What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

Anybody pledging machines we will try our best to get you in as quick as possible.
We as yet don't know what system is being used , wristband, lanyards etc. But whatever it is we will do our best to help the pinball communities get into the venue the best and quickest way possible.

yeah, either that or Dazza will send you to some random bint and tell you to tell her the password is 'stupid bitch' so she gives you a wristband. actually that was pretty funny at the time

Hi @replicas. Just wanted to confirm that it's 100% all systems go for me and my two pins, GOLD BALL and VECTOR, to come to NLP this year!

And as an extra bonus I'll be bringing @astyy too and his two pins: GOLD BALL and HOOK!

So this year you will all have the rare delight of seeing a pair of big shiny GOLD BALLS upon which to pleasure yourselves ;)

We're booked in at the Warrington Holiday Inn as it was the only place with availability that didn't require selling a kidney.

There's also a slim chance we may bring a fifth pin but won't know until next week if it's show worthy...

PS. How do pin lenders get paid for the machines they bring?

All systems are go.
Will be good to see the pair of Goldballs at the show. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh so to speak. They have been quite famous on the forum over the long restoration process.

line up looks fantastic. 2 questions.

1. is there a charity raffle?
2. is there an after hours lock in. this was awesome last year

yeah, either that or Dazza will send you to some random bint and tell you to tell her the password is 'stupid bitch' so she gives you a wristband. actually that was pretty funny at the time

Yeah she totally laughed when I told her that. Thanks guys.

There is a charity tombola, if you can bring anything to donate that would be great.
As always all proceeds go to The Teenage Cancer Trust.
And yes the late night lock in is on again this year with even more pinball and pizza.
It did look like we were not going to be allowed to have it this year but with some skilful negotiation by the NLP we pulled it off. We know what a success it was last year and with all the positive feed back we got we just had to make it happen again.
Big thanks to Dan, @Wizards_Hat for taking over the running of the late night pinball and pizza session.

Will definitely do the lock in again, can't go wrong with an empty venue and 100+ pins between a small group :)

What sort of things for the tombola?
What time roughly is the lock-in?
Tombola prizes, anything, doesn't have to be arcade related.
The only thing is no Alcohol or weapons and the like. As we have a good of kids having a go we can't be seen giving them a bit too of gin and a samurai sword.
Lock in should be same as last year but will check and get back to you all.

Sorry, @replicas, got another question for you!

I've seen in photos and videos of previous NLP shows the "Crew" attending to machines. What's the protocol regarding keys, etc? For example, my GOLD BALL currently has original ROMs so needs manually topping up with credits (although I can set the replay score super-low so almost any game wins a credit). Do we leave a set with the machine or with the NLP Crew? I will keep a set of keys on me too.

And what's the protocol regarding repairing a machine? If one of my machines develops a fault is it ok to open it up and attempt a repair? I'm just thinking regulations regarding health and safety, and the general public, etc.

Last edited:
Keys will go on a key board that's numbered ,defo keep a set with you,I'll be around to sort repairs so dnt overly worry and. F there's an issue that's serious then your game is switched off and I or we the crew would consult with you to see how we fix it after all you know your games better that anyone.we don't like games being opend up willy nilly without a crew member attending as pinball glass n public dnt mix! Introduce ya self to the crew dude and all will be good.

Keys will go on a key board that's numbered ,defo keep a set with you,I'll be around to sort repairs so dnt overly worry and. F there's an issue that's serious then your game is switched off and I or we the crew would consult with you to see how we fix it after all you know your games better that anyone.we don't like games being opend up willy nilly without a crew member attending as pinball glass n public dnt mix! Introduce ya self to the crew dude and all will be good.
Hope Dave's answered your question on that on.

Set replay to 10000 on old Bally's. Folks have a habit of trying the on and off repeat method when game won't start which not good for the machine.

I'll try installing the custom ROMs in my GOLD BALL which has the minimum 1-credit freeplay hack. I'd resisted putting them in as I wanted to learn the original rules before switching to the custom updates.

Looks like I may after all make it again to the greatest show on earth :-D

Long shot but anyone got a spare bed booked they are looking to fill?? Preferably in the Trafford Centre Premier Inn ( I think that's the one most folk were in last couple years)
Let me know
Chiz, GrizZ

Sent from my Apache Gunship using Tapatalk

Quick question.. :) I understand there's around 100 tables to play on which is great but how many people will be there? Don't fancy queuing up for 30 mins per table as is at Alton Towers for the rides. Is there any youtube footage of previous meets to get an idea? John

these should give you an idea - empty at setup, easy access early doors, even at peak busy time (probably about Saturday 3pm) there's no queues for machines, maybe you will have to wait for a few minutes but there's generally always something else available if you don't have 5 mins. i find it's fun to play in twos, either with someone you know or by asking a stranger if he fancies a game - especially on newer games it doubles your 'table time' to inspect and enjoy.

seriously though, that entrance queue is the only thing you have to worry about, i hope they fixed that. don't forget also that the pinball is less than 20% of the floorspace at this huge event - think NEC, think Excel centre, this place is massive and chock full of gamers, cardpeople, cosplayers, merchandise sellers, retro PC freaks, weirdos, dweebs, nerds, geeks, and gonks. plus us pinheads of course. it's seriously epic, the biggest show by some distance.

the pinball news website probably has a better quality walkthrough that takes in the pinball but also some of the other stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom