesting! What about anyone else?

Hey @Gonzo, an idea for an episode or series.

Do you ever watch a good player yet can't figure out what makes them better than you? Sure I can dead bounce and catch and sometimes watching them it looks as random as it does when I play...
But obviously there's something different.

Would it be possible to have some good players, like Craig, analyse gameplay and explain what makes a player good or bad?

Some slo mo moments to illustrate those nudges you barely notice?

Maybe analyse a comp game that was streamed including not just top players.
I suppose some people may not like their gameplay analysed 😄

It's something I'd find interesting! What about anyone else?

Afternoon mate, I'm more than happy to do something like that, thanks for the suggestion. 👍

I think it's only fair given Kanedas video that give the view from this side of the pond.

Errrrr no Chinwag? I’m guessing not much has happened in the world of pinball this week…..
There was supposed to be a reveal, but people shot themselves in the foot. No biggie, it’ll still be shipped in exactly the same timeframe

There was supposed to be a reveal, but people shot themselves in the foot. No biggie, it’ll still be shipped in exactly the same timeframe

Sorry but this is more of the same narrative and it's just untrue.

The reveal was pulled because the licence holder instructed Stern that the release needed to be delayed. Stern were happy to go ahead as were Electrocoin.

The leaked pictures urinated on some fireworks and showed the machine early but they absolutely didn't contribute to the suspended reveal. Neither did Stern get it wrong regarding the Queen and the period of mourning etc because it wasn't their decision.

That being said all indicators are that preliminary sales/interest for the Premium are good and the LE is sold out. So considering Stern were under instruction to withdraw the release they've still had a sales surge. Not too bad really.

I've accepted my part in the proceedings but too much flak has come mine and Phil's way now and some pretty shoddy things were said yesterday which will be addressed in due course. Someone on this very forum was talking a load of crap about me yesterday which of course does get back because it's a small community. One person actually said that Kaneda had named ME as the person giving him the photos which is preposterous. Why the merry hell would I give someone else the exclusives for my own channel?

Anyway, it is a 'biggie' for me because yesterday I had messages on my phone accusing me of ruining UK pinball, £u{king up my own channel, being responsible for the Stern delays and leaking pictures to some bloke in the states I've never had contact with. Yesterday I had outright abuse and many on here have seen it.

That Kanada thing was a $h1t show and absolutely was bullying. Phil is one of the most loveable, lovely gentle men I've ever met. Crikey, half the pictures published weren't even Phil's so someone has shared 6-8 pics which haven't even originated from him. The longer that Kaneda stream went on and the more people joined the more Kaneda got into his rhythm. By the tine he got to 20 mins into the video he was ripping into Phil for the 4th time, calling UK buyers bitter because of the exchange rate and then went into some wired rant about our wives not having sex with us 😂. The more he criticised Phil and Stern the more people donated so he did it again.

To be honest yesterday was really horrible, I made a mistake but two people in particular saw it as an opportunity to put the boot in. I honestly felt like leaving the hobby, I get enough of this crap on my work YouTube channels which I've come to expect because it's sports social media.

But I'm not having that. Phil has been made a scapegoat when a lot of people were taking pictures of those machines yet somehow Phil has taken all the blame. The messages last night went too far and today Kaneda used his audience to publicly bully someone who has done so much for the hobby in the UK.

The reveal was pulled because the licence holder instructed Stern that the release needed to be delayed. Stern were happy to go ahead as were Electrocoin.

The leaked pictures urinated on some fireworks and showed the machine early but they absolutely didn't contribute to the suspended reveal. Neither did Stern get it wrong regarding the Queen and the period of mourning etc because it wasn't their decision.

That being said all indicators are that preliminary sales/interest for the Premium are good and the LE is sold out. So considering Stern were under instruction to withdraw the release they've still had a sales surge. Not too bad really.

I've accepted my part in the proceedings but too much flak has come mine and Phil's way now and some pretty shoddy things were said yesterday which will be addressed in due course. Someone on this very forum was talking a load of crap about me yesterday which of course does get back because it's a small community. One person actually said that Kaneda had named ME as the person giving him the photos which is preposterous. Why the merry hell would I give someone else the exclusives for my own channel?

Anyway, it is a 'biggie' for me because yesterday I had messages on my phone accusing me of ruining UK pinball, £u{king up my own channel, being responsible for the Stern delays and leaking pictures to some bloke in the states I've never had contact with. Yesterday I had outright abuse and many on here have seen it.

That Kanada thing was a $h1t show and absolutely was bullying. Phil is one of the most loveable, lovely gentle men I've ever met. Crikey, half the pictures published weren't even Phil's so someone has shared 6-8 pics which haven't even originated from him. The longer that Kaneda stream went on and the more people joined the more Kaneda got into his rhythm. By the tine he got to 20 mins into the video he was ripping into Phil for the 4th time, calling UK buyers bitter because of the exchange rate and then went into some wired rant about our wives not having sex with us 😂. The more he criticised Phil and Stern the more people donated so he did it again.

To be honest yesterday was really horrible, I made a mistake but two people in particular saw it as an opportunity to put the boot in. I honestly felt like leaving the hobby, I get enough of this crap on my work YouTube channels which I've come to expect because it's sports social media.

But I'm not having that. Phil has been made a scapegoat when a lot of people were taking pictures of those machines yet somehow Phil has taken all the blame. The messages last night went too far and today Kaneda used his audience to publicly bully someone who has done so much for the hobby in the UK.
This so sad to read and I want to offer a voice of support to you both. I think its so brave of you and Phil to publicly say sorry as too many would not have. Most of people I have met have been so nice in this hobby. Please don't be put off by the few that obviously have never made a mistake in their life.

By the tine he got to 20 mins into the video he was ripping into Phil for the 4th time, calling UK buyers bitter because of the exchange rate and then went into some wired rant about our wives not having sex with us 😂
Well he got at least one thing correct 😉

On a serious note fair play to you and Phil holding your hands up. By this time next week this will be all forgotten about. No need for abuse personal insults. Is it really that big of a deal. Sounds to me like Sterns sales certainly haven’t suffered.

Cheers Alan

This so sad to read and I want to offer a voice of support to you both. I think its so brave of you and Phil to publicly say sorry as too many would not have. Most of people I have met have been so nice in this hobby. Please don't be put off by the few that obviously have never made a mistake in their life.

Thanks for the kind words. I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself but the criticism last night and Kaneda's subsequent video have irked me out of my malaise if that makes sense?

This is a wonderful hobby and the UK scene is full of wonderful people. I'm very aware I'm dealing with a very small minority who absolutely don't reflect the pinball community in this country.

We do great at pinball in the UK and Kanedas views on us are just not accurate or reflective.

Furthermore that James Bond looks cracking...... has anyone seen that double ramp on the right? 🤣🤣

Without being there I suspect many people took pictures, all of them shared them with at least one person but only the most decent of those were willing to admit having done so. Scapegoats were born and you got to discover which people are worth bothering with and whom the ****ers are. Chin up, fight back and don't let the ****s ruin it for the rest of us.

Wow long reply, it ain’t untrue, the machine will be shipped in the same timeframe. In case you didn’t realise, I don’t give a stuff that there was no reveal. I’m not blaming you for anything because I don’t actually care, I buy machines and play them, don’t really look at pics or videos too much.

You can justify what you like with big long posts but it’s a fact that you passed pics to people, whether that delayed the reveal or not is immaterial, you shot yourself in the foot - as far as I understand, you were supposed to interview George Gomez and you didn’t. As far as I’m aware, none of my post is untrue.

Just stick to the pin, @Gonzo Don’t go down the Kaneda route.

This is all in me. Let’s move on and talk about pinball.

There are way more important things than the current drama.

My main worry at the minute is @chante-bise I’m concerned about the silence. He was meant to come to pinfest and steal Orbitor 1. Total silence. I’ve even dropped him a PM and had no reply.

Pinball people!

Just stick to the pin, @Gonzo Don’t go down the Kaneda route.

This is all in me. Let’s move on and talk about pinball.

There are way more important things than the current drama.

My main worry at the minute is @chante-bise I’m concerned about the silence. He was meant to come to pinfest and steal Orbitor 1. Total silence. I’ve even dropped him a PM and had no reply.

Pinball people!

Fair enough Phil, out of respect for you I'll leave it but we're missing out on a lovely Kaneda/David Brent montage. 😂

Please no more of it being all on you though, there's some partial responsibility but plenty of pictures didn't originate from you so there's at least one other person who attended who has got away with it whilst you shoulder the blame.

Hey Kris
As Rudy quite rightly puts it “hey it’s only pinball”
Put all this nonsense behind you as you rightly know too well there’s worse **** happens IRL and I can testify to that!
So onwards and upwards my friend and maybe title your next episode as The Chin-up Podcast 😂
If nothing else it’s a great opportunity to talk about the positive aspects of bond as the layout and toys look gadgetastic and super flowey.
Art is one man’s perspective and the retro look probably suits the era but either way we don’t play the art only the game itself.

Keep up the good work and keep the faith we all behind you m8

The longer that Kaneda stream went on and the more people joined the more Kaneda got into his rhythm. By the tine he got to 20 mins into the video he was ripping into Phil for the 4th time, calling UK buyers bitter because of the exchange rate and then went into some wired rant about our wives not having sex with us 😂. The more he criticised Phil and Stern the more people donated so he did it again.

To be honest yesterday was really horrible, I made a mistake but two people in particular saw it as an opportunity to put the boot in.
Kris mate, if that dude said sh1t about me I wouldn't give a toss because I don't value his opinion in any way. People's words only hold as much power over us as we let them have.

@Gonzo @Big Phil forget about it, practically every Stern I can remember since 2011 has leaked in one form or another ahead of its release.

Stern often **** it up themselves, Rush in a picture by mistake, Mando via an interview on a podcast, Godzilla was the worst kept secret in recent years, Ghostbusters leaked via a GB fan site, TWD leaked months before release I just can’t remember the circumstances of that one. There’s likely more.

There’s no blame for the leaks other than that which is squarely placed at Sterns feet, by now they should be able to do a big press release without it being amateur hour, don’t want leaks keep **** covered up, don’t leave it to chance.

9ECED292-1B10-4658-BC34-9A1576BA0103.gif

My main worry at the minute is @chante-bise I’m concerned about the silence. He was meant to come to pinfest and steal Orbitor 1. Total silence. I’ve even dropped him a PM and had no reply

This is the big news. I can't believe we haven't heard from him.

Just to say I'm really really sorry you've been getting personal abuse :confused:

Some people act like dicks online sometimes.

From my point of view, I've been larking around on the Bond thread because I didn't see any fault here AT ALL (and had no clue how much this was obviously escalating off the forum. I mean WTF verbally abusing people about this by WhatsApp/text message :oops:).

Stern should know that 'three people can only keep a secret if two of them are dead' (as Benjamin Franklin apparently said). If they didn't want leaks, there are 100s of ways of hiding a pin until the official reveal, and it's unclear - exactly - how they've suffered from a bunch of blurry/incomplete photos creating even more hype around this unreleased pin. Also, OF COURSE, every blinking person who sees the pin is going to take and share photos - humans gotta human.

I would be more shocked if everyone had kept shtum.

I like your YouTube content and it would be a shame if social media dick-ery drove you away :(

Last edited:
Hey Kris
As Rudy quite rightly puts it “hey it’s only pinball”
Put all this nonsense behind you as you rightly know too well there’s worse **** happens IRL and I can testify to that!
So onwards and upwards my friend and maybe title your next episode as The Chin-up Podcast 😂
If nothing else it’s a great opportunity to talk about the positive aspects of bond as the layout and toys look gadgetastic and super flowey.
Art is one man’s perspective and the retro look probably suits the era but either way we don’t play the art only the game itself.

Keep up the good work and keep the faith we all behind you m8

Cheers buddy (and thanks to everyone else for the nice messages), I'm cool now. Honestly I wasn't a couple of days ago because I felt I'd let Phil down but we'll crack on.

I will try and upload a video today where I'll cover the game (and maybe touch on a couple of other bits 😉🤐😂) but West Ham are playing tonight so I've got a bit to do for work. I'll try my best to upload today though.

Back
Top Bottom