What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Enjoyed that - sounds like @PUP needs to relocate to USA, he's gonna be living there almost 1/2 the year.
Thing with that is id miss my steak & kidney puddings with chips and rediculously thick gravy and me wigan like pie's too much! 🤣🤣 ooh yeah, and proper english tea over starbucks any day of the week for me. That said the burgers and milkshakes though, 😋😋👍

Yes Banzai made its first (and probably last for a while) appearance at pinfest last year. Its in the corner of the front room now so not easy to get to, also going to try to loan a slightly different set of games to pinfest and nerg this year 😊

Thing with that is id miss my steak & kidney puddings with chips and rediculously thick gravy and me wigan like pie's too much! 🤣🤣 ooh yeah, and proper english tea over starbucks any day of the week for me. That said the burgers and milkshakes though, 😋😋👍
Can't beat a good "babbys yed"

• Love
Reactions: PUP
Just listened to the newest one. Great fun. I'm pleased to find someone else who loves Bram Stoker's Dracula (the film) as much as I do. Mega underrated and as said in the pod Coppola was obsessive about using in camera effects, models and tricks etc. Amazing film!

Also, Keanu's accent is elite, please see exhibit A;.

Just listened to the newest one. Great fun. I'm pleased to find someone else who loves Bram Stoker's Dracula (the film) as much as I do. Mega underrated and as said in the pod Coppola was obsessive about using in camera effects, models and tricks etc. Amazing film!

Also, Keanu's accent is elite, please see exhibit A;.

Lol it still makes me laugh! BLOODEY WOLVES!

My Favourite is the introduction at the castle doors. 'Count Dracula?' Honestly pure cheese :D

@Gonzo @s000m loved this chinwag, always interesting to hear what others are doing in this hobby as specially bonkers restores.

One thing I did think was with your cabinet @s000m, you mentioned going for the casket artwork and approach, well how about lining or getting someone to airbrush the inside of the cabinet so it looks like a casket?

Don’t think that’s ever been done before, might as well go the full hog! :D

Attachments

• D499E3CE-EEA9-4DE3-A034-867C870EAE28.jpeg
    D499E3CE-EEA9-4DE3-A034-867C870EAE28.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 15
@Gonzo @s000m loved this chinwag, always interesting to hear what others are doing in this hobby as specially bonkers restores.

One thing I did think was with your cabinet @s000m, you mentioned going for the casket artwork and approach, well how about lining or getting someone to airbrush the inside of the cabinet so it looks like a casket?

Don’t think that’s ever been done before, might as well go the full hog! :D
lol stop making me broke ><

In all honesty though I'm happy enough with the black coat I gave the inside.

All will be revealed on the mini series ;)

Great episode @Gonzo and @s000m.
Looking forward to the mini series.

The way you put it Kris about doing these restorations as therapeutic is exactly right. For me, coming home from a busy day at work and spending a couple hours in the evening or weekend working on a project followed by a few games is the perfect way to chill out.

I haven't done big jobs like full strip downs of my pins yet but I do fiddle a lot.
It's definitely therapeutic (unless something is broken).
It's one of the few times I can focus on one thing for hours (except work obviously). I quite enjoy finding new things to fix or cleanup 😁

Great episode @Gonzo and @s000m.
Looking forward to the mini series.

The way you put it Kris about doing these restorations as therapeutic is exactly right. For me, coming home from a busy day at work and spending a couple hours in the evening or weekend working on a project followed by a few games is the perfect way to chill out.

Mate, I know it's different but I've been making a bedside cabinet out of reclaimed wood. It's brilliant to just focus on the singular task in front of you and gradually see your progress. . . .very relaxing.

I think it's probably a bit like meditation or a de-frag of the brain.

I know exactly what you mean. I’m always telling my wife that I need a “project” on the go in my life, weather it’s pinball, an arcade machine, diy or something in the garden.

It’s the whole planning, doing and sense of achievement when finished that I enjoy. Then, it’s quickly onto the next one.

Mate, I know it's different but I've been making a bedside cabinet out of reclaimed wood. It's brilliant to just focus on the singular task in front of you and gradually see your progress. . . .very relaxing.

I think it's probably a bit like meditation or a de-frag of the brain.
So.........you're doing a bit of woodwork - hmmm, - how long before you start churning out new pinball cabs, they'll be plenty of takers

Unfortunately I’ve seen Gonzos bedside cabinet!
View attachment 162413

Whilst they may have originated from my cabinet that is a picture of Andy's coffee table.

So for the last time mate . . . . . . Can I please have my dildos back? You can keep the golden one but you've had the 'double ender' for 6 months ffs

PS. You can keep the lamp.

Back
Top Bottom