What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL LICENSED 'moans about pricing' thread

That is pretty awesome though!!!
(though i would have thought it would actually DO a little more!!)

i’m moaning about the fact that no one is moaning.

price of ts4 should have all of us moaning.

stern will be thinking 10k entry level …….
It does depend on how many JJP sell…

If TS4 was like THE BEST PIN EVAR - Toy Story assets from all the films, Emperor Zurg pinball-firing bash toy, blah blah… and was selling like hot cakes at $15k, I’d be worried.

Thing is, rumour has it that the CEs only sold out to distributors and there were only 99 sold on the first day to buyers. The pinball ‘flipper’ who put on a CE at $24,700 on Pinside has AFAIK dropped the price. So, if TS4 flunks, maybe JJP will realise they’ve crossed a price ceiling and things will turn a corner industry-wide.

Yeah, I think it's reached a limit too.

Due to all of the economic reasons already discussed in this this thread I don't believe there's a market for 6000 mega expensive games.

Godzilla Pro is really stripped down in terms of mechs & toys but the game design & shots are amazing and it has creator who's currently held in high esteem.

I'm not entirely sure they'll get away with another stripped down pro if the game is average and it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the JJP's at that price level.

The Cactus was incredible value. Packed with as much stuff as a Stern Premium for the price of a pro it shows that these things can be made cheaper.

The Cactus was incredible value. Packed with as much stuff as a Stern Premium for the price of a pro it shows that these things can be made cheaper.
But there was no development and design costs to consider, which would be considerable - the game was already designed, rules already in place, etc. etc. - it was 'just' a matter of building them.

Cactus and all CGC games are great bang for buck NIB but problem is l have my buck sat here and no bang!
And they should be all they have to do is manufacture the parts. There is no licencing, r&d, designers, testers for new things flow. 😏🤭🙂. Most of it was paid for a long time ago,, by the maker Williams 😏💰😀

But there was no development and design costs to consider, which would be considerable - the game was already designed, rules already in place, etc. etc. - it was 'just' a matter of building them.
That's so funny I was typing the exact same thing.

Toy story licence alone would be an absolute fortune, I suspect this is why the machine is so high. Disney charge for absolutely everything, I forget the emulators who tried to licence Indiana Jones for a virtual pin and gave up due to the costs.

I think people forget that content creators have now realised what there assets can be worth, unfortunately the days of getting cheap licenced content is gone. Gaming is a good example old computer games at one point where worthless now not!

Yeah, I think it's reached a limit too.

Due to all of the economic reasons already discussed in this this thread I don't believe there's a market for 6000 mega expensive games.

Godzilla Pro is really stripped down in terms of mechs & toys but the game design & shots are amazing and it has creator who's currently held in high esteem.

I'm not entirely sure they'll get away with another stripped down pro if the game is average and it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the JJP's at that price level.

Regarding stripped down games it depends, stern since the mid 2000, avatar, have always tried to sell a product with less on for more. It was only JJ going to the market with a fully loaded pin with the Wizard of Oz that woke them up. If Jj start doing pin light games, which toy story does seem light on toys compared to their other games, then stern will naturally follow.

Which is unfortunate.

Just an observation…

I was looking at PH website earlier, and the cost of a Stern LE £12,495 yep sure is a lot of money. But it is what it is, pointless complaining about it, if you can’t afford/justify it then simply don’t buy it. But please don’t complain!

I’d love a Pagani, I can’t afford one, I moved on. I don’t complain that it has 4 wheels like a xxxx brand and they’re only £xxxx

Chris.

Just an observation…

I was looking at PH website earlier, and the cost of a Stern LE £12,495 yep sure is a lot of money. But it is what it is, pointless complaining about it, if you can’t afford/justify it then simply don’t buy it. But please don’t complain!

I’d love a Pagani, I can’t afford one, I moved on. I don’t complain that it has 4 wheels like a xxxx brand and they’re only £xxxx

Chris.

To be fair Chris that's not a particularly accurate comparison.

This is a pinball forum where people come together and discuss the hobby, of course the subject of pricing is going to arise and be discussed.

I'm quite sure that somewhere there's a supercar forum where the various merits of Pagani, Ferrari & Mclaren are compared and price is discussed.

I'm not entirely sure why that particular avenue of conversation should be closed down or hushed.

Fair point mate

They have to pay a licensing cost for the game design, colour (and upscale?) all the animations, rewrite some of the rules, and I believe the electronics are different?

Some whilst they would be less than a non-remake, I don't think it's fair to say "no development and design costs".

Just an observation…

Chris.
I think you make a good point in relation to if someone entered a hobby or community of pinball or Ferrari collectors and we’re to say it’s too expensive for me and it’s not fair.

But I also think the point is valid about the price of this latest pin being so high and lacking value for money.

If consumers weren’t given the right to discuss or object to the prices of goods then there would literally be no ceiling on the price of anything.

The proof will be if their products sell, which will be seen in time.
The initial reaction will always be discussion, which I think is healthy.

If consumers weren’t given the right to discuss or object to the prices of goods then there would literally be no ceiling on the price of anything.
I don't think that's true in the slightest.

Regardless of any discussion about the price products sell on what individuals think they are worth and suppliers will sell as high as they think they can get away with to maximise their profit - It's simply supply and demand. Discussion may speed up finding that balance point, but it will happen without it.

don't think it's fair to say "no development and design costs".
Which is why I never said that.

The proof will be if their products sell, which will be seen in time.
The initial reaction will always be discussion, which I think is healthy.

I don't think that's true in the slightest.

Regardless of any discussion about the price products sell on what individuals think they are worth and suppliers will sell as high as they think they can get away with to maximise their profit - It's simply supply and demand. Discussion may speed up finding that balance point, but it will happen without it.
I believe we said the same thing, give or take .

And if they made a Top Gun Maverick pin, I'm sure all the CEs would be gone too.
Can you imagine....

If it was for sale at 15.5, was awesome with great code and mechs, Danger Zone etc,,.... it would still be too expensive.
But they can have my cash with a cherry on top.

Back
Top Bottom