What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a Black Knight Premium (SOR) or GOTG Pro would go for on the used market? I'm setting a budget aside for one and need to know a rough price range for each. Many thanks in advance.

BK:SOR premium is trickery to price as not a lot of them about but I’d say £7500 there are lots of LEs a few have gone for 8250 upwards.

GOTG is probably £5k maybe slightly more as again not a lot of them around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Addams and TOM both 4K games but some suckers will pay a lot more for both.

BK:SOR premium is trickery to price as not a lot of them about but I’d say £7500 there are lots of LEs a few have gone for 8250 upwards.

GOTG is probably £5k maybe slightly more as again not a lot of them around.

Cool, thanks.

Addams and TOM both 4K games but some suckers will pay a lot more for both.

Opinion with a judgement. Neil thinks that is a sensible price but the market doesn’t always agree.
I would be an sucker to try to sell my machine for less than it might be worth just on few opinions.

TOM would probably fetch around £6k in this climate.

Opinion with a judgement. Neil thinks that is a sensible price but the market doesn’t always agree.
I would be an sucker to try to sell my machine for less than it might be worth just on few opinions.
And the market hasn't agreed with Neil on TOM and TAF for a number of years. You'd get your hand bitten off at £4k!

Agreed.
It is hard to say how to trust an evaluation and what makes someone an expert or not.
But if folks quote what they “think” a machine is worth purely on opinion and not what a machine would actually go for then we are not helping people out.

I would love my TAF to be worth £10k but if I am being realistic it is currently likely to be sensible sold for £4-£4.5k based on condition and what else is out there. (Shop log due later in the year for the revamp)

TOM is not on my want list so I would not pay £6k for it but can see a minty one may well sell for that. So my advice would be to put it up for that price and see who buys.

My TOM was less than 4K.. but if you folk want to go out and spend more money knock yourselves out.

I couldn't disagree more on your second point - I'm helping people out because at some point this bubble is bursting and I wouldn't like to be encouraging people to pay more than what a games value truly is.

Sorry Neil this bubble isn't bursting anytime soon and I don't think it will to be honest.

My TOM was less than 4K.. but if you folk want to go out and spend more money knock yourselves out.

I couldn't disagree more on your second point - I'm helping people out because at some point this bubble is bursting and I wouldn't like to be encouraging people to pay more than what a games value truly is.

I don’t believe you are trying to price fix but I am not convinced you are trying to help people avoid a bubble bursting either. Unless your way of helping is calling people suckers.

Your prices for certain games are below what games are selling for. You might say that is because they are over inflated but how do you decide what a games value is? This may be the actual prices, enough people are paying them and I don’t think it is just Fear Of Missing Out.

We see the same in many areas including classic cars. There are blips but I am not sure the bubbles ever really burst.

I look at what the value is and I decide based on what I'm willing to pay for it.

I own a classic LHD BMW M3, before I bought it I was told by "suckers" on a forum what it would cost to buy one. I paid almost 40% less than what was being quoted.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Neil.

Ok let’s get back to reality here is what I have sold recently
Taf gold replica super mint 10k
Taf very nice new playfield at some point new decals £7k
2 as is tafs 5k each
Tom full gold colour display nice restoration £7k
I have an as is Tom probably £5500 but nice
Bk3000 le with topper £8500
I have a gotg that I would sell next month with all the mods £5700 but I would say price a gotg standard between 5-5.5k
Hope that helps

You are conflating the act of an appraisal, with your opinion, with hunting and finding a bargain but only voicing an opinion on the bargain price. Then adding in insults.
Either way, your appraisals are not supported by folks who sell and buy games, both professionally and amateurs.
We don’t want anyone to be a sucker, we want to help them by giving accurate and factual guidance whether they be buying or selling. People are correcting your opinion but you are not taking the hint. Can I ask you do more diligent research and offer your appraisal factually. Opinions are allowed but voice them so they are clear.

I paid £4.5k for my TAF a few months ago. I'm happy with that price and if I happen to lose a couple of hundred when I come to sell, that's ok because I'm getting my use out of it.
Totally agree. Unless you are in business.
If you buy a pin you want,play it and enjoy it and make a loss when moving it on, I say that’s a price worth paying for the pleasure of owning it... if you make a profit then bonus.

I don’t believe you are trying to price fix but I am not convinced you are trying to help people avoid a bubble bursting either. Unless your way of helping is calling people suckers.

Your prices for certain games are below what games are selling for. You might say that is because they are over inflated but how do you decide what a games value is? This may be the actual prices, enough people are paying them and I don’t think it is just Fear Of Missing Out.

We see the same in many areas including classic cars. There are blips but I am not sure the bubbles ever really burst.

How does anyone decide what a games value is? Personal opinion, we're all allowed them. What I hate seeing is games for sale that I consider overpriced to then have comments of "GREAT PRICE" in the thread, when I consider it not to be. I just don't comment though nor do I overreach with the tools available to me.

You look at what they sell for, what the market range is based on condition, maybe add in personal recent experience and wrap it up.
This isn’t a “what I would pay for a machine I don’t want thread” but what is it worth. We all have opinions and that may give a range of values.
We are harming the community with under or over pricing.
The don’t post valuations because I don’t really buy and sell machines.

This is a great forum but it is going South.

It would be better if folk like @Calimori and @Neil McRae dialled-down their opinions.

The forum is approaching a point where it needs a yellow and red card system.

Warning then ban for a period to stop hotheads getting out of control and stirring things up unnecessarily.
To be fair, it’s just opinions at the end of the day. Unless it’s offensive (which it rarely is), I think the discussion on here fine (in my opinion). Plus, if we start handing out yellow cards, it is likely Neil will have more bookings than Vinnie Jones.

We have had a lot of flair ups lately. As an admin who helps run this site, I wanted to do something to encourage people to be civil so we don’t have to do heavy handed actions or lose more members.

I am more than happy to have people pm me if they feel I have crossed the line or support my actions and I will take it onboard.

I'm gonna speak up here. I'm sorry @Neil McRae , you do loads for this community, but you force your opinion into most thread like its fact. @cooldan, beloved long standing member lost his sh1t and then left because of you. You've recently offended long standing members Will, Matt, Sarge Grizz, all very tolerant people, like I consider myself, but now I'm done too.

Whilst you do lots for the community and domino hosts for children with learning difficulties and I really commend you for this, it doesn't make you an authority better than everyone else and that's how you like to portray yourself.

Now a mod @Calimori is trying to hint very clearly that you keep over stepping the mark but instead of perhaps taking the hint you double down with some bs about buying a car cheap because you're more clever than most people.

Well maybe you are but frankly its not winning you much affection here. Personally I'd like to see you take a few weeks off and see if the forum mojo returns because in my humble opinion you are the main reason its going down hill.

Interesting how history is written.

After allegedly receiving so many yellow cards I consulted VAR

VAR-meme.png

Hearing that long standing members are leaving because of me and not because they are hypocrites who moan about high prices but then sell at high prices has taken a heavy impact on my soul on that basis I will no longer post to the forum. I know MANY of you will cry into your glass of beer but I think its for the best.

I'd like to thank @Paul for running a great place (and I thought the classifieds were awesome btw :D ).

The laugh button is mightier than the sword.

Neil.

Interesting how history is written.

After allegedly receiving so many yellow cards I consulted VAR

View attachment 137469

Hearing that long standing members are leaving because of me and not because they are hypocrites who moan about high prices but then sell at high prices has taken a heavy impact on my soul on that basis I will no longer post to the forum. I know MANY of you will cry into your glass of beer but I think its for the best.

I'd like to thank @Paul for running a great place (and I thought the classifieds were awesome btw :D ).

The laugh button is mightier than the sword.

Neil.
You cannot go yet, I want to say ‘I told you so’ when the Mandalorian gets announced next week! 😂

Back
Top Bottom