What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flip Out London WPPR Machine Pinball Festival

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Cheers guys.

Yeah had 10mil going into ball 3 on maiden. Needed 200m to qualify.

Got to 197m but 10m bonus squeezed me past Stan. :clap:
Wow, well done Dan! and to think you were low enough to play in the same group as me at one point :rofl:

Thanks to Neil and anyone else involved with flip out and the comp. I played terribly the first half of the comp, the 3 cans of carling then relaxed me enough to claw my way back up to mid table though :D . After 5 rounds I was tied with Vin and he wasn't even there! :rofl:

Yeah I missed second round finals by one sparky miss hit - but that’s pinball.

a lot of great effort across the board and thanks to everyone who did something and helped out.

craig, you’ll be please to knownI had to chop the switch on Skateball 😎 and it’s all Dan’s fault :)

Yeah I missed second round finals by one sparky miss hit - but that’s pinball.

a lot of great effort across the board and thanks to everyone who did something and helped out.

craig, you’ll be please to knownI had to chop the switch on Skateball 😎 and it’s all Dan’s fault :)

What happened?? You got that little backhand up in the inlane going did you Dan??

What happened?? You got that little backhand up in the inlane going did you Dan??
Yep, I did on ball one, and Neil saw how easy it was so had to do something or we would all be there all day just doing that.

He's converted into a one way switch now so much better for comps.

Yep, I did on ball one, and Neil saw how easy it was so had to do something or we would all be there all day just doing that.

He's converted into a one way switch now so much better for comps.
Nice mate ☺️ I was secretly hoping it was going to be me who was going to do that 🤣

Agreed though, it needed to be done. Great fun

Ok IFPA results approved and will be on the website tomorrow.

Thanks for a great day!

We brought my friend Matt Peck over (I always use his full name😂), I got him into pinball through PinballFX3, multiple visits to Flip out and regular playing of my machines. But this was his first experience of a competition other than casual ones with friends at mine.

He had a great time, although not knowing anyone except me and Claire, or most of the games.
I think he did well, (27th) and it was great to see everyone so helpful and welcoming.
Its also only my 3rd pinball event and I can't wait for the next one.

I was so tired about two thirds through the day and seemed to suffer bad luck and bad skills. Hoped for at least below 30th 😜

Last edited:
I was so tired about two thirds through the day and seemed to suffer bad luck and bad skills. Hoped for at least below 30th 😜

heh, you should see Pinburgh. 8am to 8pm on the first day :D

Cheers,
Neil.

I had great fun yesterday! I'm especially pleased as I was much less nervous and was able to relax. A shame we didn't stop at round 6 when I was top 20 though 😂 Great to see everyone and meet new people though!

I left our milk bottle in the fridge (a bright orange mini flask) - would someone from the Flip Out crew be able to empty and rinse it out for us to collect next time we visit? (I even thought as I put it in there, "I must make sure I don't forget this"...!)

I left our milk bottle in the fridge (a bright orange mini flask) - would someone from the Flip Out crew be able to empty and rinse it out for us to collect next time we visit? (I even thought as I put it in there, "I must make sure I don't forget this"...!)

All good. Have left it on top of the microwave

Congratulations to Andy Foster, the winner of today's Blind Best Of Comp!!

1​
Andy Foster
2​
Yuen Aw
3​
Leo Marshall
4​
Greg Mott
6​
Nick Hamill
6​
Anton Stewart
8​
Graham Swaffield
8​
Nick Marshall
11​
Matt Vince
11​
Mike Parkins
11​
David Tucker
11​
James Fowler
15​
Tim Thornton
15​
Stan Simpson
15​
Ed Rojas
15​
Kevin Donovan
17​
Mark Johnson
18​
Clive Bush
19​
Sarah Vince
20​
Rayne Passmore
21​
Vin Jauhal
22​
Tony Molloy
23​
Diane Bush
Dan Lewell
25​
Effie Lewell
25​
Andrew Vince
27​
Lukasz Dziewulski
27​
James Aw
29​
Pheobe Lewell
30​
Ben Leigh
31​
Lucy Vince
32​
Jenette Passmore
33​
Tom Randall
34​
Daniel Vince
35​
Shalane Krauer
36​
Terri Collier
37​
Katie Vince

Thank you for organising. We couldn’t make it in the end as we’ve all had a cold for a few days (happily, not COVID), and this morning my husband abruptly ran a fever and fainted twice. The Large Lad was very disappointed, but we’re planning to bring him to FlipOut another week 😊

Congratulations to Andy Foster, the winner of today's Blind Best Of Comp!!

1​
Andy Foster
2​
Yuen Aw
3​
Leo Marshall
4​
Greg Mott
6​
Nick Hamill
6​
Anton Stewart
8​
Graham Swaffield
8​
Nick Marshall
11​
Matt Vince
11​
Mike Parkins
11​
David Tucker
11​
James Fowler
15​
Tim Thornton
15​
Stan Simpson
15​
Ed Rojas
15​
Kevin Donovan
17​
Mark Johnson
18​
Clive Bush
19​
Sarah Vince
20​
Rayne Passmore
21​
Vin Jauhal
22​
Tony Molloy
23​
Diane Bush
Dan Lewell
25​
Effie Lewell
25​
Andrew Vince
27​
Lukasz Dziewulski
27​
James Aw
29​
Pheobe Lewell
30​
Ben Leigh
31​
Lucy Vince
32​
Jenette Passmore
33​
Tom Randall
34​
Daniel Vince
35​
Shalane Krauer
36​
Terri Collier
37​
Katie Vince
Well done @PUP, I Still Had Faith In You 😁

Results for Sunday approved by IFPA and will be in the next rebuild.

Thanks for organising a great weekend Matt, Neil and everyone else involved. Got back home 1am & tumbled into bed knackered but happy. Its great to be back playing in tourney's but its even better to be socializing with you all again. Wish with the whole of my heart i could have joined on the sat night but i know i really wouldnt have dond myself any favours..but I will next time.. especially if its karaoke again!! The highlight though had to be playing disco maiden, pinball+ABBA=my idea of heaven! 😍

A fantastic weekend of pinball - very many thanks to Neil and Matt for all their hard work running the comps.

Really enjpyed the comps especially Saturday, having one of my better days and was delighted to win espcieally after coming last in the first round to Ben, Claire and Graham and also to make the final again on Sunday but was flaking by the end of it all! Still had a great time embellished by watching Nick and Ben doing their karaoke - @kevlar , those videos must be worth a lot!

Well played to Nick on both days and Andy for a fully deserved win on Sunday Also congrats to Yeun and Leo for great play.

Thoroughly enjoyed it all, although knackered now!

Last edited:
Can I add my thanks to Matt and all the other great people who helped run another excellent event. So good to see Flip Out buzzing and filled with people and really pleased with 2nd place with so many brilliant players around. The 3 game playoff format from the round of 16 was interesting, fun and stressful all at the same time!

By the way - is it normal to have my entire body aching after this weekend or am I doing it wrong?!

Back
Top Bottom