What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
34% jeese, just coughed up my breakfast when I saw that!!

Some of the auction rooms are really taking the mick now (don't forget that as well as that 34% there is the charges to the seller as well). One near me was at a similar level including the online bidding fee (which on the saleroom used to be 3%+VAT, and when they grew it went to 5%+VAT just to coin it in - for comparison a smaller competitor gives the option of 3%+VAT, or pay £3 in total (the £3 also applies if you don't buy anything, but if bidding £100's is a no brainer!).

Think I'll stick to those where the prices haven't gone daft - extreme example is a postal auction where its still 15% which was what a lot of other places were also charging 10 years ago (outside the major auctions in London etc.).

Data East Star Wars just went for £3,550 on eBay - in the current climate feels like someone’s done well to get it for that price.
Bought mine last month privately for less than this and was watching this with great interest. Was relieved I hadn't spent over the odds as it was a "from the heart" purchase not a "from the brain". Got it home and had problems immediately, Re-capped the PSU and also swapped the bridge rectifier and fixed the blown fuse on the flipper board and it's sweet now.

Data East Star Wars just went for £3,550 on eBay - in the current climate feels like someone’s done well to get it for that price.
I hope the buyer is happy , I’m sure the seller is - top dollar for an average SW in my opinion - they might not be quite so chuffed if they saw the one I sold 3 months ago for less than that ....lots new parts, new translite, new side rails, new motors, full comet Led, stripped and cleaned with new plastics new silicone rubber, colour display etc

or Matts old beauty
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/star-wars-de.48303/

Nom working Tommy for £500 on pinballs for sale Uk ok Facebook. Says for parts. No idea how to add a link for it! [emoji85]

9e99df1093ff0410648958dc6a27ef81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest. I was selling a motorbike and when we moved it, there was another one behind it in bits that I totally forgot about. Garages can hide things.

Nice you got it! Good luck, will follow that progress intently. 😃
Ordered some jiffy bags, antibac and notebooks. Lots of mould so first clean, document and dismantle, clean again and then take stock....looking forward to it. Photos from my 11yr old daughter who is transfixed by her. Such a lovely machine. All internals look great considering there were birds nests in the score reels. Some of the rubbers look ok too!!

Attachments

• earlygamers20.jpg
    earlygamers20.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 65
  • earlygamers22.jpg
    earlygamers22.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 61
  • earlygamers42.jpg
    earlygamers42.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 63
Ordered some jiffy bags, antibac and notebooks. Lots of mould so first clean, document and dismantle, clean again and then take stock....looking forward to it. Photos from my 11yr old daughter who is transfixed by her. Such a lovely machine. All internals look great considering there were birds nests in the score reels. Some of the rubbers look ok too!!
A bird's nest?! Wow. You should video log it. Even if you don't publish it publicly I imagine tracking the progress to look back on personally would be a great.

Agree with John, it's crazy over priced! Even in today's market of madness I don't think it's worth more than 1500 quid. It's also a pretty dull game with a great theme

Well it has been refurbished! (Rerubbered, several bulbs out but couldn’t be bothered to do these, legs rusty-likewise. Begin to wonder what refurbished means to some people)
Rubbers fine, legs leveled, cleaned within the last 1000 games, these don't come up very often.

(Edit) Oh, fuses intermittently blow, easy fix for someone who knows how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom