What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The extended Xmas Cracker.

Saturday trophies are here.

There will be beef stew with potatoes on Sunday . If anyone doesnt eat meat please say now and my "chef" will make an alternative.

20191204_000803-1.jpg

Thanks to Andy mania there is techinically only one unplayable game in the arcade: Pauls nemesis SST! Will take some tweaking and levelling to get a few games up to speed then get the minions on cleaning duties. Regulars tonight helping me test play Vector and loving it. Easily pleased lol

Cracker game list

ACDC PRO
ATTACK FROM MARS
BACK TO THE FUTURE
BATMAN 66
BLACK KNIGHT SWORD OF RAGE
CIRQUS VOLTAIRE
CLASS 1812
DEADPOOL
DEMOLITION MAN
DIRTY HARRY
DOCTOR WHO
ELVIRA PARTY MONSTERS
FAMILY GUY
FIREBALL 2
F14 TOMCAT
GAME OF THRONES
HIGH SPEED
IRON MAIDEN LEGACY OF THE BEAST
JURASSIC PARK (STERN)
MEDIEVAL MADNESS
MONSTER BASH
MUNSTERS PREMIUM
REVENGE FROM MARS
SCARED STIFF
SPIDERMAN
STAR TREK STERN
STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION
TAXI
TERMINATOR 2 JUDGMENT DAY
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
THEATRE OF MAGIC
THUNDERBIRDS
TRON
TWILIGHT ZONE
GAMES AVAILABLE SUNDAY ONLY purely because they are not on coins / have coin fault
BLACK KNIGHT
BLACK KNIGHT 2000
CAPTAIN FANTASTIC
CENTAUR
ELEKTRA
INDIANA JONES STERN
KISS
LORD OF THE RINGS
MEDUSA
SILVERBALL MANIA
VECTOR
WIZARD

To clarify/outline the basic rules for the Cracker:-

Everyone will be randomly allocated into a group of 3or 4 people for first round.
You will then play 2 x 4 player games, drawn at random, scoring 4,2,1,0.
If there is a tie in your group you MUST play a tie breaker on the game you have just played.

Only the lowest ranked player will drop in to the 'second chance bracket'. Don't worry you can still make the final via this route, as Will Dutton did a couple of years ago having finished bottom in the very first round.

The next round in the main comp, will continue as the first round (but will become more seeded as the day progresses). The players in the second chance bracket, will once again be split in to groups of 4, and play 2 x 4 player games. This time only the Winner will progress.

This continues until 3 players make the final from the main bracket, and one from the second chance bracket. The final is a single 4 player game.

The way the format works is that the games are 'front-loaded', meaning if you are knocked out early you will not be standing around waiting ages for the later groups to finish as they will be smaller, and often sudden death.

Most important.
Games will be pulled out of a hat to decide which game you will be playing on.
1 player of the group will take that ticket with the machine on, and a score sheet, and return it once the game is over, before picking a new game, and returning the old game. In this way it ensures that a) you only pick a game which is available - so no queuing, and b)you don't play the same game twice in a round.
Please ensure you return the game ticket so that all available games to choose from are actually in the hat.

Have a great times guys!! I was hoping to make it along tomorrow but am recovering from minor surgery and am still a bit tender.

Sorry, I’m not going to make it either. Illness has struck and I don’t want to infect anyone 2 weeks before Xmas. Hope it all goes well.

Fletch.

Top event today, all. I can still play like complete trash when it really counts 🤬. But I had a good time which is a load more important, as much as I would prefer to win outright!!

Top event today, all. I can still play like complete trash when it really counts [emoji2959]. But I had a good time which is a load more important, as much as I would prefer to win outright!!

You did better than me I didn’t even qualify and went out early in the 2nd chance bracket you played a blinder indie jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did better than me I didn’t even qualify and went out early in the 2nd chance bracket you played a blinder indie jones.

You should have seen my F14 and Dirty Harry games. I didn't deserve to be in those rounds!!!

Thanks everyone who came today. Extra thanks to Telboy for some emergency repairs and Wayne for organising both comps. The games got a lot more play than usual but there were less casualties than expected. Reallu felt like a proper arcade today. One local said the noise was 'scary' . Good !

One local said the noise was 'scary' . Good !
I'm surprised the rumours about the club being haunted in the early hours of the morning, by a foul-mouthed scouser poltergeist haven't been more widespread. People would be forgiven for thinking so on the couple of times I've come out of the club to sunrise after failing to fully fix machines... particularly Arch Mother****er SST.

You should have seen my F14 and Dirty Harry games. I didn't deserve to be in those rounds!!!

F14 is a brutal game at the best of times and Dirty Harry is so so! Luck of the draw I suppose. Was great playing with you today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone who came today. Extra thanks to Telboy for some emergency repairs and Wayne for organising both comps. The games got a lot more play than usual but there were less casualties than expected. Reallu felt like a proper arcade today. One local said the noise was 'scary' . Good !

Onwards and upwards look forward to the next comp (date dependant)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to thank everyone for coming from near and far. Along with @steve brum for hosting.

Congrats to the finalists, played on JP2 which was fixed by @Telboy earlier in the day to get it fully functional, as he did with a number of games.
That is the problem with having such a large number of games that get played infrequently by inexperienced people who can't recognise that a game isn't working as it should. Despite the fact that the Saturday comp and practice was used to highlight these problems some faults slipped through, and others developed on the day. The benefit of having such a large number of games however, is that there was plenty fully functioning to choose from.

The competition did run late (but actual playing time was probably around 6hrs), due to starting a little late and having a break for food. Next year would people prefer an earlier start, food before the comp starts or both?

I'll get the full results posted this evening.

Also, thanks for the comments about the light blades, it is these kind of venues where they really show their benefit.

Just to thank everyone for coming from near and far. Along with @steve brum for hosting.

Congrats to the finalists, played on JP2 which was fixed by @Telboy earlier in the day to get it fully functional, as he did with a number of games.
That is the problem with having such a large number of games that get played infrequently by inexperienced people who can't recognise that a game isn't working as it should. Despite the fact that the Saturday comp and practice was used to highlight these problems some faults slipped through, and others developed on the day. The benefit of having such a large number of games however, is that there was plenty fully functioning to choose from.

The competition did run late (but actual playing time was probably around 6hrs), due to starting a little late and having a break for food. Next year would people prefer an earlier start, food before the comp starts or both?

I'll get the full results posted this evening.

Also, thanks for the comments about the light blades, it is these kind of venues where they really show their benefit.

Thanks Wayne - I think a slightly earlier start time of 12 noon would be Beneficial allowing us to break for lunch at a more sensible time.

Something else you might want to consider for next time is using the match play software to put people into groups and randomise the games. Nick H might be able to help here as he knows the software better than I do.

Up to you how you wish to take things forward here I’ll leave it to you.

Really Fun day yesterday. Fortunately, I didn't play well enough to have to stay late so wasn't too bothered about the late start, but I think starting at 11ish would be better. It was nice to have a break in the middle for food and a catch up with people.

With regard to machine faults, I think venues like this (and Flipout, SWL, Tilt) need to have someway of people logging faults. I think people don't like mentioning faults to people who are hosting as it could come across as a bit ungrateful, but if there was a book that people could write little niggles in then whoever has the thankless task of maintenance could just reference this and crack on.

Something else you might want to consider for next time is using the match play software to put people into groups and randomise the games.

Games were randomised and all of the groups played against different people in the main bracket anyway.

Matchplay can't handle the format I want to play - Variety is the Spice of Life.

Games were randomised and all of the groups played against different people in the main bracket anyway.

Matchplay can't handle the format I want to play - Variety is the Spice of Life.

Cheers Wayne totally understand and was good to play a different format!

Back
Top Bottom