What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Love @Todd Tuckey what an absolute living legend. Hope he does come to the UK and we can all dress up like Alfred Hitchcock for him.

Shame you didn't have time to ask him more about the Pinball book. That was a fiasco but glad he came through it ok. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Someone took a really nice TNA to Pinfest.
A great game. I was really impressed with the gameplay and thumping sound. It was extremely addictive.
I’m surprised Spooky haven’t done a MKII.

A great game. I was really impressed with the gameplay and thumping sound. It was extremely addictive.
That was mine. Scott has joked about a v2 but I get the impression there is zero chance of it given the other IP spooky has and the fact that price wise it won’t be cheap to build this game now Compared to the board set they use in halloween.

A great game. I was really impressed awith the gameplay and thumping sound. It was extremely addictive.
That was mine. Scott has joked about a v2 but I get the impression there is zero chance of it given the other IP spooky has and the fact that price wise it won’t be cheap to build this game now Compared to the board set they use in halloween.
Ah, well appreciate you bringing it 👍.
It really stood out.
Sound wise, db levels way above the other pins around that area.
I think for an original pin, the Spooky guys nailed that one.

My guess is that Heck boardset (and Halloween) runs MPF, same OS as what was running on the PROC TNA. Since Spooky contracted Heck to build it, it would make sense that they kept it running the same technology. Doing so would certainly simplify things from a dev retraining pov. If that's the case, the code should be almost wholly portable.

All speculation of course ;-)

@Gonzo just caught up with the latest episode.

I was with you on LZ. I love the game but I played dreadfully at Neil's. In fact, I would have got a better score if I just plunged the ball and walked away. We were up against some excellent players and Yuen and Simon kicked our butts.

@Gonzo just caught up with the latest episode.

I was with you on LZ. I love the game but I played dreadfully at Neil's. In fact, I would have got a better score if I just plunged the ball and walked away. We were up against some excellent players and Yuen and Simon kicked our butts.

I blame the Max Verstappen mate (and the Red Bull team & race director). If I hadn't been distracted and had a bit more game knowledge, skill and quicker reflexes I'm confident I'd have won.

I'll be in touch regarding popping over but possibly 29th/30th . . . you can help me figure out how to play AIQ

I blame the Max Verstappen mate (and the Red Bull team & race director). If I hadn't been distracted and had a bit more game knowledge, skill and quicker reflexes I'm confident I'd have won.

I'll be in touch regarding popping over but possibly 29th/30th . . . you can help me figure out how to play AIQ
Don't get me started on that fiasco (the F1, not my poor playing abilities).

Yes please. I think it will be a journey of discovery for us both.

My guess is that Heck boardset (and Halloween) runs MPF, same OS as what was running on the PROC TNA. Since Spooky contracted Heck to build it, it would make sense that they kept it running the same technology. Doing so would certainly simplify things from a dev retraining pov. If that's the case, the code should be almost wholly portable.

All speculation of course ;-)

I don’t think so as I heard that the coder was writing code in C++ I would be amazed if MPF had done all the work in middleware and drivers on heck also. But in any case TNA is on skeleton frame work not MPF - not sure how hard it would be to move it MPF.

neil.

And have to admit to only giving these middlewares a cursory glance over.

I don’t think so as I heard that the coder was writing code in C++ I would be amazed if MPF had done all the work in middleware and drivers on heck also.

Actually you're probably right especially if they're running arduino or pi controllers on that heck board.

Caught up, glad you played A Road Show! 👏🏻😁

Last time I was at flip out the RS was restarting (low 5v I guess?) and looked like it needed some love.

Back
Top Bottom