What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I’ve been giving this some thought and was wondering, were I given the job, what I would choose to be the next Stern music pin. I’ve mentioned many times I’d love to see a Beastie Boys pinball. If we were to go down the older route, a well realised Sex Pistols pin could be great.
But.......
I would chose to make a Kraftwerk pinball (cue half of America fainting). The music, art and imagery well is endless. The playfield lighting could reflect which album you were playing (red, yellow etc.). The animations could be stunning. Push the boat out and have two extra speakers under the front of the cab. The sound would demand attention.
And the main selling point to the money men ? It would sell like hot cakes in Germany and possibly Japan.

I’ve been giving this some thought and was wondering, were I given the job, what I would choose to be the next Stern music pin. I’ve mentioned many times I’d love to see a Beastie Boys pinball. If we were to go down the older route, a well realised Sex Pistols pin could be great.
But.......
I would chose to make a Kraftwerk pinball (cue half of America fainting). The music, art and imagery well is endless. The playfield lighting could reflect which album you were playing (red, yellow etc.). The animations could be stunning. Push the boat out and have two extra speakers under the front of the cab. The sound would demand attention.
And the main selling point to the money men ? It would sell like hot cakes in Germany and possibly Japan.

I'd probably be up for a Kraftwerk - but it still wouldn't be The Fall - I'm thinking about what I'd put on one of those. [Mr Pharmacist Multiball where the balls sit in a test tube then get tipped onto the playfield when full]

I'd probably be up for a Kraftwerk - but it still wouldn't be The Fall - I'm thinking about what I'd put on one of those. [Mr Pharmacist Multiball where the balls sit in a test tube then get tipped onto the playfield when full]
I’d buy a Kraftwerk pinball as long as they didn’t make an @rse of it.

The Fall Pinball would have to have the speakers replaced by megaphones. :clap:

I’d buy a Kraftwerk pinball as long as they didn’t make an @rse of it.

The Fall Pinball would have to have the speakers replaced by megaphones. :clap:
Megaphone! - that's the topper sorted - Pah! coming out of it for the replay sound

But.......

lol, sadly its about what sells in the USA period, stern couldn't give a **** about anyone in the uk, germany, japan or wherever... a shame but reality!!

If i was going to guess on the next music pin (yawn) then i'd say Journey

Everything I’ve heard about Stern’s The Mandolorian to date:
Designer: Brian Eddy
Artist: Randy Martinez
Coder: ???
Callouts: Carl Weathers
Full music and clips from show (all assets)
Reveal Date: May 11 (teaser May 4)
LE #: 600
Beskar Steel Mirrored Backglass on LE
Rotating Upper Playfield with 2 flippers and 6 drop targets
Ship toy with hanging target that reveals ramp.

I honestly hope at least half of this is correct!

Last edited:
Randy Martinez is a fantastic artist! Especially in the world of Star Wars, so I have high hopes for this!

Randy Martinez is a fantastic artist! Especially in the world of Star Wars, so I have high hopes for this!
Agreed his work is awesome

I love Star Wars but have felt let down by all previous pins, I’d be mega happy if this pin hits it out the park

Surely they have to put a Grogu toy on it, by far the biggest, most well known and most popular character in the show.

I'm pretty sure Dawn would agree to me buying one instantly if it has one.

Add to the fact that he loves the 'silver ball' joystick topper from the ship and steals it several times and surely there's a Grogu Multiball somewhere

I know Mandalorian has a big following. And the game may well do brilliantly. But as a show it has nowhere near the fanbase or impact of Stranger Things. Which really struggled on launch . People obviously like ST a lot more now but it was a slow seller. Mandalorian needs to hit the ground running with solid code etc. I think the fact there's been a bigger gap between releases as no one is counting Led Zeppelin might very much work in its favour either way.

Y A W N for star wars games, there's been enough already...

how long before everybody start saying this one is **** aswell ??
yeah I'm worried about that but I'm hoping that Brian eddy sticks with the shadow base layout and its Lyman on code.

theme I usually don't give a toss about but I like the mandalorian and I hope the get it right.

I know Mandalorian has a big following. And the game may well do brilliantly. But as a show it has nowhere near the fanbase or impact of Stranger Things. Which really struggled on launch .

I think you're wrong thinking that Star Wars/Mandalorian has less following that Stranger Things. It was everywhere and made it into the general population because of the 'Baby Yoda' factor. Last Christmas most of the Child toys, calendars and merchandise was sold out pretty much everywhere. ST has no merchandise that is mainstream (Logo maybe an exception on a few T-shirts).

Also, the demographic for ST was quite different, mainly under 30 with little or no following amongst 45+ which is where most of the pinball money comes from.

I'm not saying it'll be a good game, it'll probably be quite basic, but Stern know that it'll sell anyway so they can charge the same or more making a machine that costs them less on production (though possibly to offset the higher licence cost).

It looks?! It’s a great layout some great flow shots and the centre shot is butter! Backhands as well!

The artwork is led zep that’s what they use but there are three versions!

Here maybe but quite a few folks in the LZ thead loving it the top players in the US really getting into the icarus challenge.
4 pretty sure it’s actually an Englishman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nah - its not an english man - same guy who did the voice on Aerosmith 'jacky'.

The 'english man' Stern sometimes use was not given the call - go figure.

Yes - I am well aware of where the artwork came from, I do own every Zep album at least twice. I am a massive fan. I do wonder why they used Icarus as that comes from Swan Song - I have many other 70s records with the art work from the LE and they have that same artwork on. I just feel LZ really lacks imagination.

I also (as much as I con myself) think Rush is a great theme. I would LOVE a Rush pinball, but I feel it would sell about 5 in the UK.

Any band or artist who recently has passed would make a good pinball theme (Prince, Bowie, Rush) as all the fans come out the wood work.

Who would of thought of a Primus pinball ? A very underground band.

I was also told by someone in the know in the UK that Queen and Led Zeppelin both were ready to go.......

I actually bumped into Robert Plant yesterday who was visiting a mutual friend, and he actually said he did not have much input.

Reactions: PAX
The possibility for theme integration are huge. IG11's eleven ball multi-ball anyone? (That's a mouthful to say quickly)

Not sure about stranger things being a slow burner I think it’s out sold avengers so far stranger things le certainly out sold avengers le
Just because everyone raves on about avengers doesn’t mean people are buying it

I think you're wrong thinking that Star Wars/Mandalorian has less following that Stranger Things. It was everywhere and made it into the general population because of the 'Baby Yoda' factor. Last Christmas most of the Child toys, calendars and merchandise was sold out pretty much everywhere. ST has no merchandise that is mainstream (Logo maybe an exception on a few T-shirts).

Also, the demographic for ST was quite different, mainly under 30 with little or no following amongst 45+ which is where most of the pinball money comes from.

I'm not saying it'll be a good game, it'll probably be quite basic, but Stern know that it'll sell anyway so they can charge the same or more making a machine that costs them less on production (though possibly to offset the higher licence cost).

I read an article about this back along. Stranger Things was like 5th (or maybe 3rd?) in viewing figures and Mando like 12th. Not only that how many more uses of Netflix are there than Disney +? I'm not saying it isn't a great theme or whatever but that sometimes popularity of a TV show alone might not be enough to carry a half baked game.

I read an article about this back along. Stranger Things was like 5th (or maybe 3rd?) in viewing figures and Mando like 12th. Not only that how many more uses of Netflix are there than Disney +? I'm not saying it isn't a great theme or whatever but that sometimes popularity of a TV show alone might not be enough to carry a half baked game.
You need to watch Mandalorian and see what you think. Give it a watch.

Most Star Wars fans think it great, myself included.

Yeah I'm not having a pop at the show. I don't know anything about it. Just that in terms of global reach ST was likely bigger at launch respectively and it wasn't enough at that point to carry what was perceived as a weak pin (rightly or wrongly).

That is also strange (pardon the pun), as Stranger Things is now very well regarded from what I have read (and I obviously think so too), so maybe it was the early code that put people off at first?

I love both shows and hopefully if it is the Mandalorian, they do it justice.

Back
Top Bottom