What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

NBA Fastbreak Competition - Saturday 10th October:

GREAT NEWS!!! (...well for some anyway!)
There appear to be a few regular players who are unable to make the event this year & so there are still some places available :clap:
(there are a few regular competitors for this competition I've not heard from so far either...so their places/reserved teams may well be up for grabs very soon also)

If you'd like to take part go to http://www.ukpinball.com/NBAshow.html

For anyone not sure; the format (it's a bit like the football World Cup, except the bribery hasn't been made public yet):
- Play in one of 6 qualifying "Leagues" consisting of 5 "teams" ...so you play 4 games (1 against each other member of that league)
- The top team in each league AND the 2 "best" runner-up places (based on wins & goal difference) go through to a quarter-final knock-out stage
- Remains knock-out to the final
- As well as the final, there is a 3rd place play-off game
- Each game (except the final) is 3 mins...being an American-based game there are no draws...any drawn game at the end of 3 mins goes to sudden death
- Top 3 places all receive a trophy
....oh, and the crowd, referees, & even your opponent are allowed to shout or chant or sing throughout (there's a reason 'Geoff the Ref' wears ear-protectors :))

Entries are £10 via paypal at http://www.ukpinball.com/NBAshow.html

Get booked now...only 11 days to go!!!!

i_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8506516736_hF89CB857__.gifi_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8474899712_h4DCAC142__.gifi_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8449725184_h12C8C185__.gifi_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8152400128_hF7B578A1__.gif
Regards,
Dan.

Last edited:
You're not wrong there.

so we have....
GOT,MMR,whoah nellie,kiss,scoregasm,FT,The mad bad TAF challenge,linked NBA 's,hard to fing GOTTLIEB games like spirit and rock and big house and robo war and raven as well as cactus canyon continued.All thanks to awesome people pledging them.
You guys rock

oh yeah and as it stands you will have probably a better than 1 in 150 chance to win a smaug hobbit in our raffle

Doh! Put the wrong bloody date on my previous post on this!
Just to be really clear...the NBA comp is on the Saturday 10th October!

(original post also edited for clarity!)
Regards,
Dan.
NBA Fastbreak Competition - Saturday 10th October:

GREAT NEWS!!! (...well for some anyway!)
There appear to be a few regular players who are unable to make the event this year & so there are still some places available :clap:
(there are a few regular competitors for this competition I've not heard from so far either...so their places/reserved teams may well be up for grabs very soon also)

If you'd like to take part go to http://www.ukpinball.com/NBAshow.html

For anyone not sure; the format (it's a bit like the football World Cup, except the bribery hasn't been made public yet):
- Play in one of 6 qualifying "Leagues" consisting of 5 "teams" ...so you play 4 games (1 against each other member of that league)
- The top team in each league AND the 2 "best" runner-up places (based on wins & goal difference) go through to a quarter-final knock-out stage
- Remains knock-out to the final
- As well as the final, there is a 3rd place play-off game
- Each game (except the final) is 3 mins...being an American-based game there are no draws...any drawn game at the end of 3 mins goes to sudden death
- Top 3 places all receive a trophy
....oh, and the crowd, referees, & even your opponent are allowed to shout or chant or sing throughout (there's a reason 'Geoff the Ref' wears ear-protectors :))

Entries are £10 via paypal at http://www.ukpinball.com/NBAshow.html

Get booked now...only 11 days to go!!!!

i_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8506516736_hF89CB857__.gifi_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8474899712_h4DCAC142__.gifi_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8449725184_h12C8C185__.gifi_chzbgr_com_fill348x300_8152400128_hF7B578A1__.gif
Regards,
Dan.

Got the correct date on my original post about the lock-in though!
...still places available if anyone wants in :)

Regards,
Dan.

On Saturday 10th October between 7:30pm-10:30pm we will be having the "NLP Lights Out Lock-In"!

There will be exclusive access for 100 guests to all the pinball machines*
You will be provided with (non-alcoholic**) drinks & pizza***

In recognition of their support for the NLP, show "supporters" (pin-loaners, committee members, volunteers running various events throughout the weekend, etc) will be given first refusal for places and a reduced price of £5. (I would expect most people understand if this applies to them, but I won't be offended if you're not sure & want to ask!)

The remaining places will be sold on a first come, first serve, basis at £10.

To book a place at the lock-in please email me at nba@ukpinball.com - I will only accept cash payment on the day to save on Paypal fees (& hassle!). I will be on the NBA desk all-day Saturday.

If you have any queries about this event please just ask.

Notes:
*We are strictly limited to the pinball area for the duration of the lock-in...as has been alluded to, this event has only been made possible through skill-full negotiation on the part of NLP as a "pinball" community event. Anyone ignoring this rule will be asked to leave the premises.

**You are welcome to bring your own drinks/refreshments, of any sort, into the venue, but due to licencing laws we are unable to supply alcohol.

***If you have any specific dietary requirements, or suggestions for other refreshments that you would like to have, please ermail me with those requirements/suggestions - however, there are no on-site facilities at that time & I'm fully aware that you can't please all the people all the time :)

Regards,
Dan.

Longshot guys, but if anyone is passing close to Warminster and could pick a head up for me and bring it to play I would be eternally grateful.

CHeers Kev

Longshot guys, but if anyone is passing close to Warminster and could pick a head up for me and bring it to play I would be eternally grateful.

CHeers Kev
Sorry, Kev. I checked but Warminster isn't on the way between Basingstoke and Manchester :( otherwise I'd have happily thrown it in the van.

Just had an hour with Nellie.
No ramps
No multiball
No dmd animations
No toys
Little flippers
Absolutely loved it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Come and play at this years NLP

Last edited:
It looks beautiful and not just coz adorned by females. The surrounds are wood with holes and dings in as if made from an old packing case. It has lovely sounds mixed with some country tunes. Plays very fast and tilts very easily. Not many side drains as they are really small openings. We didn't set up the crate but I think that will add to it too. Only thing not brill is the world smallest led screen. I'm sure it could of been slightly bigger without robbing the em feel.
I loved it. Who wants to buy a potc from me?

Err... :confused: not wanting to sound like a total doofus but where is the LED screen on WN!BJM?

I too am extremely excited to be getting my grubby little mitts on Nellie's melons :p This is the most exciting table to come out of Stern since... err... (struggling to find decent game this millenium, oh I give in) ... FLIGHT 2000!!!

Oops, I forgot about TRON. That's a great game. And I'm beginning to feel the love for LOTR ;)

Err... :confused: not wanting to sound like a total doofus but where is the LED screen on WN!BJM?

It's in the Apron, botton of the left hand instruction card. You can just about see the top edge of it in one of Moose's pics :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom