What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flip Out London WPPR Machine Pinball Festival

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Those coming on Saturday for the matchplay tournament can now add themselves to the tournament here:

this will help speed things up on the day.

What's the story for latecomers? I've a funeral to get to first, any point still coming?

EDIT: I assume the normal applies, you miss out on rounds and have to play catch-up!

Last edited:
Those coming on Saturday for the matchplay tournament can now add themselves to the tournament here:

this will help speed things up on the day.

Just out of interest, how do you pick the arenas? I ask because last time I came RS was screwed and would sometimes reset when you hit both flippers.
Do the games have to be working well but small faults are ok as its a level playing field?

Is there a pre-registration process for the ‘Blind Best Of” on Sunday?

We now have grandparents looking after our ‘Pi-Bo Wizard’ for the day, but plan to bring our ‘Large Lad’ with us.

Is there a pre-registration process for the ‘Blind Best Of” on Sunday?

We now have grandparents looking after our ‘Pi-Bo Wizard’ for the day, but plan to bring our ‘Large Lad’ with us.
No pre-registration required, just turn up and play. All 10 qualifying games need to be completed by 4pm.

No pre-registration required, just turn up and play. All 10 qualifying games need to be completed by 4pm.
What time are the results announced? I want to let the grandparents know when the Pi-Bo Wizard will be picked up! 👶

Just out of interest, how do you pick the arenas? I ask because last time I came RS was screwed and would sometimes reset when you hit both flippers.
Do the games have to be working well but small faults are ok as its a level playing field?

I've picked the games that I think are working ok. I'll be testing them all before you arrive though. Some are going to change already based on last nights league.

Neil.

What's the story for latecomers? I've a funeral to get to first, any point still coming?

EDIT: I assume the normal applies, you miss out on rounds and have to play catch-up!

yup thats it! :D

I have managed to book parking on justpark.com - booked a space on someone's driveway from 9am til late for £6. It's 5min walk from Flip Out - worth checking if anyone else is still looking for parking spaces.
Not impressed with this today - when we arrived at the driveway this morning, it was full. I knocked on the owners door and she said she hadn't received any notification from Just Park about my booking or any funds, and said I should contact them for a refund. Fortunately there was space on the road but it was very frustrating. Hoping I can get my money back!

Not impressed with this today - when we arrived at the driveway this morning, it was full. I knocked on the owners door and she said she hadn't received any notification from Just Park about my booking or any funds, and said I should contact them for a refund. Fortunately there was space on the road but it was very frustrating. Hoping I can get my money back!
I don't think you're the only ones, someone else definitely told me the same thing. Think it was @Tucks ?

assume you paid with a card? chargeback for the win.

IMG_4223.JPG

Epic day, apologies for overrunning! Congrats to Greg who won in style!

1,Greg Mott
2,Nick Marshall
3,David Tucker
4,Dan Lewell
5,Stan Simpson
5,Matt Vince
7,David Fowler UK
7,Yuen Aw
10,Leo Marshall
10,Nick Hamill
10,Rayne Passmore
10,Gene Aw
14,Thomas Calvert
14,Tim Thornton
14,Andrew Foster
14,Neil McRae
17,John Whitfield
17,Graham Swaffield
19,David Price
20,Clive Bush
21,Kevin Donovan,
22,Mark Johnson
23,Ben Pike,
24,Roy Smith
25,Lucy Vince
26,Dennis Osborne
27,Matt Peck
28,Rebecca Whitfield
29,Diane Bush
30,Tony Molloy
31,Jenette Passmore
31,Ashton Blyth
33,Jim King
34,David Bowery
34,Sarah Vince
36,Mike Parkins
37,Marc Gatward
38,Claire Lickman
39,Darron Smith
40,Ben Leigh
41,Sam McCourt (left early).

results have been submitted to IFPA!

Neil.

yeah I always think that also but it is how IFPA does ranking.

Thank you Neil for running today and Flip Out for hosting a fantastic day. Congratulations to all the winners!

Exhausted here but ready (hopefully!) for another great day tomorrow.

Could anyone please clarify for me - tomorrow after we choose our 10 pinballs to play (removing 5) - do we just play 1 game (only) on each before the deadline and this score gets recorded? (ie similar to Thursday night league?).

I don't think you're the only ones, someone else definitely told me the same thing. Think it was @Tucks ?

It was me, same issue. I've always been sweet with justpark but not impressed with this today, and to hear it was happening to others too... pretty amateur.

But hey ho, didn't ruin a great day. Really enjoyed playing, but also catching up with friends and meeting some new ones too. Thanks to all the hard work from the founders for putting on the show, dealing with stuck balls and turning off the free balls 🤣. A visibly huge effort. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom