What's new

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Just wait until all the increases in electronic parts that is going to happen. (edit IS HAPPENING)

Nothing to do with brexit, a lot is down to factories not producing thru out the CV19 epidemic. Reason why video cards and video consoles have shot up in value. Oh, and the massive factory in japan burning down in december did not help (they are up to 30% production now).

At the moment I would not be in the manufacturing trade at the moment.

Have noticed a lot of electronic components I have asked for recently have either been reported as out of stock by RS/CPC the day after I order them, or sharp increases in prices.

Jaguar/Land Rover have closed 2 out of 3 production plants due to a low supply of certain regulator chips. I know this as Sound Leisure use the same chip (the trade price also rose from £4.32 to £88 in a week! EACH!!!!).

got some news overnight I am super pumped for this game / it’s going to be fantastic!

an no BTTF but that was always going to be the case - Kapow games tend to be launched around October timeframe and will be Premium LE SLE mode. Only issue is Stern are about a month behind when they usually announce games and have a huge back order of existing games so the normal manufacturing space for a boutique game like BTTF isn’t obvious. Stern’s next game is Godzilla by Keith Elwin which would usually be announced July but guessing that will slip to August.

Last edited by a moderator:
got some news overnight I am super pumped for this game / it’s going to be fantastic!

an no BTTF but that was always going to be the case - Kapow games tend to be launched around October timeframe and will be Premium LE SLE mode. Only issue is Stern are about a month behind when they usually announce games and have a huge back order of existing games so the normal manufacturing space for a boutique game like BTTF isn’t obvious. Stern’s next game is Godzilla by Keith Elwin which would usually be announced July but guessing that will slip to August.
Come on, spill the beans..........

Mods - is it possible to change the name of this to The Mandalorian Pinball or something - will make searching easier in the future (and do the same to the New JJP Pin which should be JJP GNR Pinball or something!) :D

cheers,
Neil.

Done :) Makes sense.

Problem is on these, at the time of creating the thread, the name isnt usually known...... It's just the "next" pin...

Hope the Mando pin is better than the tv series.
Watched a few episodes and got completely bored.
A hardnosed bounty hunter? More like a Mary Poppins themed show but not quite as radical 😅

Just wait until all the increases in electronic parts that is going to happen. (edit IS HAPPENING)

Nothing to do with brexit, a lot is down to factories not producing thru out the CV19 epidemic. Reason why video cards and video consoles have shot up in value. Oh, and the massive factory in japan burning down in december did not help (they are up to 30% production now).

At the moment I would not be in the manufacturing trade at the moment.

Have noticed a lot of electronic components I have asked for recently have either been reported as out of stock by RS/CPC the day after I order them, or sharp increases in prices.

Jaguar/Land Rover have closed 2 out of 3 production plants due to a low supply of certain regulator chips. I know this as Sound Leisure use the same chip (the trade price also rose from £4.32 to £88 in a week! EACH!!!!).

Yep, was banging on about this months back. Electronics part price and lead time increases have been happening since end of last year. its a knightmare with lead times on electronics now and product lines being dropped or 'manufacturer direct only orders'. And brexit has not helped at all.. Farnell for example operates in europe, usa and uk and is shifting stock around all the time so hassle at borders just slows things down ,massively. And that leads to price increase and delays in the end...

For me buying alot of 'old technology' ics and descretes. these are the first product lines to go when companies want to rationalise. So dont expect parts for boards to be easy to get on all the old pinball games going forward. Simple example here is the line filter order i placed earlier this year. It was pushed back 3 times i think before the delivery arrived and was 2-3 months late.

Last edited:

BTTF is what i am looking forward to :) roll on october then

Let’s hope it’s coming then Jim I don’t see any evidence of it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stern tried to get Jaws and bailed at the price - apparently way more than Star Wars so not so sure we will ever see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

always is until its released

Does anyone else remember him getting the chance to play Wonka before it was revealed and saying it was the single best pin of all time? That infatuation didn't last long.

Stern tried to get Jaws and bailed at the price - apparently way more than Star Wars so not so sure we will ever see it.

The Jaws licence was more expensive than Star Wars? Well that's a bit of a surprise.

Does anyone else remember him getting the chance to play Wonka before it was revealed and saying it was the single best pin of all time? That infatuation didn't last long.

The Jaws licence was more expensive than Star Wars? Well that's a bit of a surprise.
To be fair Jaws is a miles better film

Yep, was banging on about this months back. Electronics part price and lead time increases have been happening since end of last year. its a knightmare with lead times on electronics now and product lines being dropped or 'manufacturer direct only orders'. And brexit has not helped at all.. Farnell for example operates in europe, usa and uk and is shifting stock around all the time so hassle at borders just slows things down ,massively. And that leads to price increase and delays in the end...

For me buying alot of 'old technology' ics and descretes. these are the first product lines to go when companies want to rationalise. So dont expect parts for boards to be easy to get on all the old pinball games going forward. Simple example here is the line filter order i placed earlier this year. It was pushed back 3 times i think before the delivery arrived and was 2-3 months late.
Yes Jim ( @myPinballs ) - this was happening in the supply chain earlier in the year but things are getting much worse now.

Even down to amazon stuff - like ws2812 LEDs I buy - I think they have gone up by about 25%.

Sound Leisure have had to redesign a load of boards and put them thru testing to get CE approval so they can continue making machines. That is a cheaper option than waiting six months and paying 20 times the amount per IC.

Stern node boards will go up, and I bet they are knarked off now that a load got sold cheap a couple of months ago....

I have heard off new tech coming into new stern games on the PCB side, so it could be time for Spike III.

Let's face it - a premium or LE should come with a 28 inch screen.

Back
Top Bottom