What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

It’s a beautiful game with the lighted side rails and think it was the 1st of sterns with RGB lighting too if I’m not mistaken

Why do people always say this the one I sold to Phil didn’t sell instantly I was on the forum for a few days so everyone got the chance to buy it
St pro was struggling to make 4k nice huo a few months back

I think I was still obsessing over Jurassic Park at the time and it's one in one out pretty much, otherwise it's steam out the ears girlfriend

Why do people always say this the one I sold to Phil didn’t sell instantly I was on the forum for a few days so everyone got the chance to buy it
St pro was struggling to make 4k nice huo a few months back
Wanting one and having the funds/space to buy one sometimes don't marry up!! Its definitely on my wanted list alongside SM....and about 20 others!

I told him it was worth £6k to £7k - so he wants £7,250 😂 😂 😂

It is one owner, HUO and has <300 plays - so @Alpha1 has first dibs, but if anyone else is interested, let me know.

I am not making a penny out of this. Will pass on number if anyone wants it at that. I know the man, he will not budge on it now he has a price in his head, rightly or wrongly. You'd just be wasting your time, honestly.

Possibly @CHRIS B PINBALLS - you can lead a horse to water etc. etc.

Don’t shoot the messenger and all that. I’ve spoken to him, told him the feedback and that’s where his head is at. As I said, I’m not making a sausage out of it, so if he keeps it forever it makes no odds to me.

A mate of mine has this Skylab. It turns on and generally works but one of the flippers is weak. Obviously needs a bit of love and attention. Any idea on price? Anyone interested? He's in the Midlands.

1617885214040.png

1617885241447.png

1617885256873.png

1617885279952.png

1617885292951.png

Hi all,
long time no see!. So, i've decided that its time to move on two of my collection, and i have no idea what they're worth. hoping to get some guidance here!

#1. Theatre of magic.

This one was actually the first shop log ever started on this site, in fact, the shop log section was set up by Paul after a few of us suggested it. The log is still there. https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/theatre-of-magic-shop-log.1169/

That should give you all the information you'll ever need, as well as hundreds of photos of the restoration. The basic spec is this.

Cab.
redecalled.
repainted inside.
Earth braiding replaced (not sure i like the choice of earth cabling in hindsight. Dave the Taxman put me onto it. Takes HOURS, looks ok.
Cab protectors from new, so decals are perfect.
New switch and lamp matrix decal inside.
24k gold plated legs, lockdown rails and lockbar (not even refitted the rails and bar).
24k gold plated bolts.

transformer repainted and sorted.
Speakers upgraded
ColorDMD (LCD)

Boards.
All unhacked and original, with the exception of an auto eddy board for the trunk.
NVRAM fitted..

Playfield.

Restored to a very high level by Henrik Maurer at Pinball Dreams. I forget how much this cost, but it was a lot. It is pristine. Better than NOS.
All lamps replaced (i'm not a fan of LED's , so all original incandescents)
Ramps are both brand new. Unmarked.
Metal rails are 24k gold plated, as is the spirit ring.
Gold mirror at the rear of playfield.
All stainless guides are mirror polished.
Black Wooden playfield supports have been replaced with oiled oak equivalents (looks so much nicer).
Wiring looms cleaned, connectors replaced if necessary.
All mechinisms have been replated. Chrome (not polished)
Every nyloc nut replaced.
Every 1/4" screw replaced.

I'm sure there is more. I restored this with the intention of never selling it, and doing it to as high a level as i could manage. I think its good. It's been in my garage for the past few years, so dry and relatively warm. No issues reported with it. Still beautiful.

Here's a link to the pics of it today. I'm out of the loop on prices, but need to sell it to fund the next adventures!

Any ideas of what its worth?

The next one on the chopping block is my addams. Full details and pictures later, but heres a rundown.

Bought from fishbulb (Dave. from Weston). It had spent its life in an arcade in Weymouth apparently. It was knackered!

Cab.

Cab base replaced
redecalled with "gold" decals. Annoyingly, the hold for the start button was too big, which does niggle me, but no one else ever notices.
extra ball button fitted, as per gold edition.
24k gold plated legs, lockbar, rails, backbox hinges, bolts, shooter housing and coin door.
Backbox warning decal reapplied by replicas (well, i part ex'd my backbox with one he'd just done)
all boards are clean. One small trace repair to 5v regulator area of power driver board.
NVRAM fitted.
colorDMD (LCD)
PDI invisible glass (bought on a group buy here)

Playfield

Restored by Henrik Maurer. Once again, crazy money, but no one thought they'd ever get repro's done, so i bit the bullet.
New plastics.
All mech's replated. Knocker mech is fitted (that was a sod to find, they're often removed by op's to fit coin counters, and the addams one is not the usual knocker mech)
all 1/4" screws replaced.
all nylocs replaced.
every bulb is new
bookcase is the gold version.
pop bumpers are gold version (i think!)
all stainless guides are mirror polished.
every GI and lamp matrix socket is new.
ramps new
stainless ramp flaps fitted.
star posts are new.
Suffice to say, if it could wear out, its replaced. If it can look tatty, its new.

Only thing wrong with this one is that i broke one of the under playfield magnets. 20-9247. I was playing around with the idea of a resettable fuse in the magnet and broke the cardboard form, lots of copper coils everywhere and idiot looking me! I'll get one ordered at some point!
Also, i had the apron gold plated, but then never got round to getting a suitable decal made to put on it. I have some awesome vertors files i spent ages modifying to make use of the gold background, so easy to print one onto vinyl. Those files will obviously come with the machine.

So, once again, whats it worth? New adventures are calling and the Addams hasnt got the play it deserves!

Sounds like a super minty addams. I reckon in these trying times you're looking at 7k+, but it may take a while to shift it as there are a lot of great (and more modern) games for that kinda money.

yo peps i have a 1973 williams gulfstream in working order (1 broken rubber) just a rough idea will do thanks

Last edited:
Single player game. Condition makes a huge difference. State of backglass, extent of playfield wear, damage/ fade to cabinet ....

As a worker, 500 if tatty. Maybe 1k if a nice one

What are peoples thoughts on a fully working LW3 with today's prices?

I have owned it for 6 years and obviously worth more than I payed (£600 I remember)

Had a full playfield clean down when I fitted the Comet LED's last year.

Usual wear on side next to flippers but I think playfield is good.

Dave.

You’d have 10 buyers at 1400, still an easy sell at 1800( with your comets). Whether someone would pay more for a lw3 would have to depend on condition.

The price range is based on condition. A shed LW3 at 1400 will very likely sell on here but there won't be a queue imo

The price range is based on condition. A shed LW3 at 1400 will very likely sell on here but there won't be a queue imo
It's a tough one.

Someone local to me (5 miles) has put a ad for a machine on Pinball machines for sale uk on Facebook and this fits the bill of what he's after. But iv'e only sold my collection of over 20k worth due to other commitments and I only have this and Popeye left.

Williams Jolly - Joker project
C81E3C5A-454B-4D95-9BF6-2861554AA39F.jpeg
no back box last used in seventies , clear coat peeled in places but playfield complete

Attachments

• 3D62C49C-FF30-403E-B454-44D080522DEF.jpeg
    3D62C49C-FF30-403E-B454-44D080522DEF.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 33
  • D19EDE5D-78FE-45F5-9BF8-5A882576AF1E.jpeg
    D19EDE5D-78FE-45F5-9BF8-5A882576AF1E.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 32
a magic city em part machine sold for over £200 recently on ebay. that was pf and back box but no cab and it’s contents. magic city a bit more desirable theme.

for this less popular game i’d say £100-150 plus

unless you’ve got the matching back box!

Back
Top Bottom