What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

IMHO, prices just will not fall that much. the price of spare parts is steadily rising and so the intrinsic “sum of parts” value of even the poorest games is steadily rising too.
Yep great point and undoubtedly true, just a feeling I’ve got.

It’ll all come crashing down I think, apart from select titles to a lesser extent. The pricing is simly not sustainable and built on very flimsy foundations….
Just my thought and could be talking complete b*llocks…..
Que sera sera🤷‍♂️
People have been saying this literally since I got into pins …. 20 years ago 😂

There has to be a ceiling though, and the world in general does feel more ****ed then I ever remember in my life so anything could happen.

I might open a beer 😬😂

IMHO, prices just will not fall that much. the price of spare parts is steadily rising and so the intrinsic “sum of parts” value of even the poorest games is steadily rising too.
I agree with you regarding prices not falling that much. In all the different hobbies I’ve been into over the last 15 years or so, there have always been the same debate about rising prices and how it won’t last, or they will crash down, be it classic cars or vintage toys etc.

But in reality, they never did. Even during the financial crisis back in 2008, prices levelled out and all people did was hold on to stuff. Then a couple of years later the increases started again.

The only way I can see a crash is if these things become huge paper weights due to parts unavailability. It only needs one node board to crap out to make it unplayable.

At best the price rises will slow down.

with lots of collectables its down to demographics and the nostalgia factor. Massive rises when those that want to buy them get to the stage where mortgages have been paid off, and can be a fall when it gets to the stage of some of them dieing/downsizing/nursing home etc. Some carry on if they find a younger market, and some sort of stop being collectable (2 extremes in the book market are Dick Francis (large chunk of the collectors no longer around) and Harry Potter (absolutely everyone wants).

Is this the right place to ask about 'how much is this table worth thread' or another thread on "a price crash is a coming", or "moan about prices", or "we are all going to be living under a bridge"?

Morning all, to manage my expectations for when I offer a MET Pro up for trade soon, I'd like to get a feel for which machines would be a relatively close straight trade and which ones would likely require me putting cash on top of my machine.
What would you suggest the value of the following are currently?

Dialed In (saw above estimate for an LE, is the standard lacking without the ramp lights?; is the rest of the lighting the same?

Walking Dead (pro/Prem)
Stern JP2
Oktoberfest
Iron Maiden
Dark Knight
Monster Bash (og/remake)
AFM (og/remake)
Revenge from mars (w/lcd conversion)
BK: Swords of Rage
Stranger Things
Theatre of magic
Scared Stiff

Thank you very much 🙏
JP2- 2.5k 😜

Is this the right place to ask about 'how much is this table worth thread' or another thread on "a price crash is a coming", or "moan about prices", or "we are all going to be living under a bridge"?
No, this is the place to solicit offers on a machine you're going to sell, without having to make a For Sale Thread.

"Thinking of selling my X, how much is it worth?" - followed by numerous inbox emails no doubt.

But then again, where are you meant to get a valuation of your machine?

People have been saying this literally since I got into pins …. 20 years ago 😂

There has to be a ceiling though, and the world in general does feel more ****ed then I ever remember in my life so anything could happen.

I might open a beer 😬😂
I was just browsing Pinside and saw this thread....started 10 years ago.
Screenshot_20220523-185147~2.png

No, this is the place to solicit offers on a machine you're going to sell, without having to make a For Sale Thread.

"Thinking of selling my X, how much is it worth?" - followed by numerous inbox emails no doubt.

But then again, where are you meant to get a valuation of your machine?

Yep. We always acknowledged that could happen but never predicted the current market. The aim was to stop all the other threads asking for speculation on pricing.

Apologies all; didn't intend to stir up another debate on pricing in general!

Personally my fear is that I move on my MET Pro and can't find a Premium or even another Pro later down the line for reasonable money. There's always the temporary swap route of course, but my ultimate goal one day is to own a MET Premium or LE after experiencing 1 or 2 other machines at home first (playing the field a bit before settling down if you will...😉)

What's a good price for a players SouthPark these days? (cabinet button wear etc..) £3400? or is that too much?

I personally don’t care whether with or without, and it wouldn’t affect value in my eyes but I guess some purists would say it does.

It will only get worse..
Recession hits.. STERN only make 1000 of a game as people can’t afford it.

Recession ends, demand picks up and those games are the next JJP POTC, BBB etc.. 😂

Do skill posts really hurt the resale that much lol? Are all SouthParks in U.K. skill posts? Or some exist without?
I had one without. In fact I’m surprised there were any with ? … I thought that was post Sega (no pun intended) 🤔 I know this was last Sega so maybe . Just always associated them with early 2000 Sterns but could be because didn’t see as many pins in the wild at that time. Sold on here for 1700 (I think) in 2019

How much should I pay for "Junkyard" in outstanding condition? That was the term used by seller, and the pictures seems to back it up.

Junkyard - I think a really nice was was about 3k a few years ago. Though they were changing hands for a fairly normal one around 2.2k, at the moment.. Max 4k I imagine.

How much should I pay for "Junkyard" in outstanding condition? That was the term used by seller, and the pictures seems to back it up.
I’ve seen the ad, think he said he’s had it 10 years or so. It reads like it’s been his only machine so his experience of what outstanding condition is might be limited…..

I’ve seen the ad, think he said he’s had it 10 years or so. It reads like it’s been his only machine so his experience of what outstanding condition is might be limited…..
I also contacted him. He mentioned that he has been collecting pinballs for 20 years, and that's his wife's machine.

The negotiation with him turned sour, when I asked him relevant questions that he did not like. His description allowed reasonable offers, but he changed his mind arbitrarily, and would not accept any offers near the end of our negotiation.

He lost it when I pointed out that he was contradicting himself, and that it was a bit confusing. He went berserk when I sent him the Pinball Info link about price advice. He blocked me up after that :D

I sort of warmed to JY when I had one but its a B title at best. Got some nice humour. Great event pin as f all to go wrong with it and approachable for the newbie

He lost it when I pointed out that he was contradicting himself, and that it was a bit confusing. He went berserk when I sent him the Pinball Info link about price advice. He blocked me up after that :D

That was kind of him, after losing his temper. To compensate, as it were. What did he actually give you, Purple Hearts?

That was kind of him, after losing his temper. To compensate, as it were. What did he actually give you, Purple Hearts?

To be a bit more detailed, he finished his last reply by ordering me not to write to him anymore. I could not help myself, I then sent him the instructions on how to block me.

I thought that I was nice to him, as I really wanted to buy his JY. I am aware that I ask a lot of questions before buying, but that seems a reasonable thing to do when you are about to spend thousands of pounds on something. He finally lost me after calling me a bastard, after I genuinely congratulated him about making a tidy profit for the sale of his machine.

I should learn to quit a conversation when a seller use "Thanks but no thanks" as it's only reply to an offer. Almost all of them end badly when I push for more details.

Looking for a valuation for my 'Corvette'. Really nice condition. Not played it at all this year so time to make some space.

Back
Top Bottom