What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I love all my pinball machines to be super mint, but the other thing you have to factor in, is the amount of time it takes.

I bought my Indy had a few games on it, then it was out of action five months while it was fully restored. Absolutely worth it, but you have to have the patience.

Due to the pandemic lockdowns it was nearly two years before I got my Totan back fully restored.

So I can understand why people would be prepared to pay the premium for machines that are already fully restored and ready to be enjoyed. It not just the all the money that's been invested in parts, it's the huge amount of time it takes to do it well.

Last edited:
I love all my pinball machines to be super mint, but the other thing you have to factor in is the time it takes. I bought my Indy had a few games on it, then it was out of action five months while it was fully restored. Absolutely worth it, but you have to have the patience. Due to the pandemic lockdowns it was nearly two years before I got it back fully restored. So I can understand why people would be prepared to pay the premium for machines that are already fully restored and ready to be enjoyed. It not just the all the money that's been invested in parts in the huge amount of time it takes to do it well.
Totally agree, even a basic restore that I've been doing is at least 150 hours god knows how much time it would take doing a super mint one, I suppose it's less with experience

Remember the bitcoin money guys. This is filtering into all manner of luxury purchases like cars, houses, rolexes ....

A small but significant number of folk have made serious, serious windfalls in the past few years. These guys buy London houses for cash on a whim.

A uni mate of mine has made many, many millions out of bitcoin. He sold half of his stash and just retired.

Even of the other half becomes worthless, he is covered for life with the "normal" investments that he rolled his realised bitcoin into
You would be a bit miffed if you bought bitcoins a month ago for 65k now trading today at 35k

I love all my pinball machines to be super mint, but the other thing you have to factor in, is the amount of time it takes.

I bought my Indy had a few games on it, then it was out of action five months while it was fully restored. Absolutely worth it, but you have to have the patience.

Due to the pandemic lockdowns it was nearly two years before I got my Totan back fully restored.

So I can understand why people would be prepared to pay the premium for machines that are already fully restored and ready to be enjoyed. It not just the all the money that's been invested in parts, it's the huge amount of time it takes to do it well.
agreed. i can only really speak for bally ss machines. buy a non working project, ok title is £1k min today. a bit of repair and refurb, fully working £1,500+. probably spent a few £100’s. spend another £2k on new playfield, plastics, all upper playfield bits, backglass, stencil set, paint, legs, etc etc. £3,500 maybe more, but there ain’t any money in it for your time spent. whoever buys is getting all the work done for free. if you added on time costs then it’s another£2-3k, but market won’t stand that.

I'll tell you what a 'Pinball Moment' is.

Ordering some grub from Deliveroo and deciding to have a game or two of Ghostbusters whilst waiting for the delivery (the pin is in the hall next to the front door).

I started having a really good game and got up to 1.5b on the second ball and then the door bell rang. I trapped the ball on the right flipper, switched hands so as my left hand was on the right flipper button. I then opened the door, took custody of the pizza, placed it on the floor, switched hands and resumed play.

I flipped the ball up the playfield only to see it return swiftly between the flippers. A true pinball moment.

View attachment 158409
Lol the diagram totally would not of followed without it :D

View attachment 158411

Is that how tall you think you are mate 😂😉

Hold on a second Andy.

Surely the ridiculously long right arm and lack of a nob are far more concerning than the height adjustment? Also you'll notice that the delivery lady has her hands inside my pizza box (completely unacceptable).

Anyway, I'll have you know that I'm currently taller than most of my children and the bloke who collects the trolleys in Tesco car park. Also. . . . I'm taller than Brian Blessed which has to mean something.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 15.13.37.png

That looks like social distancing to me... "Ugh! The Covids! I ain't goin' no closer!"

agreed. i can only really speak for bally ss machines. buy a non working project, ok title is £1k min today. a bit of repair and refurb, fully working £1,500+. probably spent a few £100’s. spend another £2k on new playfield, plastics, all upper playfield bits, backglass, stencil set, paint, legs, etc etc. £3,500 maybe more, but there ain’t any money in it for your time spent. whoever buys is getting all the work done for free. if you added on time costs then it’s another£2-3k, but market won’t stand that.
Totally agree with this, the hours it takes equals £££ that will not be recouped.

whats a bally Harley Davidson worth and a shadow Harleys got a faulty display and shadow nice condition but missing parts inc all the pcbs and the gun ball shooter

I reckon in todays barmy prices a working Harley Davidson is gonna be £1k. So take off a new display it’ll probably be about £800.

As for Shadow. Maybe £1300. Probably got that again in boards maybe more. Not so sure on that one.

Looking for a valuation on my Stern Elvis Presley please as considering selling so I can buy a TZ.

Cabinet in good condition but with quite a few marks here and there. Has leg and flipper button protectors fitted. Playfield and plastics excellent - nothing worn or broken. LEDs throughout. Pinsound board fitted with 3 different sound packages loaded up including the original one and a Christmas one. Colour DMD. LED speaker inserts. Upgraded (New Forest Pinball) backbox and cabinet speakers. LED colour changing topper. Mirror blades.

Apologies if some of photos are a bit naff but not enough room in my games room to get playfield glass completely off!

Thanks

Andy

Still looking for ideas/opinions on price for my Elvis Presley please.

Updated with a video - playing my custom sound package via PinSound.

Apologies for quality of video but had to compress to upload.

Thanks

Andy

Thanks

Andy
View attachment 158451

I've never even seen one of these. That looks pretty cool and does sound great

Thanks

Andy
View attachment 158451
I played this one at a show in 2017 and commented how nice it was, I really enjoyed playing it and it's a favourite on my VPin.

Like Chris B said just skimming the last few pages of this thread it does seem like it has become the unofficial For Sale thread, never seen so many pictures when asking what a Pin is worth.

Isn't an Elvis like 3000-3400? I guess add a bit for the Pinsound or remove it.
If I could find one for that price I would snap it up.

Looking at the vid, that's in great condition, they tend to go for about £5k however there is a big debate about it being a £5k game.

It's a machine I want, would I part with £5k for that one yes, however I have one in only and LOTR is a keeper for at least another year 😉

You might do better outside the forum with Elvis collectors, they rarely come up for sale. One did sell on here from memory near the £5k mark but I might be wrong.

I've never even seen one of these. That looks pretty cool and does sound great
It's my all time high score record holder on site so a little attached to the gameplay, I think nearly 2billion with wizard mode completed. It's pretty simple but quite fun. The hound dog sling shot from the top right flipper is a pain the timing is anoying. I could unlock all the records easily except that one.

It's my all time high score record holder on site so a little attached to the gameplay, I think nearly 2billion with wizard mode completed. It's pretty simple but quite fun. The hound dog sling shot from the top right flipper is a pain the timing is anoying. I could unlock all the records easily except that one.
They used to have it in an arcade on Oxford street

Back
Top Bottom