What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The extended Xmas Cracker.

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
Plenty of notice to get this in your diaries.

The Christmas Cracker will be hosted this year by @steve brum and @Courtney Blush at Fife St Working Mens club in Nuneaton on Sunday 8th December.

The format will be exactly the same as the previous 4 years hosted by @Telboy - namely 48 people mainly playing in 4 player groups with only the lowest player being knocked into the loser bracket. Details of previous comps can be found at http://www.christmascrackerpinball.org.uk/

This has always been a charity event with previous charities supported including

A charity local in Nuneaton will be chosen and announced shortly.

Registration will open in early November and entry will be £15 with Under 16s being free.

If that isn't enough for you - there's more

Saturday the 7th will also have a competition running.

For this competition you will play 8 games in a league style format, with your best 6 counting, followed by semi finals and the final. This will be on a coin drop at 50p per game plus a nominal entry fee - so the further you progress the more you pay. No preregistration for this is required.

You want more? There's more.

There will be a band playing at the venue on the Saturday night from 9pm, probably a Jam or Madness tribute style band.

It's sure to be a great weekend so mark it in your diaries and get ready for another weekend of pinball.

I was just actually thinking about the Xmas Cracker! And boom you post this!

Sounds awesome and falls on a weekend I don't have commitments :)

Band playing on Saturday night has been confirmed as Imperfect Storm - playing Rock and Blues covers.

I messaged @Wayne J earlier... He confirmed he updates the website manually

I also think it would be a good idea to take payment for tournament now, to try and prevent no shows

database error
I get database error
Same here - data base error.

... by any chance did all you guys put long messages in the "Comments" box when you filled in the form? Our server shows no errors in its logs, *but* I can make the site say "Database error occurred. Please try again. " if I put in more text than the back-end DB is configured to allow for the comments box. I'll change the DB settings, but if any of you could confirm this is the case it would be quite helpful in making me think I've fixed the right thing :)

Post 2 has been updated with band details, and a suggested place to eat - although no table bookings have been made, you'll have to arrange that yourself.

Who is running this tournament if Wayne is now not able to make it?

Looking forward to this and 32 people have already signed up

Sorry I missed Read the post Wayne’s still going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is running this tournament if Wayne is now not able to make it?

Looking forward to this and 32 people have already signed up

Sorry I missed Read the post Wayne’s still going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I'm still going and running the comp.

It's ironic that the person suggesting pre-payment to reduce drop-outs is the only person who has dropped out after registration in the last 2 years, and has done it twice. ;)

@Wayne J This will be the tenth year, won't it? There are always 4-5 drop-outs, quite often the same people year after year. I think they'd still drop out at the last minute if you charged them entry in advance - the issues really are whether it is enough people to influence the competition (it isn't usually, you've got quite a bit of slack with that format), the loss of money for the charity (as everyone knows, the organisers donate their time, the catering is often given for free and all the money raised goes to charity) and of course the wasted opportunity for the people who would have liked to come but were too late to make the cut. I'd always suggest adding your name to the wait list and turning up on the day - if you're in the top 5 of the wait list, you'll usually get a place.

Back
Top Bottom