What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

The grips just vibrate don't they, or have you modified it to give you a little "tickle"?

Pretty sure some will already know. But.......................
This year's NLP show we are proud to announce with much thanks to Phil at Pinball Heaven, we have ..........
Game of Thrones.
Kiss
Whoa Nellie
Medieval Madness Remake.
Plus others.
We gotta GoT and Kiss, Rock on Dudes.
So Looks like Kate Morris will be at the show after all. In voice at least.

Whist I'm not a fan of modern Stern games (I think it's common knowledge that my preference is for solid-states from the 70s/80s) I'm VERY impressed that NLP has bagged the first (?) UK public display of GAME OF THRONES!

Hats off and big thanks to @philpalmer for supporting pinball like this.

I am super super super excited to be able to have a go on WHOA NELLIE! Such an interesting and unusual machine. And MMR too!

HAPPY DAYS :):p:D

GOT gonna make it? Amazing...wait....exactly how many geeks/nerds will be at the expo? Better start queuing now! :confused:

For what its's worth, just booked my weekend family ticket. Can't wait as it was excellent last year. Hopefully the queues will be better this year. Didn't see a 'Safe Cracker' on the list which is a shame as I'm desperate to play it. Not many modern Sterns either which is also a shame as I would love to play Kiss, but with 108 great games pledged so far, we certainly won't be bored!!!

First GoT on public display in Europe surely? Nice works chaps and thanks Phil!

Sorry Steve, but that title will go to the Belgium pinball group that are holding the European Pinball Championship this weekend. Not only a GOT European debut but Gary Stern and Lyman Sheats at their pinball dinner on the Friday night, signing pinball bits on Saturday.

So I have got my Sunday ticket with the 10am start. But, how does that work when there is only one queue that is about half a mile long?!:hmm:

WOW! yep, sorry. missed the previous posts. Kiss AND GoT. Well done guys and it's like Christmas has come early

i'm getting excited about this show now -

gif calvin and hobbes.gif Bouncin.gif gif borat dancing.gif Bouncin.gif gif calvin and hobbes.gif

got my pass from the wife,
got my transport and accommodation,
got my fastbreak entry and late night pizza entry booked,
got my planned handovers of stuff i've sold and stuff i've bought,
got my printed aerial view of the best route from the venue into John Lewis,
no doubt i will act the goat and drink to excess, and play pinball badly,
no doubt i will have fun playing Martin's Pingolf competition,
no doubt i will enjoy some driving games and galaga,
no doubt i will perv over some teens in costumes,
no doubt i will snigger at the dweeb cardpeople,
no doubt i will buy some cool retro Tshirt,

i'm leaving Hanwell at about 4pm on Friday and returning there about 10pm on Sunday, and have space to give someone a lift?
gif calvin and hobbes.gif gif chucklebrothers.gif gif chick whooaaaa.gif gif bunglebrot.gif gif calvin and hobbes.gif

Attachments

• gif baywatch gifs (4).gif
    gif baywatch gifs (4).gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Ha Ha. Mostly me too but will have to be careful on the perving as wife and kids will be there for some of the time.
Cooldan - just noticed you are not to far away from me. I only have one machine at the mo (TAF) which is in my bar I named after it. Have a look at www.thebearkick.com
You are clearly a boobs man!

Ha Ha. Mostly me too but will have to be careful on the perving as wife and kids will be there for some of the time.
Cooldan - just noticed you are not to far away from me. I only have one machine at the mo (TAF) which is in my bar I named after it. Have a look at www.thebearkick.com
You are clearly a boobs man!

Looks good, your branding reminds me of Crazy Bear

Didn't see a 'Safe Cracker' on the list which is a shame as I'm desperate to play it. Not many modern Sterns either which is also a shame as I would love to play Kiss, but with 108 great games pledged so far, we certainly won't be bored!!!

Hmmm... @replicas ?

i'm getting excited about this show now -

View attachment 20941 View attachment 20936 View attachment 20939 View attachment 20936 View attachment 20941

got my pass from the wife,
got my transport and accommodation,
got my fastbreak entry and late night pizza entry booked,
got my planned handovers of stuff i've sold and stuff i've bought,
got my printed aerial view of the best route from the venue into John Lewis,
no doubt i will act the goat and drink to excess, and play pinball badly,
no doubt i will have fun playing Martin's Pingolf competition,
no doubt i will enjoy some driving games and galaga,
no doubt i will perv over some teens in costumes,
no doubt i will snigger at the dweeb cardpeople,
no doubt i will buy some cool retro Tshirt,

i'm leaving Hanwell at about 4pm on Friday and returning there about 10pm on Sunday, and have space to give someone a lift?
View attachment 20941 View attachment 20943 View attachment 20942 View attachment 20940 View attachment 20941

Not forgetting the pinball speedrun, aka shakeycam! :thumbs:

@myPinballs is coming. He might be bringing his SAFECRACKER although I have a sneaky feeling he's sold it...???

The safe cracker was sold awhile back, helping solve the jpop payment issues of last year!

This year i'm bringing my restored Elektra, as shown on the shop logs awhile back with my new S&T sound board in, and on my hacking lab stand i will have :
  • High Voltage - featuring fully custom rules, sound and game play running on my custom pinball controller board set for Bally/Stern games of the 70s/80s
  • Indiana Jones (Stern) - port over and re-write of the full game code. Based on my first Indiana Jones rewrite project using p-roc hardware and lcd screen
  • Revenge From Mars - Featuring drop in PinBox setup with large 23" LCD screen and my popular RGB saucer mod with integrated mode syncing lamps and custom printed metallic saucer plastics.
I'll be giving it 100% again on the customisation front :D

Yes Dan that is me on the right (and Wife and business partner). Yes also me in Wales but if I remember rightly, you didn't make it to the nightclub. just as well, it was shocking.

Back
Top Bottom