What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

After waiting a while for a project I'm considering a Kings of Steel - what would one go for in the current market - project machine, likely a busted board (but with a spare included), backglass good?
I think Neil’s estimate is good or possibly even lower I bought a project fire for £300 last year and to be honest if he hadn’t taken in I would not have been bothered it did turn on and work
What you have to remember is that game like most in that era is never going to be worth a lot of money probably maximum £1500 on a good day fully working and in nice condition
If it does have board damage and you are not experienced in repairs then that will get expensive also if it has a battery damaged cpu then you can practically write the game off
I would suspect you would spend a lot of money on it only to be left with an average players game that when you do come to sell it you will lose a fair chunk of cash
I think a lot of these older games are massively overpriced and there just isn’t the buyer s wanting them
Neil has a stern game up for sale with a new playfield at £1500 and it’s still for sale
Alan j did an amazing job on a golden balls new back glass stencils done on the cab lots of time and effort gone in to it but struggled to sell it

7.5k for a premium is probably about right, the code is phenomenal, one of the best coded games out there but the layout is terrible and there continues to be more and more lcd screen games that have both amazing code and amazing layouts for a grand or 2 more.

oh what did I miss, what I get for waking up at 10pm :(
My IPad Pro couldn’t fit it all on one screen shot so just handed it to my mrs to read, proper rant with no mention of Womble but the other word was.
We can all get angry sometimes over people comments, I normally write it all out then delete just before posting😂

After waiting a while for a project I'm considering a Kings of Steel - what would one go for in the current market - project machine, likely a busted board (but with a spare included), backglass good?
£800+. maybe even £1k in current market. it’s not a popular bally ss title but the good news is it uses the std bally ss boardset so easy and cheap to fix. mpu will be repairable or if not under £200 for a brand new or £120ish for a working original. all working it’s £1400-£1600. never going to be a valuable machine like the popular bally ss titles, but a good first pin for someone. check the cab art is ok as no stencils or decals are available for it.

What is a very modern LCD Pro worth now that NIB prices have jumped a grand? Deadpool, Jurassic Park, AIQ, Mando, Stranger Things, Maiden etc? Newer games second hand were 5500 ish for ages but I can't see too many coming up at that money now.

I suspect 6k is now the entry price 😱

Would Munsters and Aerosmith be a bit lower at 5-5.5k?

Spooky/American games maybe around the 5k mark.

Generally depressing amounts 😢

i think everyone forgets that pricing is subjective. buyer will value lower, seller values higher. different folk value differently for millions of reasons. neil, imho, values and, important point: sells machines, lower.

some folk are out of touch with the current market.

prices are generally lower here than anywhere else.

there is a trade price, a retail price, a street price.

prices change all the time.

two identical machines will sell in the same market at about the same time for different prices. (why, because the first sale takes one buyer out of the market, possibly reducing demand for the second machine. on the other hand, buyers often pass on the first to price check and then all want the remaining one, forcing the price up).

supply and demand dictates the price.

i like to see a healthy discussion and opinions on price in the “how much is this table worth” thread. i don’t like to see it on some else’s “for sale” thread. PM someone with some friendly advice if you think it’s too cheap or overpriced.

I agree entry level 6k to 6.5k
With new games probably £7495 now then it’s still 1k hit
Same as last year when they where £6500 second hand around £5500

i think everyone forgets that pricing is subjective. buyer will value lower, seller values higher. different folk value differently for millions of reasons. neil, imho, values and, important point: sells machines, lower.

some folk are out of touch with the current market.

prices are generally lower here than anywhere else.

there is a trade price, a retail price, a street price.

prices change all the time.

two identical machines will sell in the same market at about the same time for different prices. (why, because the first sale takes one buyer out of the market, possibly reducing demand for the second machine. on the other hand, buyers often pass on the first to price check and then all want the remaining one, forcing the price up).

supply and demand dictates the price.

i like to see a healthy discussion and opinions on price in the “how much is this table worth” thread. i don’t like to see it on some else’s “for sale” thread. PM someone with some friendly advice if you think it’s too cheap or overpriced.
Mostly agree but you do still see the occasional ok stuff on e bay like the bm66 I bought what did surprise me was the amount of **** take offers the guy was given from people on here when it was already a good price
The Wh20 on e bay around Christmas for bids that finished at £3200 bargain considering that they where fetching £4500 on here

Hey,

I know the question about IJ above has just been asked. What do you guys think about this one? Gold plated armour, Pinsound, colordmd, new decals, perfect playfield.

Thanks,

Rich
A top end one goes for about £8k having seen and played one fairly recently that was bought for around that. If it's done well it's pretty stunning. The 8k end is a super mint restore job, better than factory.

That hammer on Metallica has to be one of the best toys ever. Also, I find the term 'pinball moment' unacceptably cringey but that grave marker startup is exactly that

I'll tell you what a 'Pinball Moment' is.

Ordering some grub from Deliveroo and deciding to have a game or two of Ghostbusters whilst waiting for the delivery (the pin is in the hall next to the front door).

I started having a really good game and got up to 1.5b on the second ball and then the door bell rang. I trapped the ball on the right flipper, switched hands so as my left hand was on the right flipper button. I then opened the door, took custody of the pizza, placed it on the floor, switched hands and resumed play.

I flipped the ball up the playfield only to see it return swiftly between the flippers. A true pinball moment.

Untitled.png

A top end one goes for about £8k having seen and played one fairly recently that was bought for around that. If it's done well it's pretty stunning. The 8k end is a super mint restore job, better than factory.
Trouble is that a Tom at 8k even though mint you have a limited market particularly on here when you can buy something like Spencer’s at £5500 and have £2500 in your pocket

I'll tell you what a 'Pinball Moment' is.

Ordering some grub from Deliveroo and deciding to have a game or two of Ghostbusters whilst waiting for the delivery (the pin is in the hall next to the front door).

I started having a really good game and got up to 1.5b on the second ball and then the door bell rang. I trapped the ball on the right flipper, switched hands so as my left hand was on the right flipper button. I then opened the door, took custody of the pizza, placed it on the floor, switched hands and resumed play.

I flipped the ball up the playfield only to see it return swiftly between the flippers. A true pinball moment.

View attachment 158409

The diagram ffs 😂. When I had Ghostbusters, I was in the middle of a particularly good game when my phone rang, Gf wanted to chat about something. I trapped the ball on the right flipper and chatted away for 5 minutes. Hung up the phone and almost immediately a node board blew. Phone call cost about 250 quid

^thibk he was on about IJ not TOM
Ah but I would say the same for Indy or any super mint pins that come up for sale
I have done many super mint restoration s but it’s very rare I put them on here as most people don’t want to pay the extra for super mint I did put my jm up for sale on here super mint with all the tech for 5k with no interest
My super mint whirlwind I sold for 4k I didn’t list on here as I just know no one would want to pay 4k for a whirlwind

Ah but I would say the same for Indy or any super mint pins that come up for sale
I have done many super mint restoration s but it’s very rare I put them on here as most people don’t want to pay the extra for super mint I did put my jm up for sale on here super mint with all the tech for 5k with no interest
My super mint whirlwind I sold for 4k I didn’t list on here as I just know no one would want to pay 4k for a whirlwind
On here personally I think prices are a little skewed, I love your work having seen some of it. I thought the JM was worth every penny. I haven't played JM since it came out but don't remember liking the game that much, but that's a personal opinion regarding the game itself. On here it might not go due to the forum community spirit of keeping prices grounded (low) in the real world I personally think its a little different. I would guess the limited edition fully modded LOTR is between 6k and £7k maybe more. I know that the ij I've seen was almost sold again for 8k. So twice in a year ish would assume the value is about right. I think some deals are probably done via pm to avoid the you've overpaid because I bought one for X amount 20 years ago. 😉 CV that recently sold via pm springs to mind. The reality is it's a niche market, if I was desperate for a particular machine and had the cash I would probably pay more for a mint one, especially a Williams that tended to be on sites and would probably end up costing the same when you factor in parts and time fixing them 😃. The reality is your almost always going to loose some money on machine if you factor in either overpaying slightly for a mint one or getting a cheaper one and spending money fixing. I think this problem becomes less so with newer machines.

Remember the bitcoin money guys. This is filtering into all manner of luxury purchases like cars, houses, rolexes ....

A small but significant number of folk have made serious, serious windfalls in the past few years. These guys buy London houses for cash on a whim.

A uni mate of mine has made many, many millions out of bitcoin. He sold half of his stash and just retired.

Even of the other half becomes worthless, he is covered for life with the "normal" investments that he rolled his realised bitcoin into

Back
Top Bottom