What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yeah I heard something about a component issue. But also heard playfields were being made.

Send my LE with no screen as I have a spare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah they did but the code could be less multiball wood choppy! Mando might be the same but I don’t see it.

Not taken by it.
I think the rotating second playfield is a bit of a miss.
Dont see the point of it and looks like its frustrating to play .
Even the makers having a hard time of that mini flippered flop.

Slings almost a 90 degree angle. Hardly any punch on the ball.
Does seem to drain a bit but Im not against fighting that.

The theme is great but artwork Im not liking also .
I get it as its a licenced product and have to have it approved etc.

I think Stern could do with a swift change of thought and do an original theme with reall toys.

Not taken by it.
I think the rotating second playfield is a bit of a miss.
Dont see the point of it and looks like its frustrating to play .
Even the makers having a hard time of that mini flippered flop.

Slings almost a 90 degree angle. Hardly any punch on the ball.
Does seem to drain a bit but Im not against fighting that.

The theme is great but artwork Im not liking also .
I get it as its a licenced product and have to have it approved etc.

I think Stern could do with a swift change of thought and do an original theme with reall toys.
But nobody buy original games with original theam

Those LZ’s are going to sell - just like all the STh did!

@CHRIS B PINBALLS Not many good ones being offered.
Thats what been keeping Stern trapped is licensing.

We have had many original themes in the past but at a time where game rules were thin.

Wishful thinking with regards to Stern I guess as they would be the best manufacturer to take a leap on doing it.

DI and Houdini are a great stab at it.

houdini is terrible and it took ages to get DI to code that was good.

after BK:SOR there is zero chance of stern doing another unlicensed IP. Its a shame because its an epic game like STh and LZ.

From my POV last nights unveil made me more excited - I agree on the mando helmet it looks a bit iffy but the rest of it looks fantastic. the art, the display art and the sound are brilliant. The co-op modes etc look alot of fun also.

One thing I noticed is the flippers on the upper playfield are on all the time. Surely, they don’t need to be and this will sorted in the code. I don’t remember the GOT flippers firing when the ball wasn’t up there, but I could be wrong.

As neil said Houdini is a shocking game and ap sold all there stock off at a loss just to get rid
Di is a bit better but only really sold on the basis it was a pay lawler game
Bk did very poorly as it would only ever apply to pinball people same with Elvira but you have to factor the close to 10k price tag on that one
A popular license is the instant selling attraction look at mando 750 le sold out before people even seen it that’s a cool 7 million in the bag for stern instantly
I bet Houdini in all models didn’t even gross anywhere near this

And I think American Pinball have realised this now and moved forward with Hot Wheels, which is a pretty good licence (I think this game looks good and want to play one). It was just released at a bad time with Stranger Things, Turtles and AIQ to compete with.

And I think American Pinball have realised this now and moved forward with Hot Wheels, which is a pretty good licence (I think this game looks good and want to play one). It was just released at a bad time with Stranger Things, Turtles and AIQ to compete with.
I don’t think ap will ever learn hot wheels is just as bad as Houdini and October fest is not much better the 3 stern titles smash anything out of the park ap do and cheeper

Really? Is Hot Wheels that bad? From what I read, most people who have played it, seem to rate it and say it plays really nice.

I think it’s a great pinball licence (But I am yet to play one yet though!).

I thought DI was really good, got the most plays here from the family who loved it. Build was really good on my one with no real issues including playfield.

I watched the stream last night for about 10 mins and it didn’t do anything for me but I’m not a Star Wars fan and I was under the influence, will have to watch it on the big screen later with a coffee.

just finished watching the stream abeit in 3 sittings.
Not that its worth a lot but take is they have done a cracking job, Sound is stellar and assets look well intergrated and I heard Dwight say they have a sheet load of assets to work with so room to get even better!

Dont think you can comapre this to any other SW pin ever made IMO. I had the last stern effort but no matter how I tried I could not gel with it and it went not long after it arrived. Probably gonna be a little marmite with how people take to the mini PF but I the like the fact it has dificulty levels with shots and gradient coming into play as you progress. I guess the pro will be equally fun due to the active nudging required to keep it in play.

From hitting the start button that ear worm just hits the spot big time and you are in the series. Love the look of the mode play which will only improve with future updates. Cons! Modders animate GroGu its a must.

LE/Premium all the way for me. Yes Its a nice loaded pro but once those plastic ramps haze up they would do my tits in! I am also easily driven by shiney bling and the little things for me "That is the way"

looking forward to flip this one.

I watched it. Hmmmm lacks personality or fun to me. I’d rather have Iron Maiden or Deadpool. I guess if you have those then fire away...
Each to their own I guess! I thought it looked well Packed, with good Flow, some cool shots and a theme to die for. This for me is what makes a pin Fun.

I also agree Deadpool = Fun, Fun, Fun is so many ways and my personal Pin of its decade it will never leave here.

However Iron Maiden which I bought NIB after everyone hyped and raved this pin was the total opposite to Fun. Believe me I tried my best to love it but after owning for it over a year gave up on it as I found it annoying in so many ways I wont even get started but in a nutshell Overated clunk fest with zero flow and not being a Maiden fan annoying after a while which didnt help it cause.
On a plus side I did like the art so although unloved/unplayed it was a beutiful ornament.:thumbs:

Each to their own I guess! I thought it looked well Packed, with good Flow, some cool shots and a theme to die for. This for me is what makes a pin Fun.

I also agree Deadpool = Fun, Fun, Fun is so many ways and my personal Pin of its decade it will never leave here.

However Iron Maiden which I bought NIB after everyone hyped and raved this pin was the total opposite to Fun. Believe me I tried my best to love it but after owning for it over a year gave up on it as I found it annoying in so many ways I wont even get started but in a nutshell Overated clunk fest with zero flow and not being a Maiden fan annoying after a while which didnt help it cause.
On a plus side I did like the art so although unloved/unplayed it was a beutiful ornament.:thumbs:
Not played either ;-) I’ll be looking them up on the next show though!

Having watched some of that stream I fell asleep 20 mins in.
Think my time is best served watching Eurovision tonight. I fuking hate Eurovision.
Best thing to do is wait until it’s out. Then play it. A journey to Tilt is cheaper than wasting money on buying something you don’t like.
Everyone now has missed the boat on LEs..... so it will be not too hard to pick up a premium later.
For me I think the pro looks okay but I know that mini playfield will break with the constant bending of wires (on the LE/premium)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom