What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

how come that says 1 instead of GC, is Dean's top score still on there then?

and Steve, that's a great STTNG score, i could never get close to that until i bought the outlane extenders - even Sir Steve of Richie said he likes those things and wishes he'd made the oulanes less grabby when i chatted to him at the Slam. i take it you got to the Final Frontier with all four artefacts?

Sorry Dan, I've just spotted this post.

I did fit the outlane extenders when I cleaned up the playfield and it does make a difference, and I have no idea what I got as it was one of those crazy games when it all happens too fast!

Haven't played FT properly for a while, decided to give it a clean and really make sure it was level front and back...

dl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_29769115_2014_02_01_2015.30.50.jpg

First time I've ever been able to collect the super jackpot, got 2 so didn't really 'cash-in' on that one.

Aaaaaaarrrrr. I just doubled my high score on POTC, me hearties

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_08_aru8unup.jpg

Those last two lights on the right (East wind - Heart MB super jackpot and defeat Davy Jones) are the hardest ones, finally I defeated them and had the wizard mode lit (four winds). Imagine it. Let me give you you the scene as an allegorical comparison: you have been trying to get Scarlett Johanssen or Angelina Jolie into bed, having only heard of them once:

So I get invited to a party by accident because my name is like someone else's name. I attend the party and go into the VIP area by mistake, where I'm not allowed, but they let me stay because they think I'm someone else. I meet Scarlett and Angie. We chat. They both like me but there's no real signals or red lights, but we all check each other out and get on well, and I get the impression that Angie fancies Scarlett. Later in the evening I find myself at the after party (again by luck) and the music and power breaks down. I find myself in a dark corner with S and A and we are all up for it and frustrated. Scarlett says 'come on you two, let's go tony apartment, it's round the corner'.

I go to Scarlett's apartment with Angelina Jolie. We all drink and laugh. Scarlett suggests strip poker. We play and end up all in our undies but with both girls totally ****ed and horny. We all head to the bedroom. There is coke. There is booze. There is music. Everyone wants to spend four hours basically in nirvana instead of real life.
I approach the ladies in my undies. They are both super horny and super hot. Both are wet and willing. Both look at me hoping to be the first.

Allegory over. Strike tents boys. I return to reality. I am in the wizard mode. I drain instantly and get nothing. In the allegory, I come in my pants and am asked to leave while the girls get it on with each other.

Errrr. Haha.

Just beat my score on IJ this evening. First time I have got the 1B jackpot on Eternal Life, normally the PoA switches get me as I can't hit the right ramp reliably but was getting it reasonably consistently today. :)

IMG_1374.JPG

Whirlwind tonight!
I'm sure this is a ****e score to the masses but in Che Shiells a new grand champ score comes but twice a year!!

image.jpg

HOLY CRAP!
"The Misses" goes to bed early...think I'll just go & have a quick game of TSPP before bed:
- 2x Alien Invasion (just missed the 3rd by 1 shot!) - none completed...best 4 balls locked x3 :mad:
- Springfield Mystery Tour completed - every shot hit
- Scratchy's revenge completed - every shot hit
- Daredevil mania completed (many times over)
- Secret Stash completed 3x
- only 2x Super Jackpot :(
- Pretzel Multiball
- 57 duffs (extra ball at 60!! :eek::mad:)
about 1 1/2 hours of play!!

Absolutely loving & hating TSPP - dam thing drives me insane & I can't stop playing it :DTSPP High Score 24_2_14 ().JPG

Regards,
Dan.

HOLY CRAP!
"The Misses" goes to bed early...think I'll just go & have a quick game of TSPP before bed:
- 2x Alien Invasion (just missed the 3rd by 1 shot!) - none completed...best 4 balls locked x3 :mad:
- Springfield Mystery Tour completed - every shot hit
- Scratchy's revenge completed - every shot hit
- Daredevil mania completed (many times over)
- Secret Stash completed 3x
- only 2x Super Jackpot :(
- Pretzel Multiball
- 57 duffs (extra ball at 60!! :eek::mad:)
about 1 1/2 hours of play!!

Absolutely loving & hating TSPP - dam thing drives me insane & I can't stop playing it :DView attachment 5678

Regards,
Dan.

I love it when you get a game like that - one where you need a lie down from the excess adrenaline afterwards :)

Now life in the new house is calming down, I get to play some pinball and have slowiy been trying to better the high scores @cooldan put on my machines whilst he looked after them for me.
TAF has slowly been coming back to me and last night I had a blinder of a game and knocked @cooldan off the Grand Champion spot. However, I will add that it was not particularly hard as someone has set it up to give extra balls for just about everything. I also notice that it is removing older scores as I am sure I have done better that 465M before. Now I am top, I can set it back to standard. :cool:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I had it on 3 balls plus extra ball for replay, what's wrong with that? Is there a special on TAF I can't remember? Oh, and with a knackered shooter rod so no chance at skill shots, I shoulda been awarded a free 10-20M per game in missed oportunities :)

I suppose you are still trying to get near my Creech score? Before you do, any complaints re setup? I think it's set to 3 balls plus EB for 200M, for 2 and 6 (and 10 etc) kisses. I don't think there's a replay EB and there's no specials I can remember but I could be wrong.

Hey I never said I was any good, just that I beat your high score!

I don't disagree that the settings were not standard for home play, they just were not the settings the previous Grand Champ had used to get their scores. ;)

Special was lit after I Toured The Mansion, which are now coming like buses, and exited via the left outlane, that gave me one extra ball. Another was awarded for the mansion award and I am not sure where the other came from, there was a lot going on. Then I knew Grand Champ was on as I only needed 50M from all those EB's and from the standard 3rd ball.

Anyhow, it goes back to how you can't really compare each others scores on different machines, or scores on the same machine due to set-up.

I suppose the best way would be to set the machine up like in a league meet.
That way you know what's allowed and you can even check your scores with the league to see if it's on par with others good scores.

I don't know about replays being set to extra ball as "standard for home play" (maybe I've not been to enough other people's homes!)
Personally I dislike it - over-inflates your high scores - you may as well set the machine to 4 or 5 balls (depending on how many replay levels you have).

I always have machines set to factory settings with the exception of features that add a bit of fun without affecting the overall score too much - e.g. I set Ferengi time on STTNG to 20s - even on a really good Ferengi multiball it perhaps adds 3-400M max, but you have the enjoyment of a 4-ball multiball.

Regards,
Dan.

I've decided to switch my specials to extra ball, but not keen on the replay free credit idea either. You work hard to get a special and then get nothing for it, whereas you could easily get a replay depending on who's played recently.

I finally managed to beat my high score on Fish Tales that I set on the second day of owning it. 1.4 Billion mainly via the either 3 or 4 double supers that I hit for the very first time. Very pleased with myself although it could so easily have been over 2 Billion.

Just had a nice 207k on SM ( 4 balls default settings ) which makes Greg's 408k ( SW league ) with no extra balls look all the more impressive.

Back
Top Bottom