What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flip Out London WPPR Machine Pinball Festival

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yeah, I agree. I don't know if there's parking on site or not. I might get a hotel for the Sat night so might find parking in town anyway
There is, but it's quite limited. It would fill up quickly for a big event. I don't know what the surrounding streets are like

There is, but it's quite limited. It would fill up quickly for a big event. I don't know what the surrounding streets are like

Hoping someone knows some alternative parking nearby! It's stressful enough driving for nearly two hours to get there!

Parking is extremely limited. I've always found an Air BnB close by with parking included. Then walk in.

Yes the price includes entry to the club.

I would assume NO PARKING!

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

there is parking around the place on the streets near by. Or leave the car at the hotel and walk in.

Is ‘matched play’ or ‘blind best of’ better for a four year old?

Also, which is the best tournament format for someone who would need to take regular breaks to share childcare of a “Pi-Bo” Wizard? (I’m sure the Pi-Bo Wizard would also be VERY keen to enter, but - sadly - he can only operate one flipper at a time…).

Blind best of - you can play together at your own pace.

Matchplay doesn’t match you - it’s like golf Matchplay - you are playing to win round by round - you most likely would not be in the same group and if you aren’t at the game within a minute you are disqualified.

One thing to note though and this might sound harsh - it’s not meant to be - a lot of folks goto flip out to get away from the kids so we encourage all those with kids to pay close attention to them.

On more than one occasion we’ve had near misses one where a kid was an inch away from splitting his head open because the parents thought the club was the baby sitter - we aren’t! Not saying this would apply to you but I dread the day we have an accident so I give this speech to everyone who brings their kids.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
On more than one occasion we’ve had near misses one where a kid was an inch away from splitting his head open because the parents thought the club was the baby sitter - we aren’t! Not saying this would apply to you but I dread the day we have an accident so I give this speech to everyone who brings their kids.
We’ve got two pinball machines in the front room and my older lad had dental surgery after knocking a tooth out on the Fish Tales caster’s reel, so I’m VERY aware of the risk of pinball-related accidents.

I was hoping to enter my older lad into the tournament - he’s been to FlipOut before (admittedly, during setup) and wouldn’t be the youngest player to enter an IPFA tournament either - there are five children his age listed in the youth rankings on their website.

Will people be meeting up for food and drinks in the evening? Would be good to join those of you that are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only doing the Saturday and bringing a friend. Could possibly try convince him if anything happens Saturday night and isn't too late as we have a two hour drive

d9237c196ebbdd54e9b01b40c3f0ff57.jpg
For those yet to book their overnight accommodation premier inn central Croydon is cheaper than purely way.
Just making people aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom