What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL LICENSED 'moans about pricing' thread

VeeMonroe

Registered
Not everyone is interested in the price of pinball machines. As such it's been suggested that we keep all the discussion of pricing in a single thread.

This thread is for the following purposes:
  • Moans about pricing of items for sale on the forum;
  • Discussion of pricing of NIB pins;
  • General discussion about 'pinflation' and 'pin price crashes';
  • Discussion of how it was easier to amass a huge collection of pins back in the day;
  • Speculation on eBay pricing;
  • Arguments about pricing discussions.
If you want to discuss pricing, the idea is that you do it on this thread, rather than clogging the forum with pricing discussion, and also messing up sales posts.

Please avoid verbal abuse and personal attacks.

Thank you.

Don't we already have one?

Replace "standards" with "threads about pinball prices" :D
standards.png

Don't we already have one?

Oops. Sorry.

Admins, do you want to lock this one and send everyone to the existing pricing thread?

Never really understood the moaning about the price of anything that is a choice purchase (ie not gas, electricity etc). If it's too expensive then don't buy it. If you are still buying it you are fuelling price rises.

Not sure the same people will be moaning about their house rising in price.

We need lots of threads about pricing, not less.

and by the way i think pinball machines are far too cheap in general apart from nib which i feel are overpriced due to their lack of unique features, poor warranty and components that just won’t have the longevity of their older ancestors.

@Paul @Calimori @mufcmufc
Can we please for the love of all things pinball and holy have a spring clean / locking/ bonfire of the multiple price threads 🤦‍♀️😁

Love and Peace
Sgt GrizZ , ex Admin but still sticking my oar in ✊
Given the rate people open and respond to these threads, that is a full time job. At the moment I am having to work longer hours to bring home enough money to pay for the increases in food, energy and pinball. People have to stop creating and responding to these threads or ignore them.

and by the way i think pinball machines are far too cheap in general apart from nib which i feel are overpriced due to their lack of unique features, poor warranty and components that just won’t have the longevity of their older ancestors.
I must say, as a n00b, I think that the newer pins are - certainly in some cases - overrated and overpriced as a result.

There are a lot more 'toys' on older pins, the wire forms tend to be thicker, and so on.

Some of the B/W era pins have pretty complex code, as do some of the SAM/Whitestar-era Sterns. So, with some exceptions, it's not clear what you're paying for apart from an expectation that you won't need to do maintenance for a few years.

Given the rate people open and respond to these threads, that is a full time job. At the moment I am having to work longer hours to bring home enough money to pay for the increases in food, energy and pinball. People have to stop creating and responding to these threads or ignore them.

You'll never stop people moaning about pinball prices - I'm pretty sure it's part of the UK's unwritten constitution.

Making one thread a sticky *might* stop people opening up so many new threads - also, it would be somewhere to refer people to when they start trashing sale threads.

funniest thread ever!

Some of the B/W era pins have pretty complex code, as do some of the SAM/Whitestar-era Sterns. So, with some exceptions, it's not clear what you're paying for apart from an expectation that you won't need to do maintenance for a few years
Let’s be honest, are the new pins really worth the money, when you look at the build quality and materials used, compared to the Bally/ Williams of yester year, probably not. Especially when an LE could be nearly 15k in the next few years.

But, I’m sure stern could build nothing but godzillas for the next 2 years, and sell every single one of them, due to the demand for that game, because of how bloody good it is.

While they continue to produce top class, in demand games, they can charge what they like

and long may they continue, as the pinball world will be a lot duller, and barron without stern pinball

Reactions: PAX
But, I’m sure stern could build nothing but godzillas for the next 2 years, and sell every single one of them, due to the demand for that game, because of how bloody good it is.

While they continue to produce top class, in demand games, they can charge what they like

and long may they continue, as the pinball world will be a lot duller, and barron without stern pinball
Yes, but Keith Elwin is just in a class of his own. And, if you want an Elwin pin, you can’t buy a B/W-era one because he wasn’t designing then. That’s *why* I own a GZ despite preferring older pins.

I’m grateful for Stern for putting out new pins and keeping pinball alive, but - if you compare Led Zeppelin (say) and an average B/W - some of their new designs just aren’t worth the money. I’m not saying LZ is bad - it’s just not significantly better than something cheaper IMO.

Yes, but Keith Elwin is just in a class of his own. And, if you want an Elwin pin, you can’t buy a B/W-era one because he wasn’t designing then. That’s *why* I own a GZ despite preferring older pins.

I’m grateful for Stern for putting out new pins and keeping pinball alive, but - if you compare Led Zeppelin (say) and an average B/W - some of their new designs just aren’t worth the money. I’m not saying LZ is bad - it’s just not significantly better than something cheaper IMO.
Yeah agree with led zep, and Star Wars for that matter, devoid of toys, and a sparse playfield.
But unfortunately that’s the price the consumer has to pay for those mega bucks licenses
You can have your big name theme, but your experience playing this pin, is going to be below par, sorry !

pinball's are so expensive they are now a lead item for scammers: I had this clown today:

got enough details to send to FSA, cops, gmail, PayPal and Facebook...

the screen shots for payment I made up :D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.07.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.07.23.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.07.50.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.07.50.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.08.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.08.01.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.09.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 19.09.38.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 177
pinball's are so expensive they are now a lead item for scammers: I had this clown today:

got enough details to send to FSA, cops, gmail, PayPal and Facebook...

the screen shots for payment I made up :D
I bet he got excited by the thought you'd sent that money!

yeah, my plan was then to wind him up and get him to send screenshots and hopefully gather more evidence but didn't work out.

seriously though the company he used as a bank avoid any transaction with that "bank" it amazes me that the FCA haven't closed it down.

yeah, my plan was then to wind him up and get him to send screenshots and hopefully gather more evidence but didn't work out.

seriously though the company he used as a bank avoid any transaction with that "bank" it amazes me that the FCA haven't closed it down.

Because the UK is a haven for wretched hives of scum and villiany?

if you are complaining about our politicians then look in the mirror we vote for them, none of them are that great.

We got on high horses about how much they got paid and stupid **** like expenses and now we attract only stupid people and criminals.

if you are complaining about our politicians then look in the mirror we vote for them, none of them are that great.

We got on high horses about how much they got paid and stupid **** like expenses and now we attract only stupid people and criminals.
I stopped voting years ago, all have their own agendas and talk a load of crap.

The now Welsh secretary Simon Hart knocked on my front door, he was the local Tory candidate at the time. Labour were in power then and he started slagging them off with how bad the NHS has got etc, little did he know I was just on the other side of 18 months of treatment for cancer plus other operations before that (hernias & knee) and was very happy with the NHS as were other people I know. I let him know and he cut the uninvited call quick and was gone😂

Now I see him on the news and laugh about that day😁
Another one turned up the other week and I just said we are not tories here with an angry look and she left pretty quick too🤣 (had the hump that day)

Back
Top Bottom