What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You played PZ? I love the playfield colours & sound but I wouldn't spend £1,750 on one. £1,000 - £1,200 OK but really no more than that, it just doesn't have the lasting appeal. The whole time I owned mine and I bought it off here I thought, "it's nice, but there's titles I want more than this." I sold mine on here for what I paid for it at £1,000. Granted things have gone up somewhat but £3,250 is way over priced.

Still what do I know? If you've a real soft spot for one then see what he says.

I’m a big fan of the era, would be willing to spend 1.5 to 2 on those things. I think my days of getting one below 2 are running out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a big fan of the era, would be willing to spend 1.5 to 2 on those things. I think my days of getting one below 2 are running out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think your statement is 100% accurate. PZ is £1.5K. But you will have to pay 2K I would imagine. No way is that one £3250.

Addams Family just popped up on FB Marketplace in Milton Keynes - £4k

a big price on the wizard. pretty rich for an EM
even that one. £2800+

C11823F1-F915-48B1-87DE-6955DE3C65F1.jpeg

Fireball Classic on eBay, "has been valued at £2k+" presumably by his mum.

Though seeing as it has a bid at £1500 she's obviously pretty clued up on pinflation.... :oops:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bally-Mi...-/203330930387?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
I asked who’d valued it at 2K+. His reply’s below.

eBayLogo.png

New message from: xee123 (302iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

Hi I know nothing about the pinball machine I bought it two years ago it’s not perfect I bought it from a dealer in Somerset last week I had him come out and give it a once over as I said in the advert it’s used​

That Gt Yarmouth boy has popped up in conversations here previously - not a tremendously warm reception if I recall

I asked who’d valued it at 2K+. His reply’s below.

Hi I know nothing about the pinball machine I bought it two years ago it’s not perfect I bought it from a dealer in Somerset last week I had him come out and give it a once over as I said in the advert it’s used

I guess he paid over the odds for it then, it's unlikely a dealer was going to charge him 2K though, surely? Ended at £1,850 then in the end. Let's see if it gets relisted or, "I'd sooner keep it for that money...." :/
It's more like a 1K game though, isn't it? I didn't realise this release was from 1985 though. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=853 Only 2000 made.
A lot of bleaching on the orange on the cabinet and red on the backglass.

l bought an Earthsaker off eBay and in was from the head office of Sunday Sport newspapers in Manchester. it was in a canteen with framed front pages of glamour ladies and "double decker bus found on moon" type headlines. Always wondered if the shaker added to the enjoyment factor at staff parties . Mind boggles.

It's more like a 1K game though, isn't it? I didn't realise this release was from 1985 though. https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=853 Only 2000 made.
Definitely third best in the Fireball trilogy. It’s a remake of the original EM but without zipper flippers and with rubbish Cheap Squeak sounds, if you fancy an electronic Fireball then Fireball 2 is a much better game :)

Definitely third best in the Fireball trilogy. It’s a remake of the original EM but without zipper flippers and with rubbish Cheap Squeak sounds, if you fancy an electronic Fireball then Fireball 2 is a much better game :)
Love fireball II. as you say i think it’s the best out of the 3.

For all the Fireball hype, very few folk on here would ever want a Fireball 1.

For its day, it was an amazing machine. But what percentage of guys on here that own machines own an em ? 5 per cent maybe ?

For all its technical wizardry as an early 70s game, Fireball is very slow and has puny 2" flippers. I am quite open minded about old games but 2" flippers are a show stopper for me.

Fireball 2 would be my choice too, but again, how many buyers are there for a Bally SS title these days ? The TV games make the DMDs look old so finding a buyer for an alphanumeric is hard enough nowadays.

As for Fireball 3, what was the manufacturer thinking ?

Fireball 2 would be my choice too, but again, how many buyers are there for a Bally SS title these days ?
Well the younger demographic of those buying pinballs (and by that I suppose I mean the under 50s) won’t have the nostalgia factor of remembering those games in the arcades in the early 80’s.

You can argue until you’re blue in the face about how amazing Squawk and Talk was at the time, or the relative novelty of multi ball, or magnasave, or the art of Kevin O’Connor - and people will just see slow, dark, old fashioned games that you can’t watch animations on and don’t have 5 minute ball times.

Having said all that even the Fireball Classic went for £1850, and the games from the era that are regarded as the best ones (such as Fathom, Centaur or Black Knight) still seem to have good demand and so fairly high prices and will probably continue to do so for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom