What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2024 thread

BEWARE- Anyone on here buy this, seller told me it although Buy It Now price says £1000, it’s wrong price and is actually £2k? Now it’s sold on eBay they are still offering to sell it to me privately if I bank transfer the money 🤦‍♂️
That was up for £600 buy it now I think Sunday morning went in a flash looked like a scam plus those pics look familiar

There it is different 1 rating seller

Attachments

• 16D6272F-CFE6-4B90-82B8-402D88870689.png
    16D6272F-CFE6-4B90-82B8-402D88870689.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 37
There it is different 1 rating seller
Also, in the 2nd listing they removed the 'Warrantied' bit in the description (as was mentioned on here)
Also, added postage to the listing with roughly the right ball park figure (as was mentioned on here)

makes one wonder.........

Edit: The location has changed from Hartlepool to Oldham as well.

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing this listed
I may have to look at my search criteria.

Scared Stiff on Ebay

Says it's in pembroke but their business address says London?
Item description mostly taken from HLD
Dodgy???

Last edited:
This looks like a steal at £700. Just in parts alone. I’ve enquired. Would love to mod this and change the theme. With the new beetlejuice movie having just been announced I think that would make a great theme! :

IMG_4686.png
IMG_4687.png
IMG_4688.png

@Boonitch if you're looking to do a re-theme then I'd suggest going for a Bally, Williams or Gottlieb game :thumbs: I used to own a Sonic Star Wars and they use all their own proprietary board set and lots of other parts which are unobtanium these days. They also use a plastic playfield (like a few of the Spanish manufacturers) so not that simple to re-theme.

And from a game preservation perspective, there's not that many of these left in the world so would be a shame to lose this one from it's original state.

Good luck getting spares for this.
Yes. We had an El Pinbotto (Spanish PinBot manufactured off a Williams kit on contract), and even that was super-frustrating to work on because the wiring was a mirror image, and I couldn’t hardtop it because the playfield was chipboard and the insert lighting was a different shape.

Our El Pinbotto was also worth less than a Williams PinBot. It was a great condition pin, but people just didn’t fancy the hassle. This is likely a similar deal, but with potentially no spare parts!

I don't recall seeing this listed
I may have to look at my search criteria.

It’s back on again, still no mention of condition or if it works, no pictures of it turned on

It’s back on again, still no mention of condition or if it works, no pictures of it turned on
I think this is some kind of scam. I have messaged the seller 3 times asking for pics of it working and the Boards but no reply. I also asked specifically if the machine works and no reply BEWARE PEOPLE.

I think this is some kind of scam. I have messaged the seller 3 times asking for pics of it working and the Boards but no reply. I also asked specifically if the machine works and no reply BEWARE PEOPLE.
This is third time listed, 1st was cancelled so he could take photos, which show its in a storage unit, probably no power-so fair enough, 2nd ended at 1850 high bid-but is now relisted-take from that what you will, I sent a low ball offer(1400) with message that i didn't mind if it wasn't working, he declined but messaged 'it is working'. I'm guessing he has no access to power, so doesn't know if it still works/may have several issues now. If you're local and want a DE Simpsons and have DE parts and experience its probably right on the cusp at 1700 (assuming its going to need sorting) otherwise its not worth the gamble

Got this reply
I messaged the guy, asking for details, I got a short reply saying it is working. I get it might be a bother for him to organise, but I am not dropping 2k on something that might be completed screwed inside. I take 20 pictures of boxed lego sets I sell, not sure why you think you can sell a pin with such little ingo.

Not sure how much one of these goes for these days.

Not sure how much one of these goes for these days.

One just sold on here for 3250 I think with minor issues and needing a little tidy up .

This one looks tidier and is also offering a ColorDMD - assuming included in price ? So it’s the right ballpark price wise …. Or would be in what passes for normal times 😁 Right now you can toss a coin for whether a buyer is out there .

EDIT - It sold quite quickly

Last edited:
no fear with faulty dmd £1k bin ebay
And SOLD for the £1K BIN.
I made a lower bid but I didn't want it that much. While I need boards for my Scared Stiff I could break that up. Borrow maybe.... :p

Back
Top Bottom