What's new

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Really enjoyed this video. Matt did a great job explaining the various games, and you somehow managed to get round the whole club in an hour.

If you've never been to Flipout, it really is worth quite a trip to get there (Croydon) Although you can drive (there is parking), I go on public transport and It takes me an hour and 40 minutes to get there (2 tubes, a train, a tram and a walk), but I love going - on average twice a month. The thursday league evenings are also a very low-stress and fun introduction to pinball competitions. The pinballs are all kept in really good condition, and any issues are usually fixed very quickly (shout out to Robin for this)!

I'm biased, but agree with the positive views about TNA as it was my first pin, and I'll not be parting with it anytime soon!

Note to self - must spend some time learning ACDC - good to know about the bell muliplier...

Anyway, thanks so much for the video, and looking forward to the next one. 👍

Really enjoyed this video. Matt did a great job explaining the various games, and you somehow managed to get round the whole club in an hour.

If you've never been to Flipout, it really is worth quite a trip to get there (Croydon) Although you can drive (there is parking), I go on public transport and It takes me an hour and 40 minutes to get there (2 tubes, a train, a tram and a walk), but I love going - on average twice a month. The thursday league evenings are also a very low-stress and fun introduction to pinball competitions. The pinballs are all kept in really good condition, and any issues are usually fixed very quickly (shout out to Robin for this)!

I'm biased, but agree with the positive views about TNA as it was my first pin, and I'll not be parting with it anytime soon!

Note to self - must spend some time learning ACDC - good to know about the bell muliplier...

Anyway, thanks so much for the video, and looking forward to the next one. 👍
Thanks mate and fair play to you for making the journey.

Flipout is a fantastic venue and like you I'd encourage anyone who can to get down there.

Just out of interest, just wondering if anyone else has had any issues whilst parking at flip out ?
The last couple of times ive visited, I’ve had abuse from the workmen nearby, basically saying that there is no parking in that area for flip out attendees, one guy was particularly abusive, and I had to bite my tongue ! ( he did come and find me later in the day and apologise)

Tbh this has put me off visiting, so I’m wondering if there is anywhere else close to the venue to park, to avoid confrontation.

I travel down from Norfolk, so driving is the best option for me ( public transport would be a nightmare)

I’ve been a few times with no issues whatsoever, like I said last 2 times got grief ( both Saturdays ) !
Obviously didn’t like the look of me, or offended by my Norfolk accent 🤣🤣

Reactions: PAX
Park in the Next big car park up the road on a sat or if you can anywhere on the left down Mill Lane (the road that approaches the club)
Or come to mine & I’ll drive 👍

Kris and I have a looooong history of fast show references. We both use them a lot... actually we use them every time we speak on the phone!

Just out of interest, just wondering if anyone else has had any issues whilst parking at flip out ?
The last couple of times ive visited, I’ve had abuse from the workmen nearby, basically saying that there is no parking in that area for flip out attendees, one guy was particularly abusive, and I had to bite my tongue ! ( he did come and find me later in the day and apologise)

Tbh this has put me off visiting, so I’m wondering if there is anywhere else close to the venue to park, to avoid confrontation.

I travel down from Norfolk, so driving is the best option for me ( public transport would be a nightmare)

Sorry we only just noticed this Doggard, if you have a question for flip out - we have a thread you can post on.

Officially there is no parking for anyone including the other tenants and the space is first come first served but our official stance from a club point of view is that there is no parking. You can park in the area at your own risk. Nonetheless this applies to the other tenants of the industrial estate and I'll have a word with them and the landlord. Nobody should be giving you abuse and apologies for this - if it happens again can you let the host know or me know please.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry we only just noticed this Doggard, if you have a question for flip out - we have a thread you can post on.

Officially there is no parking for anyone including the other tenants and the space is first come first served but our official stance from a club point of view is that there is no parking. You can park in the area at your own risk. Nonetheless this applies to the other tenants of the industrial estate and I'll have a word with them and the landlord. Nobody should be giving you abuse and apologies for this - if it happens again can you let the host know or me know please.

Neil.
Thanks Neil
Sorry didn’t realise there was a separate thread for flip out.
At least i know the score now regards to parking. I did respond to the guy that there was allocated parking, out side the venue ( as I thought I read it on the website or Facebook page ), which he argued there wasn’t, so seems he was right.

Next Tuesdays chinwag is with Gerry from Multimorphic and I must say that it was incredibly enjoyable and enlightening. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it.

I’ve had the privilege of a preview of the raw podcast interview and I can confirm that it’s not to be missed!
it’s a really exciting machine and an equally exciting chinwag!

Im looking forward to that cos I just dont get the Multimorphic stuff at all

In all honesty Alan, I didn't either. Fortunately my lack of knowledge meant that Gerry described it in very simple terms and now I fully understand.

Back
Top Bottom