What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Currently working on..." Thread

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Following on from the forum software upgrade, i thought it only fair i let people know what i am currently working on / trying to fix/ trying to improve....

So Gonna make this a sticky and use it to advise what I'm up to :)

Currently working on.....

Light theme
Getting the donations working again

Adding some new reactions (so as well as "like" you would be able to dislike, agree etc etc)...
Aesthetic improvements (arrangement of forum listing)

Last edited:
so as well as "like" you would be able to dislike, agree et
Awesome work on the upgrade @Paul, particularly looking good now on mobile (Android Oreo here)
Personally I've always liked that we can't dislike/downvote posts on here, imho adds to keeping the atmos lighter, positive and fun vs the "darkside" where they love a bit of downvoting.

Awesome work on the upgrade @Paul, particularly looking good now on mobile (Android Oreo here)
Personally I've always liked that we can't dislike/downvote posts on here, imho adds to keeping the atmos lighter, positive and fun vs the "darkside" where they love a bit of downvoting.

Where’s the downvote button :rofl:

Strange... has anyone else this issue?? I dont get the problem at all... All images load OK here.

If you do a right click on the image and select "open image in new tab" you should see the image ok in a new tab...

If this fails, could you right click and select "copy image address" and paste it here please??

Thanks

Strange... has anyone else this issue?? I dont get the problem at all... All images load OK here.

If you do a right click on the image and select "open image in new tab" you should see the image ok in a new tab...

If this fails, could you right click and select "copy image address" and paste it here please??

Thanks

It’s only happening when using Tapatalk, I’m posting this using the mobile website and images are appearing fine. When I click to open an image in Tapatalk it simply shows a spinning circle then goes back to the broken picture icon.

It’s only happening when using Tapatalk, I’m posting this using the mobile website and images are appearing fine. When I click to open an image in Tapatalk it simply shows a spinning circle then goes back to the broken picture icon.

Interesting... I have just checked (and am writing this on Tapatalk)

Looking up this thread there’s the image that you posted... I can see that fine... can you??

can you see the images in This thread please : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/got-le.39823/
and also this one : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/laser-ball-£530.39664/

??

Sorry - Am trying to narrow down the issues you are seeing...

Problem solved! Clicking the link in the email notification rather than coming straight into Tapatalk sent me to a page to accept the Privacy policy (which I’d not been sent to before) after ticking the box and accepting, images now seem to be viewable!!

Thank you for your help and apologises for being a pain!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't been on here for a few weeks. Came on today and "woah everything got sexy".

Absolutely love the way the site looks at the mo, it's much more modern. The only thing I would like to see return is people's signatures and a few other bits of info around their username.

Well done though! :)

The only thing I would like to see return is people's signatures and a few other bits of info around their username.

Hiya Pete :)

Signatures are still there (Including yours!).... can you not see them (and are you on a mobile or a PC??)

Username stuff i should be able to sort.... :)

Donations _Should_ now be working again.

Anyone have any issues, or find that their status hasnt changed to "site supporter" after donating then please let me know!!

Many thanks
Paul

Hey @Paul, just noticed the Alert number displayed and red highlight on the (Chrome) Windows Tab. Good work fella:thumbs:

1527852399636.png

two issues I get:

put a url in and it messes it up. try typing nballinfo.comwww.pi

if I try to hit www pinballinfo com it hangs for ages if I goto pinballinfo com community its super fast.

I’m getting a problem when I open some threads, it used to jump to the first unread one, now it usually does this but maybe two or three threads in a session seem to just open at the first post or a seemily random post somewhere in the thread. This seems to happen more in posts with load of pictures, maybe I’m just noticing it more in these threads as I have to scroll much more to get passed the images to the latest posts.

For info:
I tend to click on new posts up on the control bar and then go to the oldest thread and work my way up to the latest thread, meaning I basically read (or at least open) every thread. (Sad I know...) I never really go into threads from a forum view, just from the new posts view (in case this methods makes a difference)

Another query for you Paul: for the last few days I've had a pair of announcements at the top of every thread. The 2nd one is a 'puzzle' - is everyone seeing this announcement/ question with a regard to people who might have a TAF with pinsound onthe Exeter area? The link works to the pinsound thread, but nowt about TAFs or Exeter . I qualify as being in the Exeter area, but no TAF or Pinsound??

Attachments

• IMG_0685.PNG
    IMG_0685.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 8
If you aren’t logged in it asks them over and over again, just click to stay logged in all the time and you’ll see them once,

Back
Top Bottom