What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The extended Xmas Cracker.

but I think starting at 11ish would be better.
The only downside to that is that people travelling from afar would need a very early start. I'll take a poll before next year's comp and see what suits competitors, and more importantly - the host.

Many thanks to Steve for hosting and Wayne for running all the comps.

A really fun and enjoyable day but thoroughly knackered when I got home past midnight!.

Many congrats to Craig on a deserved win. Had a great tussle with him on TOM in the semi and a memorable comeback to beat Wayne's 9.5m on Back to the Future to stay in.

Cheers
Greg

Also, thanks for the comments about the light blades, it is these kind of venues where they really show their benefit.
I did wonder about those, but you were obviously busy almost all day and I didn't remember to mention when you weren't. Those were excellent, I have to say.

Matchplay can't handle the format I want to play - Variety is the Spice of Life.
There's an idea - I do desktop programming for a living and could whip out a reasonable but most importantly, real-world-flexible program for this format in an evening, and one can of Monster. Okay, maybe two evenings if I really polish it.
Any interest? If so hit send me a message and we'll have a good ol' think.

There's an idea - I do desktop programming for a living and could whip out a reasonable but most importantly, real-world-flexible program for this format in an evening, and one can of Monster. Okay, maybe two evenings if I really polish it.
Any interest? If so hit send me a message and we'll have a good ol' think.

Thanks Paul! Seems like my idea does have some substance then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the planning and hard work that went into making yesterday an enjoyable event. The venue is great, the mix of games is superb and a large amount of cash was raised for charity. Was pretty dead by the end and would also much prefer an earlier start. Had some great matches throughout the day, on TOM against David Dutton and Greg and Dr Who was always a family favourite :) First time i've had any play time on Jurassic Park and loved the flow of the game, seems pretty complex and lots to understand in order to get the big scores. Definitely a game i'd like to spend more time with. Anyway, cheers Fife Street, look forward to the next one.

Cheers, Craig

Really Fun day yesterday. Fortunately, I didn't play well enough to have to stay late so wasn't too bothered about the late start, but I think starting at 11ish would be better. It was nice to have a break in the middle for food and a catch up with people.

With regard to machine faults, I think venues like this (and Flipout, SWL, Tilt) need to have someway of people logging faults. I think people don't like mentioning faults to people who are hosting as it could come across as a bit ungrateful, but if there was a book that people could write little niggles in then whoever has the thankless task of maintenance could just reference this and crack on.

There is a book on the desk at flip out although I'm hoping to have a SMS solution where you just text the problem. Part of the issue with writing it in a book is quite often reproducing the fault can be tricky.

but for me the opposite is true. Nothing worse than a game with a fault that someone knows about that goes into an important match that causes an upset when it flakes out; I'd much rather know about a problem and take the game out or try and sort it than not.

Neil.

I was asked a couple of times if there was a kids comp this year. The simple answer was no. The reason being that we had one last year but because the kids did better than the majority of the adults it didn't get started until late, so I decided to abandon it.

Had there been a kids comp, based on positions in the main comp the results would have been:

Phoebe Lewell (finished higher than @DanLewell )
Leo Marshall (@mufcmufc )
Effie Lewell (finished higher than @DanLewell )
Elliot Craven (@mark9 )
Joshua Craven.(@mark9 )

Last edited:
I was thrashed on DM despite it being one of my favorite games

The club regulars will rib me about that for a long time although our pool team captain was beaten by a 10 year old lad recently

I was thrashed on DM despite it being one of my favorite games

The club regulars will rib me about that for a long time although our pool team captain was beaten by a 10 year old lad recently
I keep getting owned at my own game if that makes you feel any better! It seems the more I play and like a game, the worse I do on it at tournaments!

I keep getting owned at my own game if that makes you feel any better! It seems the more I play and like a game, the worse I do on it at tournaments!

Occasionally happens to me but usually quite consistent on games I know unless I have an off day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing worse than a game with a fault that someone knows about that goes into an important match that causes an upset when it flakes out; I'd much rather know about a problem and take the game out or try and sort it than not.
Agree completely, especially if it's something that some people know and not others, or it impacts on any given strategy.

Many people came and told me about various issues and I thanked them for that, most already known and the game had been pulled from the competition pool but always worth reporting it anyway.

If there's a problem - fix it or pull the game.

I was asked a couple of times if there was a this year. The simple answer was no. The reason being that we had one last year but because the kids did better than the majority of the adults it didn't get started until late, so I decided to abandon it.

Had there been a kids comp, based on positions in the main comp the results would have been:

Phoebe Lewell (finished higher than @DanLewell )
Leo Marshall (@mufcmufc )
Effie Lewell (finished higher than @DanLewell )
Elliot Craven (@mark9 )
Joshua Craven.(@mark9 )
Well done to Phoebe, really showed me up, (and @Replay where she beat us both in the second chance bracket!)

And well done to all the other kids, most of them finished above me, even Elliot who had only played about 10 games of pinball in his life!

Back
Top Bottom