What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

I'm beginning to get a bit better at dealing with portal multi-ball which is helping. Still not completed it though as it's very deep... :eek:

Nice score, plenty of jackpots and super jackpots I hope.

Great to get the super jackpot on Getaway.
Love how it gets spelled out.

Finally managed to have a decent game, one mode away from final battle too :(

Anyone know how to stop the ball jumping the switch on the left ramp right phurba shot? Playing havok with my skill shot.

IMG_20140802_165505827.jpg

Nice score Carl.
As for your problem with the ball jumping the switch, has it got the correct flipper coils installed ?
Also check the Phurba dagger dirvertor that its not got to much play in it, could be acting as a mini ramp and making the ball jump the switch.

Finally knocked @cooldan off the GC spot. No buy-in but loads of EBs from replay levels.

IMG_20140810_172501.jpg

Nice score Carl.
As for your problem with the ball jumping the switch, has it got the correct flipper coils installed ?
Also check the Phurba dagger dirvertor that its not got to much play in it, could be acting as a mini ramp and making the ball jump the switch.
Going to get hold of an extended switch arm which should sort it.

Last edited:
Just a thought... which may have been said/asked before but would it be possible to have a 'live' high score table on the main front page.. submissions could be made through this forum thread and then updated on the main page for all to see and try and beat!

Just an idea?

Just a thought... which may have been said/asked before but would it be possible to have a 'live' high score table on the main front page.. submissions could be made through this forum thread and then updated on the main page for all to see and try and beat!

Just an idea?

It frequently gets mentioned or asked for. The problem is everyone machines are set up differently eg extra balls, no extra balls, tournament mode, easy mode, etc.

The best comparison is probably the UK league high scores table where all machines should be set to a similar standard:
http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/highscores10.php
or here:
http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/highaveragescores.php

Finally knocked @cooldan off the GC spot. No buy-in but loads of EBs from replay levels.

View attachment 9169

Going to get hold of an extended switch arm which should sort it.
That switch is a PITA Carl, if a ball only just makes it up there it may get stuck before the switch while a fast ball will fly over the switch without activating it, you just can't win. I have a longer switch wire on mine and it still gives problems. Good luck.

It frequently gets mentioned or asked for. The problem is everyone machines are set up differently eg extra balls, no extra balls, tournament mode, easy mode, etc.

The best comparison is probably the UK league high scores table where all machines should be set to a similar standard:
http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/highscores10.php
or here:
http://www.ukpinballleague.co.uk/highaveragescores.php
I didn't think about the multiple configs that some people would have... I suppose I was just hoping for something simple that we could all 'aspire' to get on. . Rather than having to be part of the UK pinball league (which isn't bad).. I'm sure we could set pinball info standard presets and 'hope' that those vying for the top score / GC spots would be honest..

Cheers

They already do this on Pinside, seems to work OK as you can put in whether you have normal tilt, what software, how many balls etc.

It would be great to have a UK version though :thumbs:.

It has not been that I have fallen out of love with the pins but I have been very busy and so any pinball I have played has been a bit shoddy. I play one machine, feel rubbish so quickly hope to the next, which just spreads the ****e playing about. Last month I introduced the "stick with one pin" policy, where by I always play the same pin first and only if a real session develops do I move to another one.
Top scores were struck on TAF last month so this month is CFTBL go and I have really started to feel it. The addiction to finding that one true shot on target for super jackpot finally came today and scored over 500,000,000. I am sure I had a 4x multiplier but a low initial jackpot as it was only the first ball. After that I was too excited to play any further as my goal had been achieved so I lost the other balls trying to do silly things. Final score of 1,176,981,770 but that doesn't matter.

photo-cftbl.JPG

IMG_0209 (1077 x 808).jpg

So in the scheme of things its not a massive score. However for the settings I have used (3 ball game with no extras, countdown timers being tight), the the outlane posts as wide apart as a hookers legs and also a pretty steep playfield pitch, I'm pretty happy with this.

Wouldnt mind but so nearly had a x2 super jackpot added to the score too, just as a ball drained in multi-ball I hit the snack bar hole for the super but it didnt count. B0ll0cks! :)

The Simpsons Pinball Party

I started playing this ten days ago when I finally got a pin IN THE HOUSE! My high score was 40M for a few days then last Friday I got 80M and today a new high of 129M. Three balls, and EBs enabled so I probably picked up a few on my way round. Lots of fun as I managed to reach a few of the supermodes (Invasion, Scratchy Revenge, Secret Stash and Daredevil Mania) even though of course I didn't finish any of them. Don't be ridiculous. As far as I know, nobody has reached SDMEWM though a few have managed 4 of the 7 requirements - the usual suspects like Stan Nick Martin Wayne @bartron @mufcmufc @WayneJ

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_29_f7211b3708bbdeff5ec458aa021c92a1.jpg

Edit- up to 166M now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom