What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STNG Pinsound mix.

Spadge

Registered
Hi all, after being disappointed with STNG mixes in terms of them not being 'normalised', interuptions, too loud music, too soft call-outs and such, I decided to discuss the situation with a very dear old friend who is a professional music and audio guy (Al Brimble, worked with him in the 90s on our Amiga games). Anyway, first look is to use one of the better mixes and see if we can get something much better by batch editing the music and speech at better volumes.

I'm hopeful we can do something and I'll let you know when it's done. Next stage might be to have him up and take a look at the sound effects, since no doubt he can remaster the music and effects at a super quality. Voices, not so much, but he can probably clean them up, add reverb and such.

As usual with Pinsound stuff, these are licensed or unlicensed material and what-not, so I'm not sure we can redistribute them as such.

Martyn.

Could he do a decent mix for TAF as well?? pretty please?? :D;)

Hmm, he could I guess, It would be a case of raising some cash for him to do that, even as a favour. Not much that can be done with the voices really. The music could be reorchestrated and sfx though. But its time consuming. He's absolutely the man to do it, could rival anything Cleland has done for TWD and such. It really sounds the business when someone who really knows audio does this stuff, trouble is he'd have to do it as a labour of love unless we could crowd-fund something that's essentially illegal due to copyright and unlicensed :D

Update, first test was very good, quite an improvement. Another tweak or two... Now voice is far more audible and clear. Was matter of actual turning the music mix down as it was too loud, also amplifying the voice would result in audio clips and introduce artifacts into the old samples.

Hmm, he could I guess, It would be a case of raising some cash for him to do that, even as a favour. Not much that can be done with the voices really. The music could be reorchestrated and sfx though. But its time consuming. He's absolutely the man to do it, could rival anything Cleland has done for TWD and such. It really sounds the business when someone who really knows audio does this stuff, trouble is he'd have to do it as a labour of love unless we could crowd-fund something that's essentially illegal due to copyright and unlicensed [emoji1]

Unofficially crowdfunding is the way to go [emoji6] not that I’m advocating that at all.... or even just a remastering and cleaning of the original!!

Sorting 2nd pass of STNG today, should be loads better than what is available. Mix of ultimate version on the Pinsound community, original samples and volume of music sorted.

Spoke to him about doing TAF and he's up for it if he has spare time (he's a contracted games audio guy). Has anyone got a TAF (preferably with a Pinsound to hand) in the Exeter area?

2nd pass of STNG good but still needs some additional tweaking more than the generic level drop of the music, I think this is due to the source of certain audio tracks, I'll faff with it myself and drop them further or ramp up vocals where I feel it's more balanced.

TAF at Extra Life cafe in Frome has a pinsound board that I noticed when the back panel was open. I don’t really know anything about it though. Sorry.

Yeah I was just looking at the opportunity for my musical friend to try out a mix on a TAF himself. Frome is still a 3hr round trip for him :-/

It's not going to happen for a while anyway when he's less busy.

Back
Top Bottom