What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Today at 1pm on welovepinball johannes the great plays mandalorian on twitch

I hit the fire button earlier this week with Phil so my order is now in. Looking at mods that I can order and found wizardmod.com doing a few things. Reason for the post....has anyone bought from them? They seem to be only a few months old and anything that says free worldwide delivery and no fees rings my alarm bells.....are they legit?

It’s all personal choice of course, but I would wait until there are a few more mods made (usually have to wait until there are more machines out there). These ones look pretty poor in my opinion and I have never heard of that website.

Mods are not everyone's cup of tea. Just get the ones that can be removed when you sell the game.

Some can be cheesie but people do buy even the cr@p toppers on ebay etc....

Stern usually bring out a few things, like side art blades and plungers.

On most games I do not think you can beat mirror or art side blades. Some of the third party ones are hit and miss.

Strange that Stern have not done side lights apart from on Led Zeppelin. I would of imagined they would keep the basic cab the same and sell kits for all their games - but hey ho - stern know best !

Some mods for me are a no brainer if the pin is a 90s Ball/Will or earlier pre LCD stern.
I fit LED’s throughout then ColourDMD, invisiglass and mirror blades.
Most of these can be removed bar the obvious LED bulbs when selling the pin and fitted to whatever is incoming.
The money spent on the stuff over these necessities can be basically written off and if you do leave the aforementioned in when you sell the pin accept the fact a sizeable chunk being lost on those too!
In fact Most buyers don’t take them into consideration whereas I see them as a much needed bonus usually at a snip of their full prices.

As for the newer sterns mirror blades and invisiglass are again the key mods and I always throw in a shaker which for me enhances the game no end if used well in the code. Again remove these for your next purchase and make the most of your pins while in your possession.

I do however love some of the mods that have been done to my pins from previous owners or even myself now and then as I’m quite sad and like the little touches like speaker lights and toppers.

I always throw in a shaker which for me enhances the game no end if used well in the code.
The shaker motor is a definite order :cool: I've got a green light from the boss (mrs) for this pin so its a strike while the irons hot and order some upgrades now before she loses the baby yoda/child/grogu buzz 🤩 The only site I can see at the minute is that wizardmod one and like I said earlier, its not filling me with confidence. I think I'll hold off on firing an order and just grab the usual Stern mods like the shaker motor for now. Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.

Having now seen the show and all the episodes i do think grogu should have spat the ball out like in kiss or at least picked the ball up big miss and as for the helmet playfield ? just why ?.

I cannot wait! The artwork on the LE cabinet is amazing!

What are people’s thoughts on replacing the art blades on LEs with mirror blades? Has anyone done this before to an LE?

I am just not a lover of any art blades.

what is this madness!? wait until you see it!

Neil I think you should dress up as grogu for your unboxing stream. I for 1 would donate a fiver to a charity of your choice to see you covered in green shoe polish and pointy ears [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil I think you should dress up as grogu for your unboxing stream. I for 1 would donate a fiver to a charity of your choice to see you covered in green shoe polish and pointy ears [emoji23]

a fiver?! I'd need to raise at least £500 for such a feat all going to kids with special needs.

a fiver?! I'd need to raise at least £500 for such a feat all going to kids with special needs.

Ok granted I’m sounding tighter than two coats of paint there. A tenner then! You set up the page Neil I’ll happily donate. Sure I won’t be the only one that would be pay for the privilege of seeing that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303]

IMG_5305.jpg

This is the way.

It’s taking a while. However this week I’ve been watching a few episodes a nite and WOW what a finale.. Best thing I’ve watched in a long long time.

Last edited:
Looking at the playfield. Kinda wish Stern hadn’t picked this up. This was the game to have some nice subways, Grogu hide/lock balls or control the balls in the playfield like DI or Wonka. Christ even Houdini has this. Maybe even the mag slings aka GB. Will still be a good pin with all the content but could have been so much more!

Looking at the playfield. Kinda wish Stern hadn’t picked this up. This was the game to have some nice subways, Grogu hide/lock balls or control the balls in the playfield like DI or Wonka. Christ even Houdini has this. Maybe even the mag slings aka GB. Will still be a good pin with all the content but could have been so much more!
I would have to disagree, there is no way I wanted JJP anywhere near this. Plus, if JJP were doing this, it would be another 5 years wait.

I would have to disagree, there is no way I wanted JJP anywhere near this. Plus, if JJP were doing this, it would be another 5 years wait.
and would be falling apart with no customer support!

Wondering if any of you guys have heard of the timeframe for the first pro versions docking in the uk? I can see a few USA folk getting theirs so I’m assuming we might get ours arriving here in a month or so. Anyone know if uk ones are in transit yet?

I am down for an LE, but last time I ask Phil he had no idea.

Given a few LEs are also in the US now, I would have thought we are not too far behind.

Wondering if any of you guys have heard of the timeframe for the first pro versions docking in the uk? I can see a few USA folk getting theirs so I’m assuming we might get ours arriving here in a month or so. Anyone know if uk ones are in transit yet?
Do not forget that Stern look after America first. Also shipping containers are hard to get at the moment.

Electrocoin are not giving out any dates yet (the UK importers). At the moment Phil Palmer doesn't know. If I was him, even if I had a guestimate date I would not pass it on as people get arsy if that date is not kept to.

When I was at his place the other day literally in a couple of hours two people rang up to order one, and they got told the same news.

If I was you I would just put down a deposit (Phil asks for £1000) to secure one. Then it is the question of waiting.

Do not know why Stern do not do what they did with Stranger Things. Release it and then have it out the next day.

Do not know why Stern do not do what they did with Stranger Things. Release it and then have it out the next day.
Simply, the hype! They sold the LEs before they got officially announced and it looks to be a top seller for Stern.

To be fair, their lead time from announcements to shipping is not as bad as most of the others.

they would have done had it not been for the shortage of screens.

I spoke with Elecrocoin on another matter and they seemed to think a container would be here before the end of July. I'd guess some pro's would be on it and hopefully my LE :D I heard @JAG555 LE was having some personal touches done by Gary Stern and won't get here until October.

they would have done had it not been for the shortage of screens.

I spoke with Elecrocoin on another matter and they seemed to think a container would be here before the end of July. I'd guess some pro's would be on it and hopefully my LE :D I heard @JAG555 LE was having some personal touches done by Gary Stern and won't get here until October.
Did you speak to them about the **** avengers subway mech that is broken in everybody’s game that stern seem to be doing nothing about it’s only been nearly a year now

Did you speak to them about the **** avengers subway mech that is broken in everybody’s game that stern seem to be doing nothing about it’s only been nearly a year now
I was tempted but given they are replacing my entire Avengers playfield I didn't want to push my luck :D

It's not just AIQ though - Stern's welding is just not fit for purpose. The catapult in my BK3 also broke and reading pinside that happens to pretty much all of them after a while. Only £20 to fix at a local shop but still a pain to get done.

Back
Top Bottom