What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Lots of down-to-the-wood wear on the genie magnet area as well as insert issues on the totan, and that's just what I can see from the crappy pic. The guy even says its cosmetically no good so i'd expect it to be hammered well beyond the norm.

Demo man would have worked better as a std size machine IMO, the conversion looked awesome though, lost the link, was it Dutch Pinball?

Lots of down-to-the-wood wear on the genie magnet area as well as insert issues on the totan, and that's just what I can see from the crappy pic. The guy even says its cosmetically no good so i'd expect it to be hammered well beyond the norm.
Which one? 2 listed, the BIN one or auction £2700?

Mint WH20 can be worth anything up to 4k, (think Phil at PH had uber mint ones up for circa 5.5k years ago) depends what you call mint, I have one with a brand new pf, clear ramps, plastics, nice original unfaded cab, polished metal work, lovely tweeks and upgrades by modman Stan, coloured post rubbers, legs etc etc, there is no way on earth you would get that for less than 3k+ not that I would sell it, one of my favs.

Which one? 2 listed, the BIN one or auction £2700?

The one going at auction (£2700) is the one that has uber serious playfield wear. The other 4K one (my old machine) also has playfield wear but most of it was touched up by me (that particular machine has a LOT of new parts)

The one going at auction (£2700) is the one that has uber serious playfield wear. The other 4K one (my old machine) also has playfield wear but most of it was touched up by me (that particular machine has a LOT of new parts)
I remember the 4k one, I turned my nose up at it for about £1100 from Eddie Mole, too much pf wear and other issues at the time, can't believe that it has a 4k price tag, now that is serious inflation.

Yeah, I bought it from Eddie at that £1100 price tag. It was buggered beyond belief at that time and I spent a fortune (approx £800) replacing a shedload of parts on it. I eventually swapped it for an IJ with Jonathan on here. Don't know what happened after Jonathan, but it ended up being offered by Marc Evans (rogerairplane on ebay) for 4K. At the very most at that time, it was worth £2500. Now, maybe £3200 on a good ebay day, but theres minimal chances of getting more than that imo.

Mint WH20 can be worth anything up to 4k, (think Phil at PH had uber mint ones up for circa 5.5k years ago) depends what you call mint, I have one with a brand new pf, clear ramps, plastics, nice original unfaded cab, polished metal work, lovely tweeks and upgrades by modman Stan, coloured post rubbers, legs etc etc, there is no way on earth you would get that for less than 3k+ not that I would sell it, one of my favs.
I am with you Dreads.
My one is the same and I would not let it go for anywhere less than 3.5k.
It must be the most expensive one to do (new everything) but its one of the best looking and playing machines when finished.
Just for the record PH never did any wh20 to the PH standard as Phil said that it was not worth doing because of the cost of all the parts.
Cracking game and if someone offered me 4k for mine I would turn it down (I think)

Cheers for the heads up on the PH machines, I agree totally with WH20 high refurb costs, the pf and ramp set alone would cost more than a whole machine about 2 years ago.

Yeah, I bought it from Eddie at that £1100 price tag. It was buggered beyond belief at that time and I spent a fortune (approx £800) replacing a shedload of parts on it. I eventually swapped it for an IJ with Jonathan on here. Don't know what happened after Jonathan, but it ended up being offered by Marc Evans (rogerairplane on ebay) for 4K. At the very most at that time, it was worth £2500. Now, maybe £3200 on a good ebay day, but theres minimal chances of getting more than that imo.
This machine just keeps getting moved, don't think I have ever seen a machine do the rounds so much, can't handle playfield wear and pf touchups as a rule (personal thing) so this was a non starter for me from the off.

Such a pretty machine when in A1 condition.
With the price its at now it might just be worth a playfield swap if any ever do get made. If it goes much higer then no way. Did someone say there was a hint of shilling happening on said auction ?

I saw some BNIB pf's for these on a European site about the same time as I was offered it for £1100 some years back, think the site was in Sweeden.

CPR did a preorder years ago and its now closed. I did manage to get my name on the list and they said a few months back they are in the queue to be made. Someday, i'm sure I will get an email asking if I still want it.

I am also still waiting for the call for mine.
Don't hold out much hope though.
Good job the playfield in my TOTAN is in pretty good condition.

Cheers for the heads up on the PH machines, I agree totally with WH20 high refurb costs, the pf and ramp set alone would cost more than a whole machine about 2 years ago.
On my white water I still have the original playfield
on my white water it's all original parts from factory all in good condition the only thing that might need changing on mine are the original flipper rubbers as there a bit dirty

Post some pics, any wear on the pf near the mine kickout hole?, ramps tend to go cloudy also, boulder takes a bashing, divot in upper mini pf where ball is fired over and general outline around some of the inserts, that would make for an average WH20, I am on number 3, all original playfields and none of them were anything special from a wear point of view.

Post some pics, any wear on the pf near the mine kickout hole?, ramps tend to go cloudy also, boulder takes a bashing, divot in upper mini pf where ball is fired over and general outline around some of the inserts, that would make for an average WH20, I am on number 3, all original playfields and none of them were anything special from a wear point of view.
It's down my parents house next time I go down there I'll take some pics of it

It's down my parents house next time I go down there I'll take some pics of it
Will be interesting to see a original minty wh20 as not many survived the arcade bashing that they got. A great fun game that did very well when it was relesed back in 93, most got played to death and there were not many that got rescued early from the arcades to have a home life back then.

WH20 is a CLASSIC. The playfield design is second to none. The rules at first may not seem that deep but there is plenty of strategy to playing it, different ways to approach it which keeps interest up. And those ramps, oh those glorious ramps :D

Speaking of wh2o......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385290018.856634.jpg

I take it you are building a WH20 from scratch and these are the bits you have accumulated so far, I think I have a few pop bumper assemblies, some used clear ramps and a few mountain sections spare, maybe some other members can chip in so that we can get this baby built by xmas ;)

my only gripe at White Water is that there is no ball saver, but since the home ROMs apparently have one, i'd have one of these like a shot. i remember about 18 months ago, WH2O was all the rage, everyone wanted one and everyone talked about it non stop. maybe it was because Dennis Nordman was about to/had just come over for the Daventry pin show. then it was Dracula for a bit. not sure what the pin of the moment is, maybe Iron Man as that seems to be getting plenty of love

my only gripe at White Water is that there is no ball saver, but since the home ROMs apparently have one, i'd have one of these like a shot.

There is but only the weak would employ it ;) Seriously - it's not good because it opens up a gameplay loophole in that you can plunge the ball onto the mini playfield, let it feed to the inlane to collect a 'River' letter - crucial for getting to River Class 6 - then let the ball drain , rinse and repeat :rolleyes:

Cool, so I could do that 30times in a row to get class 6 river? Nice. Can I exploit that in a tourney?

No I think the Saver will time out after a while ....not entirely sure as I never have the Saver activated ..... but you can certainly get a few, also means you can have muliple attempts at the skill shot, which is BS. And it wouldn't be cool because you haven't really achieved it ....you're just cheating yrself Dan :p

Back
Top Bottom