What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

What's everyone's view on what a Metallica Pro (with shaker motor installed) is worth at the moment and also how much a Metallica Premium is worth? (I realise would depend on condition)
I love the game (and the band!...) so much, at some point I'd like to sell my Pro and get a Premium - or trade up towards a premium (I know the ball lock slows down play a little, but I can handle that)
Would be tough not having a Metallica in my life for a bit, but I'm guessing selling and putting a wanted ad for a Premium would be the way to go, rather than counting on a Premium owner wanting to replace with a Pro.
Cheers
I’ve just sold 2 of my pins privately to another pinhead I got what I asked for and the money was immediately in my account, however getting something to replace it is another matter albeit they lower end pins the ones I’m asking for they holding onto in fear of not replacing or out of my realistic budget for older titles but that’s just IMO so don’t string me up please.

I’ve just sold 2 of my pins privately to another pinhead I got what I asked for and the money was immediately in my account, however getting something to replace it is another matter albeit they lower end pins the ones I’m asking for they holding onto in fear of not replacing or out of my realistic budget for older titles but that’s just IMO so don’t string me up please.
Thanks Col - I think the best thing for me would be to carry on enjoying my pro whilst I save up the extra I'd need to fund a Premium, then sell the pro and begin the potentially long waiting game for a Premium or LE with Cash waiting.
There's always the risk then of course of seeing something else come along to fill the gap!.. (wouldn't mind a Batman'66 though expensive or a TWD Prem) ; that's the problem when you only have space for one:)

Thanks Col - I think the best thing for me would be to carry on enjoying my pro whilst I save up the extra I'd need to fund a Premium, then sell the pro and begin the potentially long waiting game for a Premium or LE with Cash waiting.
There's always the risk then of course of seeing something else come along to fill the gap!.. (wouldn't mind a Batman'66 though expensive or a TWD Prem) ; that's the problem when you only have space for one:)
Just an update, as Gonzo was kind enough to give mention on last nights pod (cheers @Gonzo ; cracking pod as always). I'm going to put my Met Pro up for trade (prob in a few week's time when back from honeymoon), so that I can enjoy a different pin for a bit before cracking on later down the line with my search for a MET Premium:thumbs:

I’m so lost with current pricing.

What would be a reasonable trade be for a SOR LE with a topper? Is it roughly worth a newer stern premium without a topper?

I’d say it’s one of the lesser sought after big screen games but then has one of the most sought after toppers.

I’m struggling to put a value on it with. I’ve just got no feel for where it would fall at the moment. I could easily be out by a value for +/- £1500 or more which is just crazy.

I sold mine for 8k with the topper before lockdown and I guess it’s got to be around 10k what with the price increase and the state of the market.
If in doubt do a Dutch auction or see what Williams are offering to give you an idea as lately it’s anyones guess and I am probs way off.
I have just sold my low play Mando Le for 10.5 privately and although was loaded didn’t have the best topper ever made on it like yours has.

I’m so lost with current pricing.

What would be a reasonable trade be for a SOR LE with a topper? Is it roughly worth a newer stern premium without a topper?

I’d say it’s one of the lesser sought after big screen games but then has one of the most sought after toppers.

I’m struggling to put a value on it with. I’ve just got no feel for where it would fall at the moment. I could easily be out by a value for +/- £1500 or more which is just crazy.

I got literally F all interest in mine. I had a premium no topper and went for £6500 in the end.

It's definitely a hard pin to sell/value. I lost money on mine. The topper definitely adds value though despite what some people think/say on here.

Thanks for the feedback. Guessing there’s a 3.5k grey area then depending on the value of the topper. 😱

This is pretty much a perfect example of why I’ve given up buying and selling anything as I’ve lost all my reference points. It’s crazy times. Great as the topper is can a topper really be worth more than 90% of the games I’ve ever bought?

Thanks again for the estimates.

John

Any thoughts on how much I’d be likely to pay for any of the below in todays market? Assuming I could find them for sale of course…

NGG
IJ (Williams)
RCT
BBH
DI LE
Wonka LE

Given that I’ll soon have more space than pins for the first time in well over a decade I’m curious. I know RCT is a bit **** but I’ve always fancied one for sentimental reasons, I’m a huge fan of the first two games.

I have no idea on the others, but I would have thought Big Buck Hunter would be between £2,500 - £3,000 at the moment, maybe at the higher end given Wheel of Fortune is £3k.

It’s a great game, but they don’t come up often.

I assume RCT is Rollercoaster Tycoon?

I would have thought that is also in the £2,500 - £3,000 area.

I have no idea on the others, but I would have thought Big Buck Hunter would be between £2,500 - £3,000 at the moment, maybe at the higher end given Wheel of Fortune is £3k.

It’s a great game, but they don’t come up often.

Thanks - I played one years ago and really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Iron Man but with a more interesting central toy and a much weirder theme.

If you‘re ever considering moving yours on in the future please get in touch, I’d love to have one for a while.

I assume RCT is Rollacoater Tycoon?

I would have thought that is also in the £2,500 - £3,000 area.

Yup, that’s the one. Almost embarrassed to include that in the list but the heart wants what the heart wants!

If you‘re ever considering moving yours on in the future please get in touch, I’d love to have one for a while.

It’s a great game, maybe my favourite! The theme for me makes it, as I live the video game.

I have sold it once and regretted it immediately, so when I got it back, I said that would stay unless I am getting out of the hobby. Plus, I promised Big Phil first dibs when he sold it back to me.

I have seen two come up in the last year, but I think they are rare.

It’s a great game, maybe my favourite! The theme for me makes it, as I live the video game.

I have sold it once and regretted it immediately, so when I got it back, I said that would stay unless I am getting out of the hobby. Plus, I promised Big Phil first dibs when he sold it back to me.

I have seen two come up in the last year, but I think they are rare.

Ah no worries, worth a shot! If anything changes and Big Phil refuses first dibs do let me know. Could always talk a temp trade in the future if you don’t want to sell but fancy a change, but no probs if that isn’t of interest.

Any thoughts on how much I’d be likely to pay for any of the below in todays market? Assuming I could find them for sale of course…

NGG
IJ (Williams)
RCT
BBH
DI LE
Wonka LE

Given that I’ll soon have more space than pins for the first time in well over a decade I’m curious. I know RCT is a bit **** but I’ve always fancied one for sentimental reasons, I’m a huge fan of the first two games.

worth 4K but suspect you’ll have to pay 6K
7K probably worth 6K
dont botherk

Think Neil has seriously undervalued some of those in todays market.

I sold my IJ about 10 years ago for over 3k. No way would it only go for 4K now. Dreadful game though. (Really wanted to love it).

BBH must be about 3k now. RCT must be 2.5 or above.

Is any DMD game now under 2k? Much as I wish they were. I’d suspect even 24 or CSI would now be 2.5 to 3k.

What’s a Stern T3 worth these days?
I've run the numbers, £5100 apparently.

Screenshot_20220522-093850~2.png

Morning all, to manage my expectations for when I offer a MET Pro up for trade soon, I'd like to get a feel for which machines would be a relatively close straight trade and which ones would likely require me putting cash on top of my machine.
What would you suggest the value of the following are currently?

Dialed In (saw above estimate for an LE, is the standard lacking without the ramp lights?; is the rest of the lighting the same?

Walking Dead (pro/Prem)
Stern JP2
Oktoberfest
Iron Maiden
Dark Knight
Monster Bash (og/remake)
AFM (og/remake)
Revenge from mars (w/lcd conversion)
BK: Swords of Rage
Stranger Things
Theatre of magic
Scared Stiff

Thank you very much 🙏

Last edited:
Rough figures:

Stern JP2 - £1500
Oktoberfest - close trade
Iron Maiden - £1-2k
Dark Knight - £1k+ your way
Monster Bash (og/remake) - £2k+
AFM (og/remake) - £2k+
Revenge from mars (w/lcd conversion) - £1500+ your way
BK: Swords of Rage - £500-1k
Stranger Things - £1500-2k
Theatre of magic - £2k+
Scared Stiff - £2k+

Rough figures:

Stern JP2 - £1500
Oktoberfest - close trade
Iron Maiden - £1-2k
Dark Knight - £1k+ your way
Monster Bash (og/remake) - £2k+
AFM (og/remake) - £2k+
Revenge from mars (w/lcd conversion) - £1500+ your way
BK: Swords of Rage - £500-1k
Stranger Things - £1500-2k
Theatre of magic - £2k+
Scared Stiff - £2k+
Thanks very much!

Blimey; so Revenge from Mars are circa £4k these days?; Madness 😱 - very fun game regardless 👍

It’ll all come crashing down I think, apart from select titles to a lesser extent. The pricing is simly not sustainable and built on very flimsy foundations….
Just my thought and could be talking complete b*llocks…..
Que sera sera🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom