What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Laser Ball - £530

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all,

I have had a DMD game come up that I would really like and this unfortunately has to go from a space perspective and to keep my wife happy... Which contrary to belief, I like to do.

The good:

Boards all reworked, now has gold cap.
Play field has been fully cleaned, with most parts taken off, waxed, re-rubbered.
New ball (all of £2 there! ;))
Cabinet all interior all and come up well cleaned.
Bright displays, nothing wrong there.

The bad:

Cabinet pictured side needs touching in.
RIght flipper needs rebuilding as is a little weak.
Drop targets could do with a clean as all contacts work, but can miss occasionally. Needs new stickers.
You will need a few bulbs,
Backglass is a 5-6 out of 10. I have included pictures for you to make up your mind.
Couple of contact switches a bit iffy...
Playfield weare, between flippers, around top U track, right upper flipper, age related, but there.

I think this is probably a Gumtree sale, but hey... I wanted to offer a better price to the community and see if there were any bites. It is a shame to see this go, but as I say, space and the DMD call...

IMG_5822.jpg
IMG_6088.jpg
IMG_5799.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5776.jpg
    IMG_5776.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 33
Aww man, I can't believe you are selling that after all the work you put in. I would have it if I had the space. I am out of space and still waiting for the council planning to make a decision on my extension plans......grrr

Anyhow GLWS

Yea the backglass does let it down a little, it is never going to be a mint cab, we can all agree on that, but it is a bargain and a fun game. I have my eye on something and I cannot have them all... In a couple of years I will regret letting it go as it was my first, but I have to be a realist.

this would be a nice find for someone that has a minty Laser Ball backglass hanging on their wall, a fair amount of luck is required to reunite the two items

this would be a nice find for someone that has a minty Laser Ball backglass hanging on their wall, a fair amount of luck is required to reunite the two items

I think that might be hoping a bit (or a heck of a lot of luck) - but its a player machine, at this price, if I have to keep it and still buy the other, I will and just get a new wife. That might be easier.

I know, good backglass for Williams pins of this period are much harder to find than good playfields unless they have been reproduced, Laser Ball hasn't and probablly never will be reproduced.
the backglass is just as important as the game, you have to look at it while playing, my OCD can't cope with so much crazy flakey ink.

is the original cabinet colours on these black/red/yellow ? or is that purple colour the original ?
yesterday I saw that CFTBL in purple all over for silly money and it made me cringe.

Yes - still for sale, although an order will be going in soon for the bits required, in preparation for a non-forum based sale. If anyone is interested in the as-is condition and a "mini" project, speak now or forever hold your peace.

If he can do it, it would be a reproduction not an original, people do prefer 100% original where possible, not sure he can do Laser Ball, but can but ask.

If he can do it, it would be a reproduction not an original, people do prefer 100% original where possible, not sure he can do Laser Ball, but can but ask.

i’m sure he can. the guys name is andy backhouse. i have his email address if you want to contact him direct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way @mcbooton - I think once you see the backglass, you probably won't go for this straight away, if at all. It isn't 100%, but is certainly good enough and works well enough as it is.

It never bothered me and I wasn't considering a repro for it, but again, I wasn't want to make it 100%, just a fun playable game.

Gandalf it might be better to ask in a new thread as this pin is now sold so I doubt many people will see this one.
PS: Having seen the back glass for the laser ball now, its not minty but is in better shape than a lot I seen of this age, I wont be replacing it any time soon,
regards,
Mark.

Gandalf it might be better to ask in a new thread as this pin is now sold so I doubt many people will see this one.
PS: Having seen the back glass for the laser ball now, its not minty but is in better shape than a lot I seen of this age, I wont be replacing it any time soon,
regards,
Mark.

perhaps in the future
i'm in no hurry to buy one just yet

perhaps in the future
i'm in no hurry to buy one just yet

i saw a much better LB backglass this weekend, nowhere near perfect, but visually a lot better than this one, machine was probably in better condition too, and only £120 more, i think its still for sale, chap called Matt Vince, I don't know the chap, but apparently a well known pinball guy in the UK, from down South. I'm not actually British, i got a Union Jack flag because I registered while over here.
I consider these old machines as works of art, so they need to look as good as they play.
I considered the LB as had several more straps, but it was going to be a long trip , well over 1000 miles over 2 days, change of plan with extra pickup in Cornwall, so picking up 3 pins and all the other clobber and a dozen backglasses was enough.

3pins.jpg

Last edited:
i saw a much better LB backglass this weekend, nowhere near perfect, but visually a lot better than this one, machine was probably in better condition too, and only £120 more, i think its still for sale, chap called Matt Vince, I don't know the chap, but apparently a well known pinball guy in the UK, from down South. I'm not actually British, i got a Union Jack flag because I registered while over here.
I consider these old machines as works of art, so they need to look as good as they play.
I considered the LB as had several more straps, but it was going to be a long trip , well over 1000 miles over 2 days, change of plan with extra pickup in Cornwall, so picking up 3 pins and all the other clobber and a dozen backglasses was enough.

View attachment 64850

did you actually drive like that?! Id hope the cops pull you over because that is freaking nuts.

Bloody hell Gandalf you certainly love your pins.

perfectly legal, do it all the time, maximum roof capacity stated as 175Kg in drivers handbook
and the straps are rated at 2000Kg each

this was a 2 day trip that turned into a 3 day trip, and well over 1000 miles , im not going to give you the exact figure, but the fuel cost was nearly 350 UK pounds , the car has a theoretical maximum mpg of 19 but sometimes drops in to single figures , as it weighs 2.25 tonnes and has a very big engine.

Last edited:
perfectly legal, do it all the time, maximum roof capacity stated as 175Kg in drivers handbook
and the straps are rated at 2000Kg each
The ones on the roof may be legally ,but the one inside is definitely not , because there is no view to the side mirror from this picture . Very lucky that you got any with that in this country !

Back
Top Bottom