What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

I've finally had a chance to play some of the tables in Pinball Arcade for real and as expected it highlights that although PA is a good way to get a Pinball fix on the go it's not a true representation of the game. Theatre of Magic, White Water, Monster Bash, Medieval Madness and Twlight Zone all play very differently in real life and i'm pretty sure that's true of any pinball.

Where am I going with this?

Well when I first played Monster Bash on Tuesday night my scores were pretty shambolic. I think the most I managed was around 50M.

So last night I went back for a few more games after the course had finished. Boom. First game up and I managed to get 152M.

Of course Pinball is a cruel mistress and what then followed was another dozen games where I failed to get anywhere near that. Still, I was quite proud of that 152M, although I realise it's not THAT high a score. Still more work to be done but alas no MB's near my home so not likely to get to play much more.

I need a lottery win so I can buy a MB of my very own.

Managed to beat my best score on Spiderman a few weeks back at Neil's place in Weston. Previous best was 1.3M on factory settings. All Neil's games are set up on 4 balls with extras on, managed 1.6M nearly making it through 2 Super Hero's. SM is such a good game.

Managed to beat my best score on Spiderman a few weeks back at Neil's place in Weston. Previous best was 1.3M on factory settings. All Neil's games are set up on 4 balls with extras on, managed 1.6M nearly making it through 2 Super Hero's. SM is such a good game.
M? ;)

Why, what was wrong with it? :eek:

A cannon gear had sheared so the cannon wasn't working plus the drops were being a pain in the **** and not registering properly. Stern had no stock of cannon assemblies so it took a while to source one only then did I bother fixing the targets

1.6bn on Spiderman? :eek:

Yep. I witnessed some of it, probably about 20 mins worth. Super Hero looks like an absolutely insane mode and full marks to Craig for perservering. I don't expect to witness anyone else completing super hero ever again.... :eek:

How do you 'complete' superhero?

It's a four part wizard mode, a while since I've done it, but it's something like: 1. shoot all the lit shots, 2. Shoot the villains 2 or 3 times (can't move on to 2nd set until 1st set of 4 villains completed), 3. Turn all spider inserts off (tricky because they relight if you hit them again), 4. Shoot Sandman and Dock Ock an insane amount of times (who move up and down to block your shots) and then shoot spidey sense lane to complete and score 100 or 150m, then for the rest of the ball it's double scoring and you get some new quotes.

Still got a long way to get #1 score on my R&B but i've at least finally managed to get on the high-score board. Strangely it was one of my first games after coming back from London so i'm wondering if all the games I played at Johns house and at the Pipeline have paid off.

So here we are 363,352,690 and place #6 on the score board. Now to get some serious practice in and try to get #1 position. Seems the best tricks are to activate tri-ball mode and then hammer the crap out of the BOMB targets or aim for the Hat Trick whilst tri-ball is active and then nail the right ramp for a jackpot.

Think I need to look at my BOMB targets as i'm getting a lot of air-balls from them. I've heard about placing felt behind them and regapping the switches too. Might have a look into that.

20130921_113321.jpg

I got to Superhero on Spiderman last night and ended on a score of around 481 million.

It was on dirty 5 ball play though, with replays awarding EBs too! :p

Addams Family high score 2013-10-07 22.16.03.jpg After a 3 month loan Addams Family is moving on tomorrow (never thought anyone would lend me an Addams!)...thought I'd go & have a last few games on it = new high score :)
815M :)

how sweet this is - hey, @Calimori come take a look:

first i played on your TAF and managed to tour the mansion and take out your high score *finally*:

GC score on Geoff\'s TAF.jpg

then, feeling smug, i turned to your CFTBL: nailed the SuperJackpot on 3x playfield to grab about 600M in one shot, and took that high score as well:

GC score on Geoff\'s Creech.jpg

Thanks for the loan, Geoff :)
i will finally go back to playing on my own games now i have achieved my objective.

Back
Top Bottom